ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Toyota Center Houston, TX, 1st December 2005
© Wenn with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rolling Stones set furniture! Return to archive Page: 1 2
24th October 2007 01:10 PM
Messenger Hello!

I come with news of a new website, sponsored by the Stones themselves,

http://www.stagesetcollectibles.com/

has now opened, there you can bring a piece of the set home! Made into coffee tables and all sorts of furniture, these pieces are unique and from tours spreading from No Secutiry to Bridges to Babylon to backstage sets!

better hurry!
24th October 2007 02:40 PM
Saint Sway it just looks like expensive junk to me

but....

if you can somehow design a section of the 75/76 Lotus stage into a couch, I'm sure you'll probably get some bidders here

also, if you have any items that are certified to have been sat on by Lisa Fischer you'll probably get some offers as well
24th October 2007 04:09 PM
glencar I was at one page of No Security tables that said "one of a kind" but every single one looked just like the rest. I'm sensing a MAJOR rip-off. Eff you, Jake Berry!
24th October 2007 04:12 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Whoa. I could buy alot of heating oil with cash like that.
24th October 2007 04:39 PM
glencar You have a job?
24th October 2007 09:50 PM
stonedinaustralia i quote from the link:

After much procrastination and many tours in between the idea again came to light. Jake Berry approached the Rolling Stones and longtime friend and Stones promoter, Michael Cohl with the idea of turning the stage performance decks into collectible interior furnishings and designs. After much discussion, The Rolling Stones entrusted Jake to take their stages from previous tours, wipe off the dust, remove them from storage and transform them into useable one-of-a-kind items for the collectible market

Rock Bottom. Youll Know It When You Get There.

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
25th October 2007 11:16 AM
Paranoid_Android I'd buy one just to bend Michael Cohl over it and screw him the way he has been screwing all of us!!!
25th October 2007 11:22 AM
Jumacfly I don t see the interest of buying those horrible and very expensive items..
22 000 bucks for a table?? man that sucks!
never buy something from a guy called Jake ...
25th October 2007 11:23 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
After much discussion, The Rolling Stones entrusted Jake to take their stages from previous tours, wipe off the dust, remove them from storage and transform them into useable one-of-a-kind items for the collectible market

Well why not? Its showbiz.

25th October 2007 12:01 PM
Gazza
quote:
Messenger wrote:
Hello!

I come with news of a new website, sponsored by the Stones themselves,

http://www.stagesetcollectibles.com/

has now opened, there you can bring a piece of the set home! Made into coffee tables and all sorts of furniture, these pieces are unique and from tours spreading from No Secutiry to Bridges to Babylon to backstage sets!

better hurry!

hurry? Somehow I think the demand for $10,000 coffee tables will be a bit limited.

No end to this insanity, it seems.
25th October 2007 12:08 PM
MrPleasant I am into zen bs. I don't have anything but my jeans.
25th October 2007 02:49 PM
GotToRollMe A dirty old piece of metal with plenty of 90 degree angles! Great for entertaining guests, and the kids will love it too!

25th October 2007 02:59 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:

hurry? Somehow I think the demand for $10,000 coffee tables will be a bit limited.

No end to this insanity, it seems.

I wonder if they'll even be able to sell as many as 3 of these pieces of junk??
If any???

[Edited by Saint Sway]
25th October 2007 03:01 PM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
A dirty old piece of metal with plenty of 90 degree angles! Great for entertaining guests, and the kids will love it too!

Is that BLOOD on this thing? That would make it cool!!!
25th October 2007 03:22 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:

Is that BLOOD on this thing? That would make it cool!!!

rust
25th October 2007 04:01 PM
oldkr i was expecting something slightly more creative then chopping the stage into coffee table sized oblongs then sticking work bench legs on them, a missed opportunity for sure... that being said the no security and the ones with the round vents in are the coolest. I'd give them $250 for one of the coffee tables with the round grating.

OLDKR
[Edited by oldkr]
25th October 2007 05:30 PM
Gazza
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I wonder if they'll even be able to sell as many as 3 of these pieces of junk??
If any???

Thats what I thought too. I honestly cant believe that anyone is going to be insane enough to spend a five figure sum on an unattractive coffee table because of some tenuous link to an old Stones stage (besides, how does one verify the authenticity of it anyway.. do you get DNA evidence that Keith has walked on it or something?)

I suppose, to tie in with the advertsing, you'd really need to be 'one of a kind' to stump up that kind of money.

I mean, $18,000 for THIS?

[Edited by Gazza]
25th October 2007 05:34 PM
Riffhard It's no wonder that the original poster of this thread is named Messenger. He must've known that everyone would want to kill him.

Riffy
25th October 2007 05:34 PM
Saint Sway I'm saving my 20 grand for when they offer "one of a kind" handkerchiefs made from small bits of Mick's silk shirts and jackets
26th October 2007 06:15 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
It's no wonder that the original poster of this thread is named Messenger. He must've known that everyone would want to kill him.

Riffy

LOL
27th October 2007 06:29 AM
corgi37 Why cant they sell 1 of Keith's weather sticks?
27th October 2007 02:53 PM
gimmekeef Even I wont spring for this crap....Jake Berry would make more $ sellin off the soundboards I'm sure he has tucked away.......
27th October 2007 09:41 PM
Bitch those are ugly
IMO
27th October 2007 10:11 PM
robpop Coffee table? It looks a a huge screwdriver. I would not even put this shit in my garage.

28th October 2007 01:36 AM
andrews27 Fanbase to Stones, Cohl, Stage Set Collectables: FUCK YOU!
28th October 2007 03:09 AM
Michael Cohl Nothing says, "We appreciate the fans", as much as an $18,000 rusty piece of scrap metal. These deals are incredible! You people never had it so good.

28th October 2007 11:26 AM
Gazza
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Even I wont spring for this crap....Jake Berry would make more $ sellin off the soundboards I'm sure he has tucked away.......

Good point.

It speaks volumes that other acts dip into their archives and sell their fans recordings of their concerts, both past and present.

The Stones donate the scrap from their old stages and give it to road crew to make into coffee tables to be sold for $20,000 at a time.
29th October 2007 12:15 PM
StephenNYC I've seen polished stainless steel airplane wing tables but this stage furniture is way to costly and does not merit such a high price tag. The concept seems plausible but the rest does not.
29th October 2007 12:22 PM
Sid Vicious Malcolm McClaren is selling my old syringes on eBay.
29th October 2007 12:23 PM
Morrisey Hotel Johnny Marr is seling my old condoms on eBay, they smell of poop, buyer beware!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)