ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Wiltern Theater, Los Angeles, CA November 4, 2002
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Best Larger? Return to archive Page: 1 2
11-02-02 07:12 PM
Honky Tonk Man Been outy drinking!

Best larger? After going through a Heineken phase, decided best larger is now the Aussie drink Fosters!! Washed down a good few of those along with a few vodka and cokes. Goes down nicely!!

Im not that fucked because my spellinmg is good!!!!!!

fuck yeah, fuck yeah

fuck yup

space for the papa

i love maxlugar. in the non sexual sense!!!!!!!

Alex, kinf of fuck and glory

Alex

11-02-02 08:28 PM
stonedinaustralia alex - how's the head??

it may not be as accesible as fosters but if you want to a know a really good australian lager try and get your laughing gear around some "cascade premium larger"

it's brewed in tasmania where the water would have to be some of the cleanest in the world - and the cleaner the water the more you can taste the beer if you know what i mean - it's delicious

and it weighs in at 5.2%, so it's a reasonably heavy hitter in that regard as well

btw, wtf is up with those beers that have alcohol contents well over 10% - i mean, i like beer but that just doesn't make any sense to me and things make even less sense after you've had a few of them
11-02-02 10:40 PM
Maxlugar "Best larger?"

I'm not sure about the answer to ther one, Alex.....

But if you were to ask me this:

"What is the funniest thing you've seen recently, Maxy"

Well, then I WOULD know the answer.

Alex, the funniest thing I have seen in a long, LONG!, time is a series of photos found only in the great Bill "The Little Hands That Could" Wyman's new book; Rolling With the Stones.

This series of photos shows a pissed off Mick Jagger circa 1978 accosting some scumbag hack photographer. Only he loses and winds up on the ground looking incredibly feeble.

Whoa ho ho ho ho!!!!!!

God damn Bill Wyman! You got the goods in that friggin' book of yours!

MAXY! (The Crispy Creature!)

11-03-02 06:52 AM
stonedinaustralia an idea!!

MAX LARGER

when you really need a drink, ronnie

5.55% (and counting)
11-03-02 06:58 AM
padre I dunno about lagers but I was in northern England last spring and I bought a six pack of STONES BITTER! It wasn't that excellent, but it sure was nice to DRINK Stones! I mean I've dug them, heard them, threw them and God knows what else, but never drank them.
11-03-02 07:00 AM
beer "Stones Bitter"! I think that's what Mick Taylor drinks!

What was I thinkin- Mick T.
11-03-02 07:11 AM
padre That's a good one! Maybe they should hire Mick T. to advertise the beer!
11-03-02 07:15 AM
stonedinaustralia yes beer - good beer joke - beer yes
11-03-02 07:59 AM
gypsymofo60 Best beer? Carlsberg! Fosters on tap in England is shite! Brewed in Newcastle(UK), flat to suit English tastes. I could only drink bottled beer in Britain, VICTORIA BITTER yum! Where's this 10% alcohol brew? I'll take a slab! And Stones, (the drink), isn't beer, it's a wine based concoction, that tastes just slightly better than dingoes piss when the poor animal has a urinary tract infection.
11-03-02 08:15 AM
beer
quote:
gypsymofo60 wrote:
Best beer? Carlsberg! Fosters on tap in England is shite! Brewed in Newcastle(UK), flat to suit English tastes. I could only drink bottled beer in Britain, VICTORIA BITTER yum! Where's this 10% alcohol brew? I'll take a slab! And Stones, (the drink), isn't beer, it's a wine based concoction, that tastes just slightly better than dingoes piss when the poor animal has a urinary tract infection.

I too want to know where the 10% brew is. Ya see, I drink the awful beer that is 8.0% and tastes like shite.Well, It's called Malt liquor, here. I have friends in Melbourne, AUSTRALIA, and I knew that no Aussie would touch Fosters, but VB is popular.
Drink on, friends.
11-03-02 08:28 AM
fmk438j
quote:
beer wrote:
I have friends in Melbourne, AUSTRALIA, and I knew that no Aussie would touch Fosters, but VB is popular.
Drink on, friends.

Yes, I know of no-one who drinks Fosters. Not a single soul.

VB is it. Although I was only a fan after being forced to turn to it after a 'horendous' (yes, more than spew) night on my old beer. I haven't looked back since.

It's one of those beers people either love or hate.

The motto is 'For a hard earned thirst'

11-03-02 08:29 AM
padre
quote:
gypsymofo60 wrote:
And Stones, (the drink), isn't beer, it's a wine based concoction, that tastes just slightly better than dingoes piss when the poor animal has a urinary tract infection.

Well, the English sure have strange wines then. They sell the wines in 440ml orange tin cans that say
STONES BITTER -pure Yorkshire- Brewed in the U.K. Bass Brewers Ltd. ALC. 3.7%. And it sure tasted a lot like beer...
11-03-02 08:40 AM
Moonisup hahahMaxy I wich photo you mean ahhahaaha

he's walking with Jerry and bam he's on the steps, haahhah every time I see the pic, I start laughing, Make it a header!

ALEX? a hangover now?

heheheh
11-03-02 09:01 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
padre wrote:

Well, the English sure have strange wines then. They sell the wines in 440ml orange tin cans that say
STONES BITTER -pure Yorkshire- Brewed in the U.K. Bass Brewers Ltd. ALC. 3.7%. And it sure tasted a lot like beer...

Padre, Apologies if some new product has hit the market, but the only 'STONES' drink I ever knew was 'STONES' green ginger wine, which came in a green bottle with a black label. If you've ever seen Jethro Tulls 'Aqualung' LP cover you'll get an idea of who the drink was aimed at, it had , shall we say a very limited market. I am English! And yes! THEY_ have very strange tastes, then again AUSSIES eat something called VEGEMITE, which looks like the bottom of Ronnie's ash-tray, and tastes like Keith's socks.
11-03-02 09:08 AM
Honky Tonk Man Today i feel sad. No hangover, i just feel sad

Alex
11-03-02 09:14 AM
Moonisup where it the girls alex??

the most difficult things in the world

"she smiled sweetly"
11-03-02 11:05 AM
padre Just a check if my new avatar works...
11-03-02 11:37 AM
fmk438j
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Today i feel sad. No hangover, i just feel sad

check this out for a cheer up.

http://www.totalcress.co.uk/stellastreet/index.htm

especially the quotes.

There's some deep philosphy goes when you're drunk.
My philosophy on 'stuff' is you pay for everything. And conversely, for all pain there is payment. I guess that's just karma, but in a more literal sense maybe.
11-03-02 11:38 AM
padre dammit. Another try.
11-03-02 11:42 AM
padre And another...
11-03-02 11:45 AM
Moonisup ain't working padre!
11-03-02 11:53 AM
padre I am goddamn aware of that!! God, I hate this!!! The next thing I'll do with this machine is the same that Keef did to hotel TV's in the 70's!!! I don't know watta hell I'm doing wrong here?
11-03-02 11:56 AM
fmk438j It would be good to find a jpg of a blank box with a little white square in the left corner that has a red cross in it, and use that as your avatar.

ahh, it's too late and my head is in pain.

Hank Zootermelk

11-03-02 12:03 PM
Moonisup yeah I love your avatar this way!!! We all know it's you now!!!

RIK

Keith says:
FUNFUNFUNFUNFUCKFUNFUNFUCKFUNFUCKFUNFUN

:
11-03-02 12:09 PM
padre Yeah, baby! Is that all you've got? Give it to me!
I'm starting to like this classy new avatar of mine. Maybe I'll print a t-shirt with that logo.
Does the logo have to be in .gif format or will .jpg do the trick?
11-03-02 12:17 PM
Moonisup I think the pic you want is protected so you can't use it!!! Well I stole my from, hmmmm I don't know, and they stole mine for a header ehehhe, I don't mind
:o

[Edited by Moonisup]
11-03-02 12:19 PM
padre I don't think so. I think it's the evil forces that are against me now. Even Keith started laughing at me in the header photo.
11-03-02 12:21 PM
Moonisup haahahaha I don't laugh ore make fun of your very cool avatar

It's a beatleconspiracy o)
[Edited by Moonisup]
11-03-02 12:26 PM
Honky Tonk Man HA HA!

Thanks for the link fmk438j!

That programme is great!

Alex
11-03-02 12:34 PM
padre I give up. I hate avatars.
Page: 1 2