ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In memory of Art Wood
Cabbage Patch, Twickenham April 2005
© Paulywaul
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rolling Stones soak rich people Return to archive
1st November 2006 01:49 PM
Ten Thousand Motels The old Rolling Stones soak rich people
Nov 1, 2006, 11:50 GMT
Monsters & Critics

The Rolling Stones charge an astonishing £4 million for a private show - making them the most expensive music act per performance ever.

Oil barons and international millionaire businessmen are willing to fork out whopping fees to have their favourite performers entertain them and the ageing rockers are cashing in on the market.

In 2002, Texan billionaire David Bonderman paid for the Stones - Sir Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood and Charlie Watts - to help him celebrate his 60th birthday.

The Eagles come a close second in the price per performance stakes charging £3.75 million.

The band started promoting their services for private shows after reforming for their 'Hell Freezes Over' comeback tour and realising their fans had not just grown older, but also richer.

Canadian singer Celine Dion can demand a staggering £3.3 million for a private show and Sir Elton John asked one British multi-millionaire to pay him £1 million to play at his wedding reception.

But not all music acts offer value for money. One Russian billionaire once paid £1.8 million to hear Christina Aguilera perform just three songs at his wedding. He also paid an extra £600,000 for Whitney Houston to follow her on stage.

Further down the scale, Beyoncé Knowles offers her services for just £650,000, and Aerosmith will entertain you for a mere £550,000.

(C) BANG Media International
1st November 2006 01:54 PM
jb They can't even fill up a theater anymore, so why not use this as another way to generate income.
1st November 2006 02:12 PM
TampabayStone Hey JB,

Can I borrow £650,000, I would love to have Beyoncé over for my next b-day. I think it's well worth the money and I am good for it.

-Tele
1st November 2006 04:05 PM
gimmekeef When you look at what those other no talent assclowns are charging...The Stones should take a price increase!
1st November 2006 04:34 PM
WJ Is the entire £4 million refundable when they cancel at the last minute?
1st November 2006 04:39 PM
glencar NO.
1st November 2006 04:40 PM
pdog One day the millionaires will have their own $100k membership fan club, with pre-sales and special shirts!
1st November 2006 07:03 PM
Ten Thousand Motels I wouldn't pay Celine Dion for a lap dance.
1st November 2006 07:05 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
I wouldn't pay Celine Dion for a lap dance.

Geez..I would hope no one else would either!
1st November 2006 07:11 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Geez..I would hope no one else would either!

LOL. Well I might in a pinch, if I was drunk. But like I posted before...in all honesty I've never been all that particular. You gotta get yer kicks while you can.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
1st November 2006 07:22 PM
M.O.W.A.T.
quote:
I wouldn't pay Celine Dion for a lap dance.

Well, her shows do take place in the lap dance capital of the States (the lap dance capital of the World would be Montreal!)
1st November 2006 07:35 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
M.O.W.A.T. wrote:

Well, her shows do take place in the lap dance capital of the States (the lap dance capital of the World would be Montreal!)

Is that so? I've always wanted to visit Montreal. But I've also been told that Quebec City is a gem not to be missed.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
1st November 2006 07:39 PM
gimmekeef
quote:

Is that so? I've always wanted to visit Montreal. But I've also been told that Quebec City is a gem not to be missed.

QC takes the art of lap dancing to a new lower level...
1st November 2006 07:51 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
M.O.W.A.T. wrote:

Providence is the lap dance capital

http://www.thefoxylady.net/

not to mention the Cadillac Lounge, Cheaters, et.al.....

[Edited by lotsajizz]
1st November 2006 07:56 PM
Nellcote Jesus Jizzy, you gotta go and let the "cat" out of the bag, now we'll get invaded! Twas a sad day when Mario's closed...
1st November 2006 08:22 PM
M.O.W.A.T. http://hotornot.stripclubdancers.com/
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)