ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Wiltern Theater, Los Angeles, CA November 4, 2002
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: It's Saturday Morning ......................... Return to archive
11-02-02 01:30 PM
Joey ............and Joey's head is swimming .

Joey was out late last night ...........out to see none other than Denver Recording artist " Nina Storey " at the " MusicBox Club " !!!!!!

Why ????????????

Because Joey loves the Blues , that is why , and man can this woman belt out the tunes ................outstanding . Tack on eight Heinekens and three Bombay Sapphire Martinis throughout the evening and you are beginning to get the picture .

So here it is Saturday morning and your young Joey is nursing a serious hangover . We have just arrived at P . F . Changs to have a little lunch before heading off to Lincoln , NE to see the Huskers play Texas this evening . Unfortunately , my girlfriend forgot to call the restaurant ahead of time to place our name on the " Preferred List " ( Christ the games one has to play these days ) , so now we must wait thirty minutes to get seated .

No problem , I have propped myself up at the bar , pulled out my laptop and have begun to think of the recent week of Stones posting ................I think of Josh and his beautiful Persian Lineage , Scopey joining the Rock's Off Kinkily Coat Mafia and Steve for his excellent eye that catches everything that goes on in this Stonesian orbit of ours . I think of Maxy and his misguided love of Jeff Beck . I think of Sugar Blue's amazing Howard Carter - like find of that great link ( www.ijamming.net )that says all that I have been thinking privately about Beck and why the guy is and always has been his own worst enemy .

I think of Steelie's shy bladder , Nanky's D.C. connections , Moonie's knack for embellishing a hilarious situation and taking it to the next level , and 2000 Man's decision to host another summit next summer and smile . Why ?????? Because it is the pure joy that I experience that keeps your young Joey coming back to this board. God I love you all . We have gone over all of the Stones topics numerous times but it is the unbelievable humor that keeps me coming back ............... Guys , whatever you do , don't grow old gracefully , it wouldn't suit you .

" My Aragon Boot is on deck for the road trip today Ronnie "

The Joey {{{{ Kunta Joe }}}}

Slave to the Stones

11-02-02 02:03 PM
Moonisup it's here 20.02 in the evening
11-02-02 02:18 PM
gypsy Joey, good luck to your Huskers against the Longhorns today! I hope my Sooners beat Colorado today!
11-02-02 03:09 PM
steel driving hammer God Joey you sure have a good way w/ words.

Sooners haven't even played yet and they already won.

Joey how come you didn't take 2 asprin before you went to bed?

I had 7 Amstel Lights and 2 shots of Tequilia and still feel like a Wino w/ a Boner!

11-02-02 03:42 PM
sirmoonie That was very nice, Joey, although some of it looks suspiciously familiar....

Remember when you, me and Steelie were smoking that skunk weed behind 2000 Man's boathouse? All of a sudden Steelie goes "Watch what I can do with this bottle." We just stood there like zombies as he writhed on the ground, and then we turned to each other and said at the same time "We must return to the fire and warn the others." So we ran back, but by the time we got there, we had dope-neck so bad, we couldn't even speak!
11-02-02 03:51 PM
nankerphelge Well now it's almost Saturday nite! And time to shake the cobwebs outta that Joey noggin and get back to what's important -- crafting the buzz.

Tonight I will be hosting a buzz-craft clinic here in DC.

For the great chiba drought of October 2002 is over and I must celebrate. Tonite is margarita nite -- I will be thinking of all my RO brothers and sisters tonite wondering if they are having as much fun as I. At 8:00 pm EST, I shall raise my marg into the air and toast all you fine people and wish you many a sheep filled nite.

I hope to report back later...

11-02-02 05:56 PM
Child of the Moon Joey, my post I made in Gasland still stands - no mattre from whom you steal posts, I still love ya.

"The Who blew us off the stage on '68, Ronnie!"

"Good thing for me - I wasn't even there yet!"
11-02-02 07:26 PM
Honky Tonk Man Its a Sultry Sunday morning!!!!!!!!!!

What that all about.

Everyone here is so Square1!! Baby i dont care

Jailhouse rock!!!!!!!

Honky Tonk, fucking woman dude, sober man
11-02-02 07:39 PM
gypsy Well, the Sooners just won! So, it's the Huskers' turn now, Joey!
11-02-02 09:56 PM
Boomhauer Hey Joey (Skittles),

I thought you were going to say:

"It's Saturday Morning.........................'

and

you can see me at the pub
and I'm pissing away me money and I can't stand up
Cab fare, pop? You look silly in the road
Get in everybody, where the boys all go!

Speaking of college football, I can hear all of the Notre Dame and Tyrone Willingham "fans" jumping off the bandwagon now!

-------------------------------
*Thump*
*Chuu*
*Whapp*
*Thump-thump-thump*

*Fart*
------------------------------

[Edited by Boomhauer]
[Edited by Boomhauer]
11-02-02 10:31 PM
Maxlugar "God Joey you sure have a good way w/ words."

Only when they're 73.2% mine.

YES!

"I'm a scumbag hack poster from Nebraska, Ronnie!"

11-02-02 11:20 PM
Fiji Joe Is that the P.F. Changs in KC Joey?...never cared too much for that place...they ruin perfectly good Chinese food...as for them Huskers...ouch...What was Solich thinking letting Lord throw on that last play?

You see what K-State has waiting for your boys...maybe I'll see you there...I'll be wearing purple
11-02-02 11:30 PM
stonedinaustralia feej

hilariously fantastic

you are certainly setting a cracking pace - how long can you keep it up?

how's rickles?? - not put out because he's lost his spot i hope

11-03-02 04:11 PM
Joey " Only when they're 73.2% mine. "

You make Joey say .................huh ?????????????

" I hate Texas Ronnie "

Skittles Joe