ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Toyota Center Houston, TX, 1st December 2005
© Wenn with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Red Hot Chile Pepper Shatters Record Return to archive
28th October 2007 02:53 PM
steel driving hammer Fri Oct 26, 4:15 PM ET

It's hot. Scorching hot. Guinness World Records hot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Researchers at New Mexico State University have discovered the world’s hottest chili pepper. It's called the Bhut Jolokia, a variety originating in Assam, India.

In tests that yield Scoville heat units (SHUs), the Bhut Jolokia reached 1 million SHUs, almost double the SHUs of former hotshot Red Savina (a type of habanero pepper), which measured a mere 577,000. The result was announced today by the American Society for Horticultural Science.

Chili is spelled "chile" by some, including Paul Bosland, director of the Chile Pepper Institute at New Mexico State’s Department of Plant and Environmental Sciences. Bosland collected seeds of Bhut Jolokia while visiting India in 2001. He grew the plants for three years to produce enough seeds to complete the field tests.

"The name Bhut Jolokia translates as 'ghost chile,'" Bosland explained. "I think it’s because the chile is so hot, you give up the ghost when you eat it!"

The intense heat concentration of Bhut Jolokia could have a significant impact on the food industry as an economical seasoning in packaged foods, he said.

28th October 2007 03:00 PM
pdog I'm surprised TTM didn't start this thread...

RHCP the band is awesome...

Habaneros are too much for me, so this thing would kill me...
28th October 2007 05:08 PM
fireontheplatter maxim mag had an interesting two page hot pepper article awhile back...it mentioned the bhut jolokia pepper. i could never eat this...i don't do well with hot spicy foods.
the reported described it as licking the devils fingers...very very hot.

28th October 2007 05:17 PM
BONOISLOVE I'm so happy I don't even know how I could answer this stupid thread!! Did I write "stupid"? I meant: "I hate you! You suck" (for the mean old woman who kicked my cat puppy; 50 years ago. She was mean, and the cat puppy died).

My PUPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!
28th October 2007 05:19 PM
steel driving hammer Well these peppers are hotter than the band...

CAN YOU FEEL THE FIRE

The Bhut Jolokia has recently been established as the world’s hottest pepper. Its Scoville rating (the scale used to measure heat) is double the previous record holder. Of course, this is positively unbelievable. For more on the in-depth history of the ghost pepper (so named becauuse its heat could allegedly chase away even the dead.

Edited by a hot tamale
[Edited by steel driving hammer]
28th October 2007 05:21 PM
BONOISLOVE Please, stay in topic.
28th October 2007 09:42 PM
M.O.W.A.T. Everyone knows that the hottest pepper in existence is the Guatemalan Insanity Pepper:

Chief Wiggum: "Afternoon, Homer. Care for some chili? I've added an extra ingredient just for you. The merciless peppers of Quetzlzacatenango! Grown deep in the jungle primeval by the inmates of a Guatemalan insane asylum."
28th October 2007 11:14 PM
Bloozehound Blair's After Death sauce is the hottest shit I've ever tried, it's rated at something like 50,000 scovilles, only takes a few little drops to light you up, I can't imagine someone trying to eat something 20 times more intense

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)