ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Wiltern Theater, Los Angeles, CA November 4, 2002
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Best performance so far Return to archive
11-01-02 03:37 PM
Stray Cat Has anyone got a favourite performance/gig from the 1st few gigs of the tour - either from actually been there or from available downloads ?

My favourite gig is Roseland- brilliant setlist/performance

That's How Strong My Love Is........WOW!!!!!!!!

This will probably change many,many times
11-01-02 06:46 PM
SirMuddy Smoking a spicey cigarette on the Tower...
Yep I know I repeat myself...
But the Tower is still the best performance for me...
It's LOVE YOU LIVE II
#2 Roseland, That's how strong it is!
#3 Aragon Dance, Worried about you
#4 Orpheum Paracgute woman
#5 Palais Royale... Can't turn loose
#6 MSG Thru & thru
11-01-02 06:52 PM
Martha Actually been there: Detroit 10/12/02 CYHMK
11-01-02 07:13 PM
Street Fighting Man Giant Stadium 9/28 - "Hot Rocks" set that rocked!
11-01-02 10:30 PM
parmeda While all of these songs listed above have been favorites for most of us and we've anticipated hearing them...

LOVE TRAIN is kinda standing there alone. It's a song that most of us never would have thought of making a tour set list. We all poked fun at it when we found out it was being rehearsed this past summer. And boy, did they fool us.

So yeah, a good performance? I'm going to remember LOVE TRAIN as being one of the 'stand outs' amongst the war horses.
11-01-02 10:36 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
SirMuddy wrote:
Smoking a spicey cigarette on the Tower...
Yep I know I repeat myself...
But the Tower is still the best performance for me...
It's LOVE YOU LIVE II
#2 Roseland, That's how strong it is!
#3 Aragon Dance, Worried about you
#4 Orpheum Paracgute woman
#5 Palais Royale... Can't turn loose
#6 MSG Thru & thru

Jesus Christ I cannot wait for my Tower show! HURRY UP MAIL!

I love that version of Parachute Woman from the Orpheum. They absolutely nail it -- all the right words and all the right guitars.

And if the Aragon "Dance" beats the Orpheum "Dance" then I wanna hear that, too because the Orpheum "Dance" is fantastic.

I want to hear the First Union show again because I suspect that was something pretty special.

And would like to revisit the Columbus show if only to hear Jagger's harmonica again. He was on fire with the harp that night.
11-02-02 07:47 AM
steel driving hammer For me it was the Aragon and Comisky.

Thought I died and gone to Heaven.

Thank ye Jesus, thank ye Loaed.
11-02-02 10:29 AM
gibb76 It has to be Hartford. Keith at home is always the best. Let it Bleed set. Unreal. Does anyone have a boot of that show. I can't find it.
11-02-02 10:48 AM
Moonisup I think Roseland. They had 5 new songs in the setlist!!!

Rik
11-02-02 11:10 AM
sirmoonie Loving Cup and Rocks Off from MSG.

Dance, Hand of Fate, and Go-Go from Roseland.

Can't You Hear Me Knocking anywhere, anytime, whether I'm there or not, Ronnie.
11-02-02 11:12 AM
Stray Cat Great choices,although the Aragon and Palais Royale recordings suffer from the bootleg curse.....Low volume KEITH!!!!
11-02-02 12:00 PM
torn&frayed So far I've seen Tower, MSG, GS, Roseland & Hartford - it's funny cause if I'd have rated these shows before seeing them based upon my expectations I'd have have chosen

1. Roseland
2. MSG
3. Tower
4. Giants Stadium
5. Hartford

Although each show had its own particular charm and I thoroughly enjoyed all of them I'd have to say that strictly in terms of the musical performances the list would look like this:

1. Hartford (Sound was excellent and the band simply rocked non-stop from beginning to end - Let It Bleed Set, Phenomenal sound on the B-Stage & Midnight Rambler encore combined to push this one over the top for me)

2. Giants Stadium (Again excellent sound overall for a stadium and the band's energy level simply blew me away. Lousy sound on the B-Stage but Keith was absolutely on fire for the entire performance and that made the show for me.)

3. Roseland (Definitely the best and most interesting set list of the tour and a show I'll never forget but I felt both the band's performance and the sound quality were a bit spotty throughout the first half of the show and the venue was extremely uncomfortable - Sweet Virginia, THSMLI, and the "Blues" theme set were the highlights for me and I believe this show definitely came the closest to fulfilling the potential of the tour's "club date" objectives.)

4. Tower (My favorite venue of the group and phenomenal atmosphere but I wasn't wild about the set list overall and thought that the show was a bit too short and predictable for a club gig- Hot Stuff & Heart Of Stone however were standouts w/ memorable arrangements and since it was my first stop on the Licks tour it really didn't matter what they played or for how long - just seeing them again in a place like the Tower made for an incredible experience.

5. MSG (My only real disappointment of the shows I've seen thusfar, having seen almost every MSG stop since 1972 I had pretty high expectations coming in since they usually blow this place away - Overall, I thought the band seemed a bit nervous and stiff that night and for whatever reason the set never really seemed to gel for me - I felt like the band was trying to play it safe and IMHO this was probably the worst MSG Stones show I've seen although far better than many other shows I've seen at the Garden. (Highlight was getting to meet Jack Nicholson who was sitting directly above us!)
11-03-02 01:26 AM
Half Nanker The Aragon!!!!!!!!!!!
2 exclusives. So far!.. I'm sure the Wiltern show will offer up some bragging rights as well!

11-03-02 05:39 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
parmeda wrote:
We all poked fun at it (love train) when we found out it was being rehearsed this past summer. And boy, did they fool us.

well no pam

not all of us

for me - and i suspect there are others - i was only ever glad to hear of it and i (we) always thought they could pull it off

they are, after all, the rolling stones - you would almost expect no less

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
11-03-02 06:57 AM
beer I just got the Aragon and Orpheum boots and I must say, I am fuckin impressed! Mick sounds great, and the band is really rockin. I cannot wait to witness this show.....

Gimme a Goats Head Soup theme night

Or an Aftermath Theme night

Or a Tattoo You Theme Night

Or Beggars Banquet!