ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In memory of Art Wood
Cabbage Patch, Twickenham April 2005
© Paulywaul
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: End of 2007 for the Scorsese movie in theatres Return to archive
1st November 2006 09:42 AM
Jeep Paramount rolls with Scorsese on Stones movie
Wed Nov 1, 2006 2:44am ET
By Anne Thompson

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=entertainmentNews&storyid=2006-11-01T074420Z_01_N01266053_RTRUKOC_0_US-STONES.xml&src=rss

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Paramount Pictures has bought North American rights to the Rolling Stones documentary that Martin Scorsese is currently shooting in New York.

The studio plans to release the as-yet-untitled film near the end of 2007.

Scorsese started filming Sunday during the Stones' performance at President Clinton's celebrity-packed birthday bash at the Beacon Theater, and will also film at the Manhattan venue Wednesday night.

The film will focus on the two concerts from the group's current "A Bigger Bang" tour as well as historical and contemporary behind-the-scenes footage and interviews. A recent concert in Austin, Texas, was also filmed.

Veteran documentary filmmaker Albert Maysles, who captured the Stones in the infamous 1970 movie "Gimme Shelter," also will provide backstage coverage.

Scorsese is on a roll. His Boston gangster film "The Departed" -- featuring two Stones songs -- has scored with critics and audiences. It is expected to be not only his highest-grossing film to date but also an Oscar contender.

He previously directed the acclaimed music documentaries -- 1978's "The Last Waltz," featuring the Band, and 2005's "No Direction Home: Bob Dylan."

The Stones film is being financed by Hollywood producer Steve Bing, a friend of the band's, and by Michael Cohl, the Stones' tour promoter since 1989.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

1st November 2006 11:06 AM
gimmekeef Well they have a full year then....for the public to forget this even happened....I smell right to HBO release...There was like 15 people in audience for Rio gig....For Scorcese maybe they get 30....for one night....
1st November 2006 06:49 PM
Soldatti They should release a DVD in December.
2nd November 2006 06:34 AM
corgi37 Yeah, they should.

Ladies and Gentlemen!
2nd November 2006 07:11 PM
Soldatti
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Yeah, they should.

Ladies and Gentlemen!

The have buckets of stuff to release.
3rd November 2006 06:27 AM
corgi37 So 1 more year to wait until i see Ted Danson dancing in the aisles.

"Dancing Ted Danson" - I like that!
3rd November 2006 06:29 AM
Gazza
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Well they have a full year then....for the public to forget this even happened....I smell right to HBO release...There was like 15 people in audience for Rio gig....For Scorcese maybe they get 30....for one night....

Yep. I cant see where they think a cinema audience for this is going to come from.
3rd November 2006 06:36 AM
FotiniD Well, it's supposed to be a documentary on the Stones, not just the Beacon shows, so I'm guessing it doesn't have to be close to the gig date.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)