ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In memory of Art Wood
Cabbage Patch, Twickenham April 2005
© Paulywaul
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Shine A Light: Scorsese & The Stones Return to archive
31st October 2006 02:08 PM
Nellcote Don't know if this has been posted here, but, I found this while riding my web surfboard...

Shine A Light: Scorsese & The Stones
A bit of breaking news from the weekend to report: I walked by the side entrance of the Beacon Theater on Saturday morning to find an unusual amount of activity, especially for this early on a weekend. That’s when I saw Martin Scorsese walk into the building. Now that piqued my interest.

At that point I remembered reading that Scorsese would be filming the upcoming Rolling Stones concerts at the Beacon Theater. As I walked around the building I saw that the production team had blocked off a number of local blocks, and they were loading literally tons of equipment into the Beacon. On each blocked-off street, the crew members posted fliers explaining that Scorsese was filming a movie that “takes a behind the scenes look at the world of rock and roll.”

That’s the second thing that piqued my interest that morning, so I grabbed the signage from the post and did some classic investigating…

Much of the flier is standard issue, but one of the more interesting pieces of information was this new talk of guest musicians. Obviously I knew that the Stones were playing, but this was the first anyone had really heard of additional musicians and acts supporting them on the bill. Also of note is that I’ve never seen a band load into a theater more than a week before the actual concerts. I can’t imagine the scale of this production.

That same night I coincidentally saw Beck at the Loews Theater in Jersey City. In the middle of the set he asked the crowd “Has anyone been fired before?” A nice roar went up from the audience before Beck explained to the crowd that one of the reasons he was in town was for the Rolling Stones concerts, but that he had been fired that morning. He then played “No Complaints,” telling the audience he had planned to play this at the Beacon.

Hidden Track excitedly welcomes the return to concert filmmaking of the man that brought us The Last Waltz. We’ll provide updates going forward as we find out which other acts besides the Stones will be involved in this potentially epic event. In the meantime, you can sign up for the sweepstakes tickets at this address:

http://www.rollingstones.com/beacontheatre/index.php

Good luck, and stay tuned for more…

http://www.glidemagazine.com/hiddentrack/?p=28

And a report from the same web site after the show...

Shine A Light: Rolling Stones
Our friend and unofficial photographer/videographer Hal Hansen went down to the Beacon Theater last night for the first of two Scorsese-filmed Rolling Stones shows, and he’ll weigh in with an update soon. As a preview, here’s what he’s got:

“That Loving Cup was far and away the musical highlight. Other highlights included high-fiving Keith Olberman, shaking Elvis Costello’s hand and being about 10 feet away from Bill & Hillary Clinton as they walked in. Just a totally absurd scene that I had no business being a part of.” Hal also sent me a text message after walking past Angelica Huston, with whom I love dearly.

Last Night’s Setlist: Start Me Up, Shattered, She Was Hot, All Down The Line, Loving Cup with Jack White, As Tears Go By, I’m Free (last played in Dec 21, 1969 according to Gazza), Undercover, Just My Imagination, Shine A Light, Champagne and Reefer with Buddy Guy (live debut), Tumbling Dice, Band Intros, You Got The Silver, T & A, Sympathy For The Devil, Live With Me with Christina Aguilera, Paint It Black, Jumping Jack Flash, encore: Satisfaction.

http://www.glidemagazine.com/hiddentrack/?p=46

This link uses Bitch's photo...

31st October 2006 02:54 PM
glencar High-fiving Keith O? Thanks, but that hardly seems like a highlight of any night.
31st October 2006 03:49 PM
Saint Sway the songs called "No Expectations" not "No Complaints"

at least he got one thing right: he had no business being there
31st October 2006 03:54 PM
tumbled WOAH. Does Bitch know that her photo was used there??
http://www.glidemagazine.com/hiddentrack/?p=46

I think Ellen (Bitch) needs a license agreement and a copyright on her photo PRONTO. Copyright is only $22. the forms are on US commerce website. then extract $$ for its usage.

"This link uses Bitch's photo..."

31st October 2006 03:58 PM
Saint Sway They used Bitch's photo!

I sense another $51 million lawsuit is in order!
31st October 2006 04:03 PM
tumbled
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
They used Bitch's photo!

I sense another $51 million lawsuit is in order!

me 2!! I am feeling very Litigious lately. If you can't beat em join em!! hoowah

How come we can't sue the terrorists, it would be a lot easier to get em where it hurts the worst..

see: visual arts: http://www.copyright.gov/forms/

You can also protect your designs to be used for fabric or other printings. Its very simple to do but it takes a while to get your copyright usually over 6 weeks.
[Edited by tumbled]
31st October 2006 04:59 PM
Ace Cowboy Hey everyone:

I'm the editor of the links you've been posting here...I did not realize the photo we were using was not the author's. I've removed it from one post altogether and I've properly attributed it to the rightful owner in the full write-up review.

For "Bitch": Please email me at either [email protected] or [email protected] if you'd like me to take it down altogether or change the current attribution.

Thanks, and hopefully Mick's pipes hold up through the end of the tour.

(As for this comment -- "at least he got one thing right: he had no business being there" -- c'mon, man. You gotta be freakin' kidding me. You should know why that's just a f*cking ridiculous thing to say...)
31st October 2006 05:18 PM
nanatod
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
the songs called "No Expectations" not "No Complaints"

It took a little web research, Saint Sway, but the song Beck played IS called "No Complaints." It is a song off of Beck's new CD, "Information," which was released October 3, 2006, and has hit number 7 on the CD charts.
31st October 2006 05:29 PM
tumbled Hey the new article is very nice reading and has a credit to Bitch via Meg and also has a setlist picture. Much improved. hoowa

www.glidemagazine.com/hiddentrack/?p=48/&PHPSESSID=16c67befc41b86b5a9dec5cc7908ac8f
31st October 2006 05:44 PM
Bitch Wow my pics are circulating all over the net! Not because they are so good but because of a pic shortage from that event! I make no claims for money, as I am a hit and run pic stealer invader, copying and pasting and posting, with no concern for who and where it originated. One day the cyber-police will jump thru my screen and want a full investigation, but, they wont find anything in my computer, the treasured pics are safely stored on a special secret disk, in an undisclosed location! HA!
31st October 2006 05:47 PM
Bitch
31st October 2006 05:55 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Bitch wrote:
Wow my pics are circulating all over the net! Not because they are so good but because of a pic shortage from that event! I make no claims for money, as I am a hit and run pic stealer invader, copying and pasting and posting, with no concern for who and where it originated. One day the cyber-police will jump thru my screen and want a full investigation, but, they wont find anything in my computer, the treasured pics are safely stored on a special secret disk, in an undisclosed location! HA!

LOL! Bitch, I dig your attitude. I am so looking forward to hooking up with you at the rescheduled gig (if and when it happens).
31st October 2006 06:36 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Bitch wrote:

Brown Sugar got removed.
31st October 2006 06:37 PM
glencar Yes, she knows that. She was there!
31st October 2006 06:41 PM
Soldatti
quote:
glencar wrote:
Yes, she knows that. She was there!

I know, I just noticed it.
31st October 2006 06:42 PM
glencar LOL Great show. On other sites they're claiming empty seats. Not from where I was sitting...
31st October 2006 11:27 PM
chevysales
quote:
tumbled wrote:
Hey the new article is very nice reading and has a credit to Bitch via Meg and also has a setlist picture. Much improved. hoowa

www.glidemagazine.com/hiddentrack/?p=48/&PHPSESSID=16c67befc41b86b5a9dec5cc7908ac8f

yes but they also need to credit gazza with the info for i'm free in the setlist.
31st October 2006 11:30 PM
chevysales
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

Brown Sugar got removed.

scratched i read for micks voice... but that came from shiddoobee so who knows it may have been by a poster who drinks too much of that kool aid over there.

another poster there told a writer that ALL fans are called shidoobee's and of course this was printed in one of the new york rags... i resent that one!

[Edited by chevysales]
31st October 2006 11:33 PM
chevysales
quote:
glencar wrote:
LOL Great show. On other sites they're claiming empty seats. Not from where I was sitting...

the empties in our area were only cause those people were leaning against the rails separating the balconies. there were no real empties.
1st November 2006 06:08 AM
corgi37 Keith Olberman is a Godless sodomite.
1st November 2006 06:14 AM
lotsajizz so am I
1st November 2006 07:24 AM
Gazza
quote:
chevysales wrote:

yes but they also need to credit gazza with the info for i'm free in the setlist.

They did...very nice of them to mention us. I liked the way that the "Bitch via partydollmeg" is written as if theyre the same person. A chilling prospect
1st November 2006 11:10 AM
Saint Sway its awesome that they mentioned Rocks Off

this should go far towards getting us an exclusive ticket contest with Rolling Stones Inc.

move over Shidoobee!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)