ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In memory of Art Wood
Cabbage Patch, Twickenham April 2005
© Paulywaul
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Back home. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
1st November 2006 12:47 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
jb wrote:

I forgot to cancel my suite at the Chicago Four Seasons and they billed my credit card $850!!! I booked it in August, and forgot to cancel it before the Oct 11th show!!! When I called, they agreed to reduce it to $400!! I cannot beleive I fucked up like that-like missing the SOL!!!!

[Edited by jb]

That's ridiculous - hotel should have called you when you no-showed and rented the room out. You should have told them you spend a lot of money on their hotels and don't like being screwed out of hard earned $$$$$.
1st November 2006 12:51 PM
jb
quote:
parmeda wrote:
Josh, my friend...you could write a book and it would become a best seller, lol

With your continued rantings over ticket sales, venues being 'wide open', an over abundance of 'humiliations', your 'meet & greet' lists, the exquisite itineraries of your travels...you can't do anything less than laugh at it all. True, it's unfortunate that shows were cancelled/postponed; forcing many to scurry around with their plans (our Euro friends included!). I'm glad you seem somewhat satisfied 'cause we know there's no use in crying - and it's been a pleasure to take a back seat throughout your adventures

Hello my dearest Pam!!! I am sure that we will meet down the road. Maybe next spring training? Actually, the Misses wants to return to Chicago for vacation, so it looks promising!!! I laughed when I got the $850 bill from the Chicago Four Seasons, as it seems Chicago was costly to many!!!! Stay well and all the best!!!-JB.
1st November 2006 12:53 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:
JB, I am also disappointed I never got to meet you on this tour. Hit me up if you are ever in L.A.

Thanks Dan!!! I bet you never thought you would be posting boxscores on Rolling Stones message boards!!!lol!! I am happy I had some "influence" on you!!! Take care-JB
1st November 2006 12:54 PM
jb
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

That's ridiculous - hotel should have called you when you no-showed and rented the room out. You should have told them you spend a lot of money on their hotels and don't like being screwed out of hard earned $$$$$.

I went through that routinue and they claim they did call my office!!! I also pointed out how often I stayed at the 4 Seasons-the manager agreed to reduce it to $400 and I just chalked it up to stupidity....life goes on.
1st November 2006 01:04 PM
parmeda
quote:
jb wrote:

Hello my dearest Pam!!! I am sure that we will meet down the road. Maybe next spring training? Actually, the Misses wants to return to Chicago for vacation, so it looks promising!!! I laughed when I got the $850 bill from the Chicago Four Seasons, as it seems Chicago was costly to many!!!! Stay well and all the best!!!-JB.

Oh, you know we will! And it may be sooner than you think - I'm working on Super Bowl tickets, babe! However, you and the Misses would be most welcomed...but please - COME WHEN IT'S WARM!

So, you dirty rat...YOU DID have reservations at the 4S's

Your loss of $850 is what you get for not coming, lol
1st November 2006 01:05 PM
LadyJane Joshy...
I just gots to know.

Did you get a suit or two at Bergdoff???

LJ.
1st November 2006 01:08 PM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Joshy...
I just gots to know.

Did you get a suit or two at Bergdoff???

LJ.

Yes...I bought a $2400 dollar navy blue Armani suit. They took the measurements and after the alterations, will ship it FOB to my house. By the way, you should go to the lady's Bergdorf across the street as they have amazing clothing and incredible jewelry!!!! It is worth just stopping by to take a look!!!
1st November 2006 01:09 PM
jb
quote:
parmeda wrote:

Oh, you know we will! And it may be sooner than you think - I'm working on Super Bowl tickets, babe! However, you and the Misses would be most welcomed...but please - COME WHEN IT'S WARM!

So, you dirty rat...YOU DID have reservations at the 4S's

Your loss of $850 is what you get for not coming, lol

That's howe I felt...."Rough Justice", no?
1st November 2006 01:19 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
jb wrote:

Yes...I bought a $2400 dollar navy blue Armani suit. They took the measurements and after the alterations, will ship it FOB to my house. By the way, you should go to the lady's Bergdorf across the street as they have amazing clothing and incredible jewelry!!!! It is worth just stopping by to take a look!!!

You must model this Armani for us some day. I want to be blinded by your sartorial splendour! Bergdorf's is the shizznit!

1st November 2006 01:23 PM
jb
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

You must model this Armani for us some day. I want to be blinded by your sartorial splendour! Bergdorf's is the shizznit!

New York is simply the best of the best....I have talked to my wife about buying a place in the city....I need a few more good years, and it is a real possibility.
1st November 2006 01:25 PM
lotsajizz NYC .... evil, bad, too cold

Miami will be for me when I retire...some 66th floor condo over the ocean....

we're going in opposite directions counsellor
1st November 2006 01:31 PM
jb
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
NYC .... evil, bad, too cold

Miami will be for me when I retire...some 66th floor condo over the ocean....

we're going in opposite directions counsellor

I plan on staying here forever...just would like to own a place in the city for vacation. Florida is a year round paradise with , arguably, the hottest woman in the US!!!
1st November 2006 01:55 PM
lotsajizz how can Coker live with himself?

why does the UM trusteeship live with him?

1st November 2006 01:58 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:

Thanks Dan!!! I bet you never thought you would be posting boxscores on Rolling Stones message boards!!!lol!! I am happy I had some "influence" on you!!! Take care-JB

I didn't even know if you read those! If you decide you want to hit the LA show, I can offer you a mattress on the floor at the Palace Of Filth Spa And Resort in Burbank. For a distinguished guest such as yourself, Aerosmith would be removed from the CD changer. An for an additional $100 entry fee you will placed in a raffle to win a chance to be invited to Thanksgiving dinner at my mom's the next day. That's the cool side of the family so it will be thee party of the year.
1st November 2006 01:58 PM
jb
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
how can Coker live with himself?

why does the UM trusteeship live with him?

He and fat Paul Dees will, god willing, both be gone next year. We are losing to teams we use to beat by 40 points...it is a disgrace.
1st November 2006 01:59 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

I didn't even know if you read those! If you decide you want to hit the LA show, I can offer you a mattress on the floor at the Palace Of Filth Spa And Resort in Burbank. For a distinguished guest such as yourself, Aerosmith would be removed from the CD changer. An for an additional $100 entry fee you will placed in a raffle to win a chance to be invited to Thanksgiving dinner at my mom's the next day. That's the cool side of the family so it will be thee party of the year.

I have a feeling LA will be cancelled!!!!
1st November 2006 02:01 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:

I have a feeling LA will be cancelled!!!!

Around here, it's not so much of a feeling as a prayer.
1st November 2006 02:01 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

Around here, it's not so much of a feeling as a prayer.

Funny!!!!- and true!!!
1st November 2006 04:03 PM
chevysales jb,

sorry you missed out on the show... but reading your post i see it's been dealt with.

hope you got my voice mail saturday morning... i had found out about ac when i pulled into bally's parking lot while pissed over the lack of show the dinner crowd more than made up for it to me.

i couldn't have spent the evening with a nicer group of fans, show or no show. a great dinner with great company!

me i am more bothered not that it's more than likely the end of the line for the stones tours but that i didn't meet all you people a few tours back (like around the time al gore invented the internet). the ride has been to short.

[Edited by chevysales]
1st November 2006 04:05 PM
Joey Nanky ?!

[Edited by Joey]
1st November 2006 04:07 PM
LadyJane
quote:
chevysales wrote:

me i am more bothered not that it's more than likely the end of the line for the stones tours but that i didn't meet all you people 30 years ago. the ride has been to short.

I think most of us feel the exact same way and have VOWED to keep getting together on a regular basis.

IF we learned nothing else in AC, we learned that you don't need a Stones show to have a great party.

LJ.
1st November 2006 04:09 PM
Joey " IF we learned nothing else in AC, we learned that you don't need a Stones show to have a great party. "

1st November 2006 04:13 PM
glencar We are a great group despite some minor controversies. One time we'll have to head up to BUF as the rooms will be cheap!
1st November 2006 04:13 PM
mojoman josh i'm glad you survived the mandarin oriental and the loews hotel. sorry to hear louisville might be your last show. if london happens next year i will be there, i will also carry full travel coverage(see lloyds of london). hopefully you will re-consider your retirement.
1st November 2006 04:14 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
We are a great group despite some minor controversies. One time we'll have to head up to BUF as the rooms will be cheap!

Nanky ?!

1st November 2006 04:15 PM
glencar
quote:
Joey wrote:
" IF we learned nothing else in AC, we learned that you don't need a Stones show to have a great party. "

LOL That picture does look a bit maniacal but you were missed just a bit. Why won't you leave that horrid state?
1st November 2006 04:16 PM
Joey
Nanky ?!

[Edited by Joey]
1st November 2006 04:21 PM
glencar
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Joshy, I did catch Coop at the HOB in AC from the front row center again so the weekend was not a total loss. There was a nice group a Stones fans up front with me. It is amazing how good a rock show can be when the guitars plugged in and played well, LOL!

Be sure to eat at the HOB and get the pass the line ticket if you ever go to a show there. Gets you in before the riff raff!

JJ, I know you've given up on them but the Beacon show the other night was better than anything AC could have ever done. I'm over my anger at the Stones & plan on a return to AC. As many here can attest, I'm slow to anger & quick to forgive.
1st November 2006 04:30 PM
Dan
quote:
glencar wrote:
JJ, I know you've given up on them but the Beacon show the other night was better than anything AC could have ever done. I'm over my anger at the Stones & plan on a return to AC. As many here can attest, I'm slow to anger & quick to forgive.

Having seen both the Stones and Alice Cooper in theatres, I am not so sure I would give the edge to the Stones right now.
1st November 2006 04:41 PM
pdog I could actually make the LA show now!
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)