ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Toyota Center Houston, TX, 1st December 2005
© Wenn with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: How I wish I'd become Mrs Jagger Return to archive
29th October 2007 11:56 AM
moy How I wish I'd become Mrs Jagger
Pamela Des Barres, 59, is a former rock’n’roll groupie whose conquests have included Jimmy Page, Keith Moon and Jim Morrison. She recalls her passionate affair with Mick Jagger, which led to a choice between Mick and her then-boyfriend, Marty
I’d met Mick Jagger in LA and had a fabulous fling with him. He’d pursued me for a while, but at the time I was with Jimmy Page and Mick kept trying to convince me that Jimmy wasn’t being true to me on the road, and I just didn’t believe him. Jimmy really made you believe you were the only one.

Then I found out he was saying the same stuff to a few girls. I decided to have that fling with Mick after all.

Around that time — probably 1971 — I met a fabulous man called Marty, who was a clothier to the rock stars, so he was close enough to a rock star to appeal to me. He had come out to LA from London to open a store, and I met him in a club. Marty co-ran a store on the King’s Road called Granny Takes a Trip, and I decided to surprise him by taking a trip to London. I walked in and Mick Jagger was there trying on clothes. He dropped everything and yelled, “Miss Pamela!” — that’s what everyone called me back then — and I ran into his arms. Then Marty said: “My girlfriend’s here and she’s in Mick Jagger’s arms.” But, you know, he was a big groupie too — that’s why he had the clothing store.

So I moved in with Marty and planned on staying in London for a while. But during that time Mick and I started getting together — how could I not? I felt terribly guilty, because I was cheating on Marty, which is not something I would normally do. We’d have these afternoon trysts while Marty was working. Mick would come over to my house, I’d go over to his house — it was very naughty.

Mick was 26 years old and the most gorgeous, androgynous man. I loved androgyny in a man, and he sort of invented that, really. Although he was very, very sexy, he was girlie too, and that appealed to girls — it made us feel comfortable. He loved to dress up and he wore lipgloss — he used to be so much fun. He had a great sense of who he was and his position in life.

Mick and I had a wonderful couple of months making love: it was fun, light-hearted sex. In those days you could just have that. Marty and I were living in Fulham and the phone was in the hall, shared by a few different flats. It would ring, and he’d answer it and come and say: “Michael is on the phone.” Mick would call himself Michael so Marty wouldn’t know it was him. But I always suspected he knew and that, on one level, he was kind of happy his girlfriend was seeing Mick Jagger.

They were fun times. One afternoon Mick dropped in when Marty was at work and I was in the bathtub. I got out, dripping wet and naked, and he went “Oh, Miss Pamela, my God!” because he had Charlie [Watts] with him. He covered Charlie’s eyes. He protected Charlie because he was much more square than the rest of them.

We were having a really good time, then one day he called and asked me to go on the road with the Stones all through Europe. It was before he’d met Bianca, and he was definitely in the mood to get really serious about somebody. But, for a few reasons, I decided to say no, which is something I regret. I have no regrets about anything I’ve done apart from that. In fact, I had instant regret, because I loved being with Mick.

Instead I went back to Marty, which was a disaster. That’s when I found out that he was a big cheater; he even gave me the clap. The only time I got it, I got it from my boyfriend, Marty: never from a rock star. Then Marty became a big heroin addict, then a heroin dealer. It was all over, so I called Mick because I wanted to see him. Only now he was with Bianca, and she answered the phone. “Don’t ever call here again,” she said. Can you imagine how many people she had to say that to?

So I took a little trip to Europe and came back to LA and eventually got over it. I was 21, 22, having an amazing life.

I saw Keith Moon and Waylon Jennings for a while — I was definitely their LA girl. Keith was a tortured soul, but a sweet, loving, generous man. He had run over one of his best friends by accident and killed him. He’d wake up in the night screaming about what had happened.

A little later I hooked up with Don Johnson, but we were too young and it ran its course. Then I met and married another British musician, Michael Des Barres, and we were together a long time. It didn’t last, but we had a son, Nicholas, and still remain friends.

I’m not sure how life as Mrs Jagger would have been, but I’m sure it would have been thrilling. It probably wouldn’t have lasted, like it didn’t with Bianca, but I think I’d have had experiences that you would never, ever have dreamt of s

Pamela’s book, Let’s Spend the Night Together: Backstage Secrets of Rock Muses and Supergroupies (Helter Skelter Publishing, £17.99) is out now
29th October 2007 11:57 AM
Morrisey Hotel I don't like girls. Pussy makes me feel sick.
29th October 2007 12:18 PM
Gazza Another year, another groupie book from good ol' Pam.

She must have had more pricks than a second hard dartboard.
29th October 2007 12:24 PM
Morrisey Hotel I like Pricks, I must be part dart board.
29th October 2007 02:20 PM
zooeyglass
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Another year, another groupie book from good ol' Pam.

Thanks for making me spray Pepsi on my keyboard. Oddly enough, either "second hand" OR "second hard" seems to work with that one
29th October 2007 02:39 PM
gimmekeef She has a "best of" coming out next year.."Wham Bam Thank You Pam"
29th October 2007 03:06 PM
Gazza
quote:
zooeyglass wrote:

Thanks for making me spray Pepsi on my keyboard. Oddly enough, either "second hand" OR "second hard" seems to work with that one

oops...a Freudian slip on my part, it seems!
29th October 2007 06:41 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Gazza wrote:

...and she remembers every one. She must have a photographic memory.
29th October 2007 07:22 PM
Gazza She has a "plastercast" memory, TTM!
29th October 2007 09:46 PM
oldkr what a wretched hag she is - how she didnt kill off half of rock n roll as a vector of STD/STI's I'll never know!

OLDKR
29th October 2007 09:59 PM
texile
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Another year, another groupie book from good ol' Pam.

how many is it now? four?
books i mean -
at least she has a sense of humor and they are quite entertaining.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)