ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Toyota Center Houston, TX, 1st December 2005
© Wenn with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jagger - "Hopefully we will announce a big tour of Asia soon" Return to archive Page: 1 2
29th October 2007 01:35 PM
steel driving hammer Should they do free concert in Iraq for Peace?
29th October 2007 01:38 PM
mojoman
quote:
corgi37 wrote:

We have Leo Sayer as an Aussie now. Fuck, we dont NEED anyone!

fucking hilarious!!!
29th October 2007 02:01 PM
Gazza
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
Should they do free concert in Iraq for Peace?

Free Stones concerts tend to end in bloodshed. I doubt this would be any different.

I presume you're joking, anyway!
29th October 2007 02:02 PM
polytoxic
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Dubai?.....gimme a break....What will they open with???..A beheading?..and maybe they'll put the burqa on Chuck instead of Lisa...Fuck those rich oil bastards

No need to worry about that in Dubai. It's the Monte Carlo/Las Vegas/Ibiza of the middle east. That's why it's the one place they'd play. It's a playground for billionaires and anything goes there. The heiresses there don't wear underwear, much less burquas.

29th October 2007 03:14 PM
Gazza
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Dubai?.....gimme a break....What will they open with???..A beheading?..and maybe they'll put the burqa on Chuck instead of Lisa...Fuck those rich oil bastards

Guess thats a return trip to Texas ruled out for the Shine A Light tour, then....!
29th October 2007 03:38 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Guess thats a return trip to Texas ruled out for the Shine A Light tour, then....!

haha, I cant believe they might tour for a 'Tour' film
29th October 2007 06:09 PM
polytoxic
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

haha, I cant believe they might tour for a 'Tour' film

If you're playing places you've never played before then each show just becomes its own event -no other real reason is needed.

The Rolling Stones for the first time ever!
That's a better hook than any product to push.

Hell, if I were in any of the proposed cities in asia etc. and were remotely a fan that would be enough to get my blood running and my wallet open.

"I wouldn't say he's up for grabs but open for offers"
- Love You Live
29th October 2007 06:11 PM
Joey
quote:
polytoxic wrote:

If you're playing places you've never played before then each show just becomes its own event -no other real reason is needed.

Hell, if I were in any of the proposed cities in asia etc. and were remotely a fan that would be enough to get my blood running and my wallet open.

"I wouldn't say he's up for grabs but open for offers"
- Love You Live

I kinda like that " Shine - a - Light Tour " banner .

** WTF ?! **

Go for it !!!!!!!!!!!!

" Stones is Stones .. This thing is bigger than ALL of us Baby !!!! "

'kins , Est. 1999

29th October 2007 06:21 PM
polytoxic
quote:
Joey wrote:

" Stones is Stones .. This thing is bigger than ALL of us Baby !!!! "

The answer is none. None More Big!
29th October 2007 07:24 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

man, dubai is full of rich (and i mean wealthy) westerners too

corgi you are right the stones are essntially history here as far as the general populace is concerned and as you say they blew there chance here between 75 - 81 - but back in those days such tours were deemed to be (and probably were - essentially uneconomical - the cost of air travel (coupled with the extreme distance)back then was prohibitive plus some of our past labour and tax laws meant the game wasn't worth the candle - australia's 73 tour produced some of their best music - but i would be suprised if they really made a lot of money out of it - our pop. was and probably remains too small to be a real consideration

what suprises me given there supposed obession with the almighty dollar is that they haven't tried sucking more cash out of south america (and to a lesser extent japan)

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
29th October 2007 07:27 PM
Gazza
quote:
polytoxic wrote:

Correct...its up there with how "The Rolling Stones for possibly the LAST time ever!" would be for those of us more used to seeing them.

The Stones dont need a 'product' to tour behind anymore. (They didnt in the past either but until a couple of years ago, they just did it anyway to make it somewhat more justifiable)

Their name, good promotion, marketing and judging the market properly is enough every time - when done right.
29th October 2007 07:34 PM
Gazza
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

man, dubai is full of rich (and i mean wealthy) westerners too

corgi you are right the stones are essntially history here as far as the general populace is concerned and as you say they blew there chance here between 75 - 81 - but back in those days such tours were deemed to be (and probably were - essentially uneconomical - the cost of air travel (coupled with the extreme distance)back then was prohibitive plus some of our past labour and tax laws meant the game wasn't worth the candle - australia's 73 tour produced some of their best music - but i would be suprised if they really made a lot of money out of it - our pop. was and probably remains too small to be a real consideration

You're on the right grounds there. I would say the main reason why they didnt tour Australia for 22 years was as you say above combined with the fact that they couldnt/didnt tour Japan until 1990.

As you know, the 1973 Winter Tour was meant to include Hong Kong and Japan as well as Oz/NZ only it fell apart as Jagger was refused a visa due to the combination of having a drug conviction and being "too famous". If that had happened now, they probably would have pulled the plug on the whole tour.

Australia is a long way to go if there are no other shows where you can make money within about 7,000 miles.

Ths Asian tour next year probably wont make a HUGE amount of money in its own right, but the US run that will probably follow it will make up for that.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)