ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Wiltern Theater, Los Angeles, CA November 4, 2002
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Forty Licks Return to archive
11-02-02 11:34 PM
Toast960 I have a slight problem with Forty Licks. Granted it is a great compliation album but why wasn't "As Tears Go By" put on there? Wasn't it a top ten hit? I think that would count it as a greatest hit. I liked the new songs but I think they kept off a few vital tracks in Stones history. I think the four tracks should've been included on a bonus cd or kept in limbo until enough songs were written for a new album. I'm sure others have posted this subject before but I felt I needed to get this off my chest.
11-02-02 11:38 PM
tumblingdice Maybe but the 4 new ones were on the Virgin part of the set so even if left off, As Tears Go By would not have made it. I am sure we can all pick several we would have prefered on the set though. Overall you must admit, what other band has so many great songs that they could even pick 40 to put on it much less still have others that are deserving to be on it. Greatest Rock-N-Roll band in the world indeed!!!
11-02-02 11:50 PM
rogerriffin i missed...

bitch
as tears go by
one hit to the body
waiting on a friend
saint of me
2000 light years from home
come on
heart of stone
and other forty licks...
11-03-02 12:23 AM
quackenbush What about

Out of Control
Time is on My Side
Waiting on a Friend
Memory Motel
Saint of Me
Thru and Thru (just because)
Continental Drift
11-03-02 01:13 AM
Fiji Joe Gomper...anyone?
11-03-02 02:38 AM
sirmoonie I don't stop listening to Don't Stop.

Its between Beast of Burden and Happy. 40 Licks!

You would have to be a ballbag of epochalistical proportions to not like Don't Stop. A proverbial ballbag approaching veritable brazen hussydom if you don't like Don't Stop. And you can suck my dick too.
11-03-02 08:24 AM
gypsymofo60 I listened to it again in full with a couple of sherbets last night, brilliant! I was hesitant about it pre-release, but the sound is so good, and I actually really like 'Don't Stop'. Even if it was to be their final official release that'd be ok with me. Having said that, my one criticism of the set, apart from the dozens of songs that I really prefer, (but it is a hits/licks album), is the not so subtle editing, that's really irritating. Anyway I give it a ten in the compilation league, and a 7 in the overall league. Mind you! I was listening to Patti Smith's 'LAND' prior to 40 licks.