ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Wiltern Theater, Los Angeles, CA November 4, 2002
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Where to order Stones books in Europe? Return to archive
11-02-02 11:37 AM
padre What's the best place to odrer all these great new Stones books? I almost tried Amazon, but the postage to Europe for 2 books is 12 bucks! The prices of the books I'm interested are reasonable, though:
Rolling with the Stones for $35
20X40 for $20
But the postage is really a bitch! Should I get them from there or do you guys have better suggestions?
11-02-02 03:34 PM
stonesmik Try www.amazon.de

If you order for more than 20 Euro there is no postage fee. In general www.amazon.de has slightly cheaper prices and better conditions than www.amazon.com but sometimes they don't have the same offers. Compare the prices.
11-03-02 04:14 AM
padre Thanks for the tip.
I checked the prices and yes, it seems that the German Amazon does not have the same discounts: 40X20 was 32 euros and RWTS 51 euros. So, the American site is still winning...
Anybody else have other suggestions?
11-03-02 05:40 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat YeaH, check out www.bol.com of www.amazon.co.uk
11-03-02 06:27 AM
padre While checking out the UK site of Amazon, I saw they've got a book called
Mandy Smith: It's All Over Now: Seduced at 13, Married at 19, Divorced at 21 - My Life with the Rolling Stones

Whooa! Why isn't it called Rolling With The Stone? Anybody read this one?
11-03-02 06:49 AM
padre The postages on those European Amazons are cheaper. It seems that the markets on the American site are so huge that they can give such discounts on the books, that they're still the winner!
It's educating to do this comparing. Thanks again for all the useful hints.
11-04-02 06:03 AM
luis
quote:
padre wrote:
What's the best place to odrer all these great new Stones books? I almost tried Amazon, but the postage to Europe for 2 books is 12 bucks! The prices of the books I'm interested are reasonable, though:
Rolling with the Stones for $35
20X40 for $20
But the postage is really a bitch! Should I get them from there or do you guys have better suggestions?

11-04-02 06:10 AM
luis Dear friend,
if interested I have many out of stock stones 70�s+80�s books and magazines(most of them extinc)full list is available at www.geocities.com/riverstattoo

e-mail me privately [email protected]
11-04-02 06:11 AM
luis Dear friend,
if interested I have many out of stock stones 70�s+80�s books and magazines(most of them extinc)full list is available at www.geocities.com/riverstattoo

e-mail me privately [email protected]