ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Toyota Center Houston, TX, 1st December 2005
© Wenn with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Tomorrow night is a Drive By Truckers night... Return to archive
16th October 2007 06:10 PM
Fiji Joe Sho nuff...

16th October 2007 06:15 PM
Saint Sway Fee Gee,
do yourself a favor and get in early and check out their special guest Ryan Bingham

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbingham

He's the real deal. his album "Mescalito" just came out and is excellent. Best of the year.

produced by Marc Ford of The Black Crowes
16th October 2007 06:19 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Fee Gee,
do yourself a favor and get in early and check out their special guest Ryan Bingham

He's the real deal. his album "Mescalito" just came out and is excellent. Best of the year.

I'll do that...
16th October 2007 06:35 PM
Fiji Joe Sway...can you play?...anything?...We're looking for a replacement for Starbuck...his influence makes all our songs sound like Obladi Oblada
16th October 2007 07:04 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Sho nuff...

whatever you do, don't show this video to britney spears or lindsey lohan.

everybody say ow
17th October 2007 02:36 AM
MikeyC613
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Fee Gee,

I saw Jason Isbell at the Bowery last week. He was cool, I liked his tunes, me and my buds were screaming for John Henry the whole time, to no luck. Wished I could have seen the Truckers with him.
17th October 2007 09:52 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
MikeyC613 wrote:

I saw Jason Isbell at the Bowery last week. He was cool, I liked his tunes, me and my buds were screaming for John Henry the whole time, to no luck. Wished I could have seen the Truckers with him.

Isbell should have stayed with the Truckers...it was good for all of them
17th October 2007 10:02 AM
Maxlugar Magical night for me.

[Edited by Maxlugar]
17th October 2007 11:51 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Sway...can you play?...anything?...We're looking for a replacement for Starbuck...his influence makes all our songs sound like Obladi Oblada

guitar and lap steel

and have proudly never bothered to learn a single beatle tune
17th October 2007 03:53 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

guitar and lap steel

and have proudly never bothered to learn a single beatle tune

You are under consideration...while you may have to serve a while under Ronnie Wood status, it is possible you can eventually earn full band rights...have you written any songs?...we are songwriters first and foremost...our songs generally center around sinners, saints, cornbread and leopards...any ideas?

17th October 2007 04:02 PM
Saint Sway I once penned a tune about a guy who went to prison for attempting to kill the members of Def Leppard by poisoning the cornbread in the backstage buffet at a show in Talahassee.

it was called "Def, Dead & Gone"

the chorus went:
"You may of crawled back out of that ditch with one arm/but when you finish that corn bread you'll be dead and gone/I'll pour some sugar on yer buried bones/oh yeah yeah yeah you'll be dead and gone"

Does that count?

[Edited by Saint Sway]
17th October 2007 04:05 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I once penned a tune about a guy who went to prison for attempting to kill the members of Def Leppard by poisoning the cornbread in the backstage buffet at a show in Talahassee.

it was called "Def, Dead & Gone"

the chorus went:
"You may of crawled back out of that ditch with one arm/but when you finish that corn bread you'll be dead and gone/I'll pour some sugar on yer buried bones/oh yeah yeah yeah you'll be dead and gone"

Does that count?

[Edited by Saint Sway]

If interested, you will need to send us a demo...of something...this is a serious effort...seriously...perhaps you've heard the underground buzz and some of our earlier releases?...pedal steel is what we need
17th October 2007 04:11 PM
Saint Sway Feejus, why are you on the internets when you should be out drinking?

big bill tonite, Tater
17th October 2007 04:13 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

If interested, you will need to send us a demo...of something...this is a serious effort...seriously...perhaps you've heard the underground buzz and some of our earlier releases?...pedal steel is what we need

please tell me this doesnt involve Pug, tamborines and a motel in Wildwood
17th October 2007 04:14 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Feejus, why are you on the internets when you should be out drinking?

big bill tonite, Tater

Drinking starts at 6...and ends promptly at midnight...I have to work tomorrow and I'm supposed to be doing something relatively important...Black Rebel Motorcycle Club was there last night when I went to get my ticket...hanging out front...I saw them open for the Stones...was not impressed
17th October 2007 04:16 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

please tell me this doesnt involve Pug, tamborines and a motel in Wildwood

Pug has absolutely no involvement in this band...point of fact, that rule # 1 of our band charter...This is lotus couch stuff...Hmmmm...you really don't have our last single?
17th October 2007 04:36 PM
Starbuck
quote:
Sway...can you play?...anything?...We're looking for a replacement for Starbuck...his influence makes all our songs sound like Obladi Oblada

so now the truth comes out? sickening.

beware of working with him sway...his original idea for this project was for it to be a van halen bluegrass tribute band.
17th October 2007 04:38 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Starbuck wrote:

so now the truth comes out? sickening.

beware of working with him sway...his original idea for this project was for it to be a van halen bluegrass tribute band.

You weren't supposed to see that...Hey, can't blame a man for looking for a bandmate who drinks better beer than Bud Light
17th October 2007 04:58 PM
Starbuck
quote:
You weren't supposed to see that...Hey, can't blame a man for looking for a bandmate who drinks better beer than Bud Light

well i'm sorry already....i know you requested busch light, but the liquor store was out.
18th October 2007 11:30 AM
Fiji Joe OK..the show was absolutely fantastic...It amazes me that there are chuckleheads on this board hee hawing about Van Halen when there is real rock n' roll to be found on this planet...a sorry state of world affairs

I'm not much for reviews...but what I thought about the show I wrote here...Did I mention I bought Cooley some wings?

http://www.maxlugar.com/forum/detail.asp?Id=95487
18th October 2007 07:32 PM
Joey " I'll do that... "

< ---- Lil' Fiji ...... I just got this feeling that
someday you will be a :

GREAT WRITER ?!

18th October 2007 09:10 PM
Bloozehound Wassup with these Drive by Truckers ?
18th October 2007 09:33 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
Wassup with these Drive by Truckers ?

Don't know you better axe somebody...

18th October 2007 10:32 PM
Bloozehound I liked that one, good heavy groove

What are some of these guys rockin best ?
25th October 2007 01:38 PM
Saint Sway Truckers invade NYC this weekend. Playing 2 different venues...

I'm on the guest list for saturday. Anyone here going to either night?

again, if you're going, I recommend getting in early to check out Ryan Bingham and his band

(actually I think he'd be a great replacement for Isabell... )
28th October 2007 01:53 PM
Egbert
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Truckers invade NYC this weekend. Playing 2 different venues...

I'm on the guest list for saturday. Anyone here going to either night?

again, if you're going, I recommend getting in early to check out Ryan Bingham and his band

(actually I think he'd be a great replacement for Isabell... )

Went to Friday's BB show thanks to my DBT-fanatic friends having an extra ticket - good call on Bingham.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)