ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Wiltern Theater, Los Angeles, CA November 4, 2002
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Review, setlist and pix from Edison Field Return to archive
11-03-02 04:29 AM
beer From Stonesdoug as usual.....

1. Brown Sugar
2. IORR
3 Start Me Up
4. Don't Stop
5. All Down The Line
6. Sweet Virginia
7. Angie
8. YCAGWYW
9. Midnight Rambler
10. Tumbling Dice
Intros
11. The Worst
12.Happy

13.Sympathy for the Devil

B Stage
14.When The Whip Comes Down
15. Little Red Rooster
16. Like A Rolling Stone

Main Stage
17. Gimme Shelter
18. Honky Tonk Woman
19. Street Fighting Man
20. Jumping Jack Flash

Encore
21. You Got Me Rocking
23. Satisfaction

11-03-02 05:04 AM
Gazza Just got back from Anaheim - have to say that for once, this stadium show was even better than the arena show. Personally, the best stadium show I've seen the Stones play of the 7 I've seen since 1995.

without exception they played like men possessed - must have been the aftermath of Hallowe'en or something. The most refreshing thing about this tour for me is Woody playing like most people thought him incapable of doing so ever again. Tonight he was awesome yet again.

Sweet Virginia was the first of a few surprises tonight (huge cheer for the 'thank you for your wine,California..' line). YCAGWYW would have been a showstopper on it's own, only for the fact that they immediately followed it with the dirtiest,nastiest 'Midnight Rambler' imaginable. Keith played 'The worst' like it was a personal dedication,following it by quipping 'Dont say I didnt warn ya!' and then blew the place apart with an incendiary-style version of 'Happy' which whilst it didnt quite match Tokyo'90 for the definitive live performance, certainly invited it outside for a serious argument.

On 'Sympathy' they were joined onstage by an unannounced black percussionist attired in African robes and Sheryl The Peril followed Mick around for Honky tonk Women. Lots of interplay and mugging between them, with her aping some of his Mick moves, until he went up to her and pulled his shirt up exposing his tits, daring her to follow his lead... she didnt copy him any more after that!

Final surprise of the evening was in the encores. I was simply expecting 'Satisfaction' as a finale, but they preceded it with 'You got me rocking'.....a weird choice as an encore I thought until Mick sang the line "I was a pitcher caught in a slump' at which point the video screen flashed onto a montage of footage of the Anaheim Angels winning the World Series which drove the locals nuts, naturally enough.

Bloody marvelllous little outfit these young chaps....
11-03-02 05:13 AM
beer
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Final surprise of the evening was in the encores. I was simply expecting 'Satisfaction' as a finale, but they preceded it with 'You got me rocking'.....a weird choice as an encore I thought until Mick sang the line "I was a pitcher caught in a slump' at which point the video screen flashed onto a montage of footage of the Anaheim Angels winning the World Series which drove the locals nuts, naturally enough.

Bloody marvelllous little outfit these young chaps....

It's great that they're putting so much thought into the setlists and doing things like that, too make some shows a little more personal for certain cities. When i see them in Tacoma on Wednesday, I hope they play "Turd on the run", cuz anyone who's ever driven through Tacoma knows it smells like shit!
11-03-02 06:21 AM
Annie415 Percussionist was Irwin "Carrot" Jarrett from Third World. Ran into him at Staples and he said he was playing Saturday. We misunderstood and thought the whole banc Third World might be opening before Sheryl.

Sheryl came out and sang with Mick on one song too.
11-03-02 09:56 AM
glencar It sounds much better than the Staples Arena show. What song did Sheryl sing on?
11-03-02 11:33 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl

11-03-02 01:33 PM
Moonisup Great pictures!! Thanks Geraldo!

fun is the word
11-03-02 02:06 PM
Honky Tonker Is that Mick's old Hyde Park dress that Ronnie is wearing?
11-03-02 02:58 PM
Gazza >Glencar wrote : what song did Sheryl sing on?

Honky Tonk Women - it's mentioned in my post above.
11-03-02 09:38 PM
BrianH Gazza is right on. An amazing stadium show!
11-03-02 10:30 PM
Flash77 <>

HAHAHA! Thanks for that laugh! I have never been to Tacoma but I will keep that in mind in case I find myself there. I will give the same warning for anybody going to Tucson, AZ. I hate going down there to see concerts.
11-04-02 12:10 AM
Child of the Moon
quote:
beer wrote:

It's great that they're putting so much thought into the setlists and doing things like that, too make some shows a little more personal for certain cities. When i see them in Tacoma on Wednesday, I hope they play "Turd on the run", cuz anyone who's ever driven through Tacoma knows it smells like shit!

I can just see it now... Mick stepping up to the mic... "Thank you, Tacoma... we love you, but you smell like something that came out of Ronnie's dog's ass... this is an old one, we've never done this one before... which CD is this from, Ronnie?... from Exile, called 'Turd on the Run'! Especially for you!" Wow, how fun that would be. :-)
11-04-02 01:58 PM
jb Steve Cronen Child of the Moon....