ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Wiltern Theater, Los Angeles, CA November 4, 2002
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: LSTNT DVD Release? Return to archive
11-03-02 03:45 PM
patioaintdry I apologize if this has been discussed already.

BN.com shows a release for November 19 of Let's Spend the Night Together DVD. Also Pulled the following description off CDnow.com:

"This imported DVD, playable on US systems features the Stones, best performances live from JFK Stadium in Philadelphia, PA. in September of 1981 through the Hampton, Virginia Coliseum performances on December 19th. Recorded in Dolby Digital 2.0 sound."

Sounds too good to be true.
11-03-02 04:43 PM
full moon It is true... I can not wait,.....
11-03-02 04:52 PM
Chris Diemoz Be aware LSTNT is out officially in Brazil. I can't say it's
that version, but the description you quoted says
"this imported dvd"...

Cheers,
Chris
11-03-02 04:53 PM
tumblingdice Why wait??? You can find it on e-bay usually at a good price, I think I paid about 14.00 to 19.00 for mine.
11-03-02 07:51 PM
Boomhauer Good point, dicey.

It cost too fucking much at those stores. I've seen 'em at eBay for $20 or less.

I don't think it even has any bonus stuff on it either.
11-03-02 08:27 PM
tumblingdice Yeah, no extras or anything just the show. But really that's what it's all about anyway!
11-03-02 09:49 PM
Mr T no shit?

really?

that's fucking great
11-03-02 10:41 PM
Boomhauer Ba na na-na, na na na na-na! That version on Still Life is pretty cool.

I think this video is cool because they play songs like Hang Fire, Waiting on a Friend, She's SO Cold, Let Me Go........
11-04-02 02:52 AM
padre Do I remember wrong or did somebody say of that Brazilian LSTNT DVD that it runs slightly on wrong speed?
11-04-02 07:21 AM
Mathijs Both the VHS and original motion picture I have seen were sped up in the studio, in order to make the songs more alive and give them some more energy. The key's of the songs have shifted about half a step. The DVD I have, released in Brazil, is exactly the same as the VHS, but has far better picture and sound.

Mathijs
11-04-02 08:27 AM
Maxlugar I don't belive that at all. Every boot I have of those tours has them playing with the same energy and speed as the official LSNT release. Parts of Still Life sound a little sped up though.

M!

11-04-02 01:36 PM
padre Speeding up the audiotape is simple, but if a motion picture is sped up, they'd have to think it it before they shoot one single frame. The film cameras had to be rolling for example 10% slower for the result to sound and look 10% faster. I doubt a lot that they would've taken the risk and shot all the footage in varied speed. They musta have thought beforehand that "we're gonna play these songs too slow, so lower the speed of your filmcameras". Hmmm...