ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Toyota Center Houston, TX, 1st December 2005
© Wenn with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: AC/DC's "Plug Me In: DVD set Rocks!!! Return to archive
18th October 2007 12:17 AM
The_Worst Of course that is to be expected! I picked up the 3 DVD collectors edition & it has alot of videos I have never seen before (& I own everything AC/DC has ever released along with a ton of bootlegs). One disc is all Bon Scott & a few never before seen interviews. Includes footage of them playing in a high school in Australia in 1975. The second disc is the Brian Johnson era. Some of the highlights are some tunes from the Flick of the Switch tour including an incredible opening version of Guns for Hire! Also has Brian Johnson versions of Gone Shootin & Ride On (2 Bon Scott songs that were probably only played once ever during the Brian Johnson era. Still have to get to disc 3 but this is over 7 hours of unreleased footage ranging from appearances on TV shows to bootleg concert films. I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend this!!!
18th October 2007 12:56 AM
mrhipfl
quote:
The_Worst wrote:
Of course that is to be expected! I picked up the 3 DVD collectors edition & it has alot of videos I have never seen before (& I own everything AC/DC has ever released along with a ton of bootlegs). One disc is all Bon Scott & a few never before seen interviews. Includes footage of them playing in a high school in Australia in 1975. The second disc is the Brian Johnson era. Some of the highlights are some tunes from the Flick of the Switch tour including an incredible opening version of Guns for Hire! Also has Brian Johnson versions of Gone Shootin & Ride On (2 Bon Scott songs that were probably only played once ever during the Brian Johnson era. Still have to get to disc 3 but this is over 7 hours of unreleased footage ranging from appearances on TV shows to bootleg concert films. I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend this!!!

It's on my birthday list. Someone once told me that AC/DC play their songs live exactly the same as they sound on record. Is that true?
18th October 2007 01:10 AM
The_Worst It's kind of true except I like live AC/DC better than studio. I think AC/DC Live & If You Want Blood (You've Got It) are 2 of the greatest live recording of all time (& probably 2 of the greatest albums PERIOD. You'll love it! Trust me!!!
18th October 2007 02:31 AM
GimmeExile Is the 3-DVD set worth the extra money? Or does the cheap 2-DVD set suffice? It's a huge price difference to get that extra disc. Plus, you get ticket stubs, posters, etc., right?

[Edited by GimmeExile]
18th October 2007 05:49 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:

It's on my birthday list. Someone once told me that AC/DC play their songs live exactly the same as they sound on record. Is that true?

No.
20th October 2007 08:23 PM
The_Worst
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
Is the 3-DVD set worth the extra money? Or does the cheap 2-DVD set suffice? It's a huge price difference to get that extra disc. Plus, you get ticket stubs, posters, etc., right?

[Edited by GimmeExile]

If you are a big fan of AC/DC like myself I definitely think it's worth the extra money. There are about 15 more songs on the third disc including a 9 song set from a concert on the Flick of the Switch tour. There is also a nice booklet, all kinds of reproductions of tickets & backstage passes from tours throught the years & a Highway To Hell poster. For a hardcore fan like myself it's a must have. For an average fan, maybe not so much. I have to repeat that one of the highlights for me is "Guns for Hire" live. It was the opener on the Flick of the Switch tour. I never saw footage of that live from that tour before & it is incredible. A wild opener with Angus screeching the opening riff standing on top of a stack of Marshall amps before diving down onto the stage with the whole band kicking in. The bonus disc also has a live version of "It's a Long way to the Top" with Bon Scott playing the bagpipes on stage-something else I never saw before. I look forward to cranking the discs up again tonight while throwing back some cold ones!!!
27th October 2007 05:17 AM
GimmeExile Your posts about this edition are inspiring! I will now buy the 3-DVD set...
27th October 2007 09:33 AM
MRD8 If for no other reason(and there are TONS of other reasons!) this set is worth it just to have the Stones with Angus and Malcolm doing Rock Me Baby in Leipzig in 2003 on the Licks tour! Angus seems to energize the whole band...Keith starts weaving with him...then he duck walks with Ronnie...when you think the song is over they start up again and go crazy! Its funny to see Keith, Angus and Malcolm gathered around an uncomfortable looking Mick! Its the last track on disc two so you don't need the 3DVD version to see it. Of course this footage is also on the Stones Four Flicks boxset!
27th October 2007 02:25 PM
Bloozehound this sounds coolers

29th October 2007 03:49 PM
rogerriffin Scool Day performace in dvd1
Rock me baby, Hail Caesar, and Russian performance in dvd2
The Entire show of dvd3

Worth it!!!

Contains many interesting songs, and the quality of whole the dvds are fantastic!

Dont`doubt it, the 3DVD set its the best!!!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)