ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
¡ Gracias Fernando !
Watts by Aceves
Angel Stadium of Anaheim - Anahaeim, CA - 4th November 2005
© 2005 Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: A Bigger Bang [SPECIAL EDITION] Return to archive
November 1st, 2005 08:47 AM
Jair From Amazon.com

What's the special about it, besides the different cover?
Due to December 6.

November 1st, 2005 08:55 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Remember we announced earlier than in November Sandisk willbe releasingABB in gr?vi? format, the first removable flash memory card of its type to be sold with premium music content.

It will have BONUS TRACKS (probably the intended for the DVD) this will be the premier launch of this format

More here: http://www.sandisk.com/pressrelease/20050927g.htm
November 1st, 2005 12:14 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I think it is not the Sandisk's release but the cover of the CD/VCD

I received this from Thejuf from the firtylicks fan club http://www.fortylicksfanclub.com

STONES TO RELEASE 'A BIGGER BANG'
SPECIAL EDITION CD & DVD

The Rolling Stones are set to release 'A Bigger Bang' Special Edition CD & DVD on 21 November 2005 through Virgin Records. The new edition will be issued in a slipcase with a metallic sliver tongue and comes with a bonus DVD that features a whole host of goodies including two songs recorded during the Bigger Bang sessions. The two new tracks are both Jagger/Richards compositions - 'Under The Radar' and 'Don't Wanna Go Home'.

The video portion of the DVD includes Jake Nava's video for Streets of Love, complete with commentary from Jake plus two TV performances filmed in Toronto of ''Streets Of Love' and 'Rough Justice'.

There are also interviews with each band member and exclusive studio footage in 'an introduction to A Bigger Bang' as well as a photo gallery with shots from acclaimed photographers Mark Seliger and Steven Klein.

Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood are currently touring North America. The rolling Stones world tour will then trek through Mexico, South America, the Far East and finally Europe in the summer of
November 1st, 2005 12:29 PM
Jair YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many thanks, Voodoo!!!

Hmm, I must admit that this time it's hard to follow
so many different relea$e$...

[Edited by Jair]
November 1st, 2005 02:24 PM
time is on my side Incredible news!!!

Thanks for the information.
November 1st, 2005 04:22 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
The two new tracks are both Jagger/Richards compositions - 'Under The Radar' and 'Don't Wanna Go Home'

hopefully someone will report back on the quality of these songs.

let me propose a scale for such a report:

Level 1: "Made In The Shade" - Classic. Could fit on almost any Stones album. (i.e. BOMH/ONNYA)

Level 2: "Steel Voodoo Bridges" - Standard 90s Stones. Good. But not classic. (i.e. RJ, Dangerous Beauty)

Level 3: "Dogshit In The Doorway" - Horrible Mick solo crap with a tongue logo undeservedly slapped on it. (i.e. LWTCDI, RFD, SNC)
November 1st, 2005 07:15 PM
Lavendar OH NO ..... WONDERFUL! Just WONDERFUL!!!!
November 1st, 2005 09:09 PM
Soldatti Under The Radar could be another blues track.
November 1st, 2005 09:21 PM
glencar They should have included studio or live versions of the cover songs from this tour.
November 1st, 2005 10:27 PM
Soldatti The DVD set looks very cheap. Why not the press conference set? Why not three or four live songs from the tour?

November 2nd, 2005 01:02 AM
exile

Is this

this?
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0009WQHCE/qid=1130911269/sr=8-2/ref=pd_bbs_2/104-1389497-2879960?v=glance&s=music&n=507846

are they the same thing?
If so i have had one on order since ABB was released, keeps getting delayed.
November 2nd, 2005 04:12 AM
Honky Tonk Man While it's exciting that we are going to get a couple of new tracks, lets remember that, unless they were recorded with the DVD in mind, they were obviously not considered good enough for the original A Bigger Bang.

Personally, I'd be happier if these tracks were used as b-sides. It's certainly better than hearing remixes.
November 2nd, 2005 06:58 AM
corgi37 Dowload! Download! Download!
November 3rd, 2005 05:00 AM
exile
quote:
exile wrote:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0009WQHCE/qid=1130911269/sr=8-2/ref=pd_bbs_2/104-1389497-2879960?v=glance&s=music&n=507846

are they the same thing?

are they the same thing?
November 3rd, 2005 06:35 AM
Jair Hey Exile,
I remember you said here that you, like me, also have ordered the Jap ABB edition.

Lets hope now that extra stuff be included on this. Or will
have to buy one more release...
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)