ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Toyota Center Houston, TX, 1st December 2005
© Wenn with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The October Baseball thread Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
3rd October 2007 11:04 AM
Saint Sway some great matchups!

Gonna be some great games with great story lines. No clear cut favs this year. Gotta love it. Aces vs Aces. This is what makes baseball America's past time.

so who do you like?

pick em here
3rd October 2007 11:12 AM
glencar Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees YankeesYankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees
3rd October 2007 11:22 AM
Saint Sway Yanks look good, but can they finally figure out how to beat Aneheim???

though who wouldnt love to see a Sox vs Yanks championship? The last 2 championship series they played against each other were beyond epic. Stuff of legend.

what about in the NL? Rocks and Phils are both riding hot streaks but one will cancel the other out
3rd October 2007 12:10 PM
monkey_man My money is on Philly to take the NL into the Series
3rd October 2007 12:23 PM
Lazy Bones my picks...

AL - Angels/Indians
NL - Rockies/DBacks

AL - Angels
NL - DBacks

Angels!
3rd October 2007 12:50 PM
Saint Sway Killer matchup tonight: Beckett vs Lackey

stud matchups for the 1st 2 games of NY vs Tribe series too

Wang vs Sabathia
Pettite vs Carmona
3rd October 2007 12:50 PM
bilsim Wow, I'm going to be a brit in the middle of a baseball thread! After getting some streaming sorted, I can actually watch baseball now. Last time I was over your side of the pond, I saw the Florida Marlins a few times and enjoyed the experience but they are not great. Hopefully if I spend enough time here you'll give me an education!
3rd October 2007 12:51 PM
Some Guy who's in it?
3rd October 2007 12:52 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
who's in it?

8 teams not called The Braves
3rd October 2007 01:39 PM
glencar
quote:
bilsim wrote:
Wow, I'm going to be a brit in the middle of a baseball thread! After getting some streaming sorted, I can actually watch baseball now. Last time I was over your side of the pond, I saw the Florida Marlins a few times and enjoyed the experience but they are not great. Hopefully if I spend enough time here you'll give me an education!

All you need to know is:

Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees Yankees
3rd October 2007 01:45 PM
pdog I'm a;; fpr The Phils b/c of hometown roots going back to my great grandfather, who was both a Phillies season ticket holder and a one time Athletics season ticket holder. Yeah, The A's came from Philly.
I hate The Yankees. I hate Yankess fans until I get to know them...
i also have grown to hate The BoSox... So on the AL it comes down to rooting for The Indians... The Angels are okay, but they won against The giants a few years back, and I'm not over it...
CO, is toast (I hope). Cubs, I'm on the fence about... Dbacks like the Rockies came on very strong, and are young scrappy teams...
There is no cakewalk in the NL... The AL, still use a DH, which IMO is fucking lame, and pretty much always get's in the way of me rooting for or enjoying the games as much as I do NL games.

I have no idea why I'm typing, my mind is clouded and I'm just bored waiting for todays game to start...
It's all about Philly, fuck the rest... your team sucks!
3rd October 2007 01:48 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

8 teams not called The Braves

ooh, I got fouled on that play.
3rd October 2007 01:49 PM
glencar I actually have a soft spot for the Indians as I used to live in that benighted town for almost 8 years. I probably saw 100 games or so. They were hopeless back then; absolutely hopeless.
3rd October 2007 02:48 PM
Nellcote We own Lackey, he's 1-6 vs. Sox
Scocia not thinking on that start
3rd October 2007 03:02 PM
robpop NL is so embarassing. Its so embarassing that the leaders did not even want to win thier divisions.
3rd October 2007 04:59 PM
fireontheplatter the yankees will probably win over cleveland

i would like to see the phillies take colorado...just because i live on the east coast. do love colorado tho.

i so want the red sox over the angles...i want them all the way.

that is it thus far me me....when i get the other teams schedules i will post my faves from them.

this is going to be fun.
3rd October 2007 05:58 PM
Some Guy Damn PERKS- you were there!

3rd October 2007 06:04 PM
Some Guy Yo Sway, I saw that little move you and Glencar played at the end of the Van Halen thread:

3rd October 2007 06:10 PM
Some Guy
3rd October 2007 06:13 PM
mrhipfl

My dad's Bostonian girlfriend has me convinced that the red sox are the greatest team on the planet.......
3rd October 2007 06:15 PM
glencar
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Yo Sway, I saw that little move you and Glencar played at the end of the Van Halen thread:

Aha! I actually was justing upping your play. Did Some Guy outmanuever me?
3rd October 2007 06:33 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Yo Sway, I saw that little move you and Glencar played at the end of the Van Halen thread:

3rd October 2007 06:35 PM
robpop Van Halen thread reached 500. I never thought that thread would rech 50. Is this the new Superblow?
[Edited by robpop]
3rd October 2007 09:08 PM
Nellcote Still the same John Lackey I have come to recall.
Red Sox win on Beckett 4 hit shutout 4-0
3rd October 2007 09:27 PM
robpop I would like to see them field the ball while holding a beer.
3rd October 2007 11:46 PM
lotsajizz just back from Fenway...beware all who must face Commander Kickass of the Fuck Yeah Brigade!!
[Edited by lotsajizz]
4th October 2007 11:18 AM
BONOISLOVE
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

HELLOU THERE!!!!!
4th October 2007 03:14 PM
robpop Looks like a long day for the Phillies. Two Rockies HRs.
[Edited by robpop]
4th October 2007 03:16 PM
Some Guy Sway, remove the hex, there is already talk of Dave forgetting the lines and Eddie drinking. Don't you like doors blowed?
4th October 2007 04:22 PM
fireontheplatter yankees game 1 tonight in a few hrs.....gonna be a goodie.

i am glad the red sox won last night.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)