ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Toyota Center Houston, TX, 1st December 2005
© Wenn with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The October Baseball thread Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
11th October 2007 10:10 PM
PartyDoll MEG The Midwest just isn't as classy is it?....but after all you ARE dealing with Cleveland..

12th October 2007 07:14 AM
lotsajizz nah, the Indians ARE classy....some of the fans like that guy, well......may as well bitch about Kent State in the context of the baseball playoffs....
12th October 2007 07:49 AM
PartyDoll MEG Since I live in Columbus (halfway between the National League and the American league Ohio teams) and since Columbus only knows OSU Football, todays Sports page has photos of the Indians and Red Soxs players, withposition by position breakdown.

Nelly, I didn't think the Newspaper was gonna save me today!

And the Arts section has the story of "Cleveland's Curse"

And you wonder..
Sad...very SAD

But anway...Go TRIBE!!
12th October 2007 10:14 AM
gimmekeef Anyone seen alltime Expo great Rusty Staub?.......
12th October 2007 10:21 AM
glencar Le Grande Orange? I believe he's at the Minneapolis airport, stall 3...
12th October 2007 10:22 AM
glencar I'll be out of town tonight w/o cable so I won't get to see tonight or tomorrow's games. I'm rooting for the TRIBE natch and the Rockies in the NL.
12th October 2007 02:33 PM
Starbuck i shall enjoy watching the rockies take the series in six games over the sox.

you heard it here first...hottest team in baseball history, at the right time.

i shall congratulate keno immediately.
12th October 2007 02:48 PM
Nellcote Disgrunted Twins fan who wishes Big Papi was still in Minnesota speaks!
12th October 2007 06:14 PM
Starbuck
quote:
Disgrunted Twins fan who wishes Big Papi was still in Minnesota speaks!

if only he had been taking roids when he played for us!
12th October 2007 06:19 PM
lotsajizz when did you stop beating your wife Bucky?
12th October 2007 06:38 PM
PartyDoll MEG Handshakes all around Baahstun Big Boys....
May the best team win!!

Oh and Go Tribe!!!
12th October 2007 07:02 PM
fireontheplatter go red sox
12th October 2007 09:25 PM
lotsajizz CC has a big ass
12th October 2007 11:10 PM
Nellcote Sox Win!

12th October 2007 11:21 PM
fireontheplatter 1 down
14th October 2007 10:36 AM
LadyJane Amazing 11th inning!!!!!!!!!!!
Go Tribe!!!!!!!!!

LJ.
14th October 2007 01:57 PM
lotsajizz when you're facing Eric "Gage Me" Gange, it ain't so amazin'!
14th October 2007 07:36 PM
ultimaterocker i can't believe the last tiem ive seen a team as hot as the Rockies......
14th October 2007 08:42 PM
lotsajizz the Rockies are the hottest team I've EVER seen!
15th October 2007 12:06 PM
glencar Good luck to Cleveland tonight!!!!
15th October 2007 12:21 PM
gimmekeef Rockies versus Tribe would be a nice change.Networks would hate it but too bad..would be entertaining series I think.
15th October 2007 06:53 PM
PartyDoll MEG The bees are still living..So hopefully the midges are too and will be out in full force tonight...

May the best team win..
Go TRIBE!!!!
15th October 2007 07:17 PM
fireontheplatter go red sox tonight
15th October 2007 09:36 PM
pdog
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
the Rockies are the hottest team I've EVER seen!

no shit...
16th October 2007 12:14 AM
glencar Tribe wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
16th October 2007 05:55 AM
MRD8 GO TRIBE!!!
16th October 2007 08:10 AM
Some Guy
16th October 2007 10:16 AM
Lil Brian Tickets in Denver for the Series are going for $250 each, the Rockpile for maybe $150. I'd really like to go but this is starting to sound more like a Stones concert. $$$$$

The locals want Boston but I'm for Cleveland, somebody new. The Phillies and the Diamondbacks were one thing though, these AL teams might be another. I guess that's why they play the game. go Rockies!
16th October 2007 11:17 AM
glencar Artie Lange calls them the Colorado "I-like-cockies"!
16th October 2007 11:49 AM
time is on my side This just goes to show when it comes to baseball, anything is possible. How does a team win 21 out of 22??? The Rockies???? Come on. Wake me up. This can't be happening.

Another example of the parity in baseball. Despite the idea floating around in the press of big market, big spending teams dominating the game. The reality is that in recent years more times than not it just isn't happening.

Yankees- eliminated. Just like they were eliminated in 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, and now 2007. Also, here are the World Champs starting in 2000: Yankees, Diamondbacks, Angels, Marlins, Red Sox, White Sox, Cardinals. At least four of those are not known as "big spending teams" (Diamondbacks, Marlins, White Sox or Cardinals & the Angels weren't known as one back in 2002 when they won though that has probably changed recently). Seven years; seven different Champs. Of the three teams remaining, only one big spending team (Red Sox) remains. Also, with three teams remaining, there's a 66% chance it could be 8 years; 8 different Champs. This would mean over a quarter of all baseball teams would have won a World Championship in a span of time lasting only 8 years. Sounds to me like something new has been happening in baseball for some time now.

Look at some of the teams who made it to the World Series but didn't win (Houston, Detroit come to mind). It seems like every year someone is either making it to the World Series for the first time ever or for the first time in quite a few years. At least in recent years. Even the Cubs came within a few outs of making it to the World Series a few years ago but, then again, that's another story.

Edited for spelling
[Edited by time is on my side]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)