ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Toyota Center Houston, TX, 1st December 2005
© Wenn with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones trivia game up now on RollingStone.com Return to archive
27th October 2007 03:50 PM
Mel Belli Go ahead and get yourself frustrated: Its own answers are mostly wrong, and the questions are misleadingly worded!

For instance, it has "Not Fade Away" as the band's first-ever single. The correct answer, of course, is Come On, which isn't even among the choices. It asks which band has never opened for the Stones; the "correct answer" is Red Hot Chili Peppers -- who did, in fact, open for the Stones.

There's another one that asks which track did not have Charlie Watts on it. Correct answers could have been "Happy," YCAGWYW, Sleep Tonight, etc. But RS.com has "It's Only Rock 'n' Roll." If I'm not mistaken, Kenny Jones may have been been on there at some point, but Charlie, eventually, did appear on the track.

Then it sets up a question asking which artist was not an uncredited performer on a Stones album. Possible answers include Ry Cooder -- who *was* credited with playing on Sister Morphine and Love in Vain. And, while there are no song-by-song credits on Dirty Work, there is mention of Jimmy Page having played on the album.

Anyway, I can't believe I wasted my time - then and just now!
27th October 2007 04:01 PM
Gazza
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
Go ahead and get yourself frustrated: Its own answers are mostly wrong,

You know...when I saw the title of this thread, I had a feeling there would be a comment like this..and thats without even having seen the competition myself.

An official Stones website run by people who actually know next to nothing about the Rolling Stones. We couldnt have imagined THAT, eh?
27th October 2007 04:07 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Gazza wrote:

You know...when I saw the title of this thread, I had a feeling there would be a comment like this..and thats without even having seen the competition myself.

An official Stones website run by people who actually know next to nothing about the Rolling Stones. We couldnt have imagined THAT, eh?

Well, in fairness to the not-so-savvy folks at that RS.com, this particular pile of dung was issued by Rolling Stone magazine.
27th October 2007 06:23 PM
Gazza I got ya.

Still - You mean the magazine that was founded by a guy who was such a HUGE fan he named the publication after his favourite band? Sh-urely not!

Bloody amateurs.

[Edited by Gazza]
27th October 2007 06:24 PM
gimmekeef First Place gets a piece of Jake Berrys stage furniture.Second place gets 2 pieces......
28th October 2007 02:47 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
First Place gets a piece of Jake Berrys stage furniture.Second place gets 2 pieces......

That is one of the funniest things I've ever read. Serious.
28th October 2007 03:05 PM
pdog RHCP's opened shows in LA in 1989 before Gn'R correct?
28th October 2007 03:31 PM
open-g
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
First Place gets a piece of Jake Berrys stage furniture.Second place gets 2 pieces......

Lol - did you make that up

or do they really need to put down that pipe?
28th October 2007 03:37 PM
steel driving hammer Which is why rs.com has never been my official Stones site.

This one is.
28th October 2007 04:10 PM
Gazza
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
Which is why rs.com has never been my official Stones site.

This one is.

Thanks, although as Mel pointed out above, this silly quiz appears on the website of the MAGAZINE Rolling Stone, not rs.com.
28th October 2007 04:19 PM
fireontheplatter 100 yankee dollars to play a game....i don't think soooo
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)