ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Toyota Center Houston, TX, 1st December 2005
© Wenn with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I love Indian food but find business boring: Mick Jagger Return to archive
27th October 2007 09:50 PM
moy I love Indian food but find business boring: Mick Jagger
28 Oct, 2007, 0410 hrs IST,Neha Dewan, TNN

JODHPUR: In the 60s, a Rolling Stones tour spelled hysteria, in the 70s and 80s debauchery, and in the 90s the last word in stadium rock. Today, it’s more of a holiday. Even as he walks in, you just can’t help but sense the pulsating energy that he brings inside. The face brandishing those ravenous lips crumples into itself; a paper bag of mirth. Mick Jagger is laughing.

His lean and wiry frame makes him look far younger than his years. But the 64-year-old singer with the Rolling Stones has plenty to laugh about. It’s 40 years since his band sped into the charts with ‘Come On’ and began their tenure as the greatest rock’n’roll band in the world. Four decades later, they are still on the road, rolling.

Visiting Jodhpur on a holiday and to attend the Rajasthan International Folk Festival (RIFF), being organised by Mehrangarh Museum Trust (MMT) and Jaipur Virasat Foundation (JVF), Jagger sounds excited when he talks about India.

“India is a fast changing country. Indian music is a whole mosaic of forms, which is fantastic. I have listened to Bengali, Gujarati and Rajasthani folk music, which is very nice. In fact, the most striking thing that one notices here is the co-existence of a lot many cultures side by side. For instance, you would see a guy with a camel standing in front of a shopping mall and a host of other contrasting elements,” says Jagger.

In the UK, the Rolling Stones are often ridiculed as wrinkly rockers for having the audacity to strut their stuff post-50. But for those old enough to remember the early days of the group who invented the sex, drugs and rock’n’roll lifestyle, it’s a miracle that the ringmaster, and a granddad is still ticking.

“It’s about what I do. I am quite involved in film work, song writing, singing, performing and films. Guess with so much to do I have little time to think of anything else!” quips the front man of Rolling Stones. The rock star currently has his hands full doing a lot of writing work. He recently also produced a movie ‘The Women.’

So what exactly inspires him to write all those heart-stopping chartbusters and especially what makes the Stones sell zillions of records even after so many years?

“There is inspiration in everything. I usually go somewhere quiet to write. Man-woman relationships, human emotions, social things that come to mind are some of the things that inspire me to pen soulful lyrics,” reveals Jagger.

He is keen on a concert in India but doesn’t know when that would be a possibility. “We look forward to coming here. However, I will be unable to comment on a timeline. We’ll probably organize an entire Asia tour soon,” he says.

On a parting note, Mick doesn’t forget to compliment the delectable Indian dishes. “I love all kinds of Indian food...we do have it frequently. But, my most favourite is South Indian food,” smiles the English rock musician, actor, songwriter, record and film producer and businessman. But he is not your typical aggressive capitalist. “I find business boring and really dull. I find singing a lot of fun. Business is more of a necessity,” explains Jagger.

About politics, Jagger prefers to give it a cold shoulder. “I have nothing to say about politics...it is particularly complex in India!” But this sprightly ‘young’ man loves cricket. “Though at the moment I am not watching cricket, twenty-twenty was fun!”
28th October 2007 01:40 PM
MrPleasant The greatest "Sir" in the world, of course.

28th October 2007 10:56 PM
IanBillen
What is up with the tour of Asia. It seems to be being started along behind the scenes. Oh well. Why though. They have soooo much money and have just toured for two years straight. Don't they want a break? Guess the boys don't need one now do they.

Wonder when we will get a new album? 2009 it seems. Yes we WILL get another tour and studio release (as long as their health holds up from now till then).

Ian
29th October 2007 04:18 AM
corgi37 "They still sell albums in the zillions"...

Hmmm, really?
29th October 2007 08:33 AM
Gazza
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

What is up with the tour of Asia. It seems to be being started along behind the scenes.

Not really. We've been telling you about this before the European leg ended.

this is the way its probably going to be from now on. Shorter bursts of touring, but without the 2-3 year gaps that were the norm before. At their age, both make sense.

quote:
IanBillen wrote:
Oh well. Why though. They have soooo much money and have just toured for two years straight. Don't they want a break? Guess the boys don't need one now do they.

Toured for two years straight? They played about 120 shows in 15 months, then took six months off and then played 30 shows in Europe over a period of 12 weeks.

They continue to tour because they want to perform. What else are they going to do?
29th October 2007 09:25 AM
gimmekeef I will not pay 880 zillion ruples or whatever for New Delhi tickets....Even an elephant wont be able to drag me there...Now a lil show here in Atlanta or anywhere within 2000 miles or so..I'm all in....
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)