ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Wiltern Theater, Los Angeles, CA November 4, 2002
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Gimme shelter with Keith vocals Return to archive
11-02-02 11:47 AM
Francky Hello all

All Stones collectors have the version of "gimme shelter"
with Keith on vocals but do you really know where this
track was taped ?

Some sources say Olympic Studios feb/march 1969 but
others says Sunset or Electra Studios oct 1969...

So who's right and who's wrong ?

Thanks for answer
Francky

11-02-02 11:54 AM
SirMuddy My top reference is stil Nico

http://www.nzentgraf.de/

11-02-02 04:55 PM
justinkurian How's the version of 'You Got the Silver' with Mick on lead vocals?
11-02-02 05:39 PM
beer It's alright, but I like the Keith version of "You got the silver" way better.
I wish there were 2 versions of every Stones song.One with Mick on lead vocals and one with Keith on lead vocals.
I think there is something like that on a boot called Voodoo Brew or Stew but I've never heard them.
11-02-02 05:57 PM
sasca Mmm. That�s the down-side of having such a strong lead vocalist as Mick - you don�t get to hear the others enough. Not only Keith - I like Bill's expressively inexpressive voice while Brian sounds like a cross between Lennon, Dylan and Little Lord Fauntleroy.
[Edited by sasca]
11-02-02 06:35 PM
beer What all did Brian sing on? Isn't that him singing along on "Walkin the dog"? The voice that kinda sounds like Cheech from Cheech and Chong?
11-02-02 06:43 PM
sasca Yeah, he sang backing vocals on the first album and on a couple of occasions after that ('It's Not Easy' for one). He is also said to have sung lead on an unreleased, self-penned song called 'Sure I Do', recorded in November '63.
11-03-02 12:29 AM
quackenbush Bill has a crap voice. His solo albums, pre-Rhythm Kings because I haven't heard it yet, are sub crap.
11-04-02 11:41 AM
Street Fighting Man I wouldn't say Bill has ever demonstrated lead singer qualities with his voice, but his lead on "In Another Land" was pretty cool. I mean if nothing else, it's a nice piece of Stones trivia.