ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In memory of Art Wood
Cabbage Patch, Twickenham April 2005
© Paulywaul
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Look...Chuck replied to my email. Return to archive
31st October 2006 10:47 AM
LadyJane I wrote yesterday stating my frustrationa and disappointment over AC.

I need to reply....would you guys/gals like to help me??

Here is the reply:
tour, and if
fate
causes the band to have to postpone, then EVERY EFFORT
is made to
re-instate
the show at some point. The band is well aware of the
frustration, the
pains and inconvenience this causes the fans and
always regrets these
things. Just remember, these are human beings and not
machines...and
things
can happen. We've all seen it in the past, and we can
all agree that
the
band has always done everything within their power to
make up lost
dates. In
some very rare cases for reasons too complicated to go
into here, dates
have
been lost completely. You'll have to get the official
word on
re-scheduled
shows from the bands website, but as you've seen by
now the show in AC
has
been announced for Nov. 17.
Best, Chuck

I'm now on the "most wanted " list.

LJ.

31st October 2006 10:51 AM
glencar LJ, I had to take a sick day today because of severe back pain. Highly severe. I think Mick was actually ill & I'm looking forward to seeing y'all in AC again.
31st October 2006 11:03 AM
Jumping Jack If they care SO much about their fans they will do the theater shows promised in the press conference with first dibs given to legacy code holders.

May I suggest one more in the east outside NY, Chicago, LA, and Atlanta for geographic equality.
31st October 2006 11:05 AM
glencar NYC should get another one. This one wasn't really for the fans.
31st October 2006 11:16 AM
parmeda LJ a gracious reply would be sufficient....thank him for taking the time to respond to your note and wish him well.

...do not burn any bridges.
31st October 2006 11:17 AM
glencar Great advice! And ask him to throw in "Under The Boardwalk"!
31st October 2006 11:17 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Here is the reply:
tour, and if
fate
causes the band to have to postpone, then EVERY EFFORT
is made to
re-instate
the show at some point. The band is well aware of the
frustration, the
pains and inconvenience this causes the fans and
always regrets these
things. Just remember, these are human beings and not
machines...and
things
can happen. We've all seen it in the past, and we can
all agree that
the
band has always done everything within their power to
make up lost
dates. In
some very rare cases for reasons too complicated to go
into here, dates
have
been lost completely. You'll have to get the official
word on
re-scheduled
shows from the bands website, but as you've seen by
now the show in AC
has
been announced for Nov. 17.
Best, Chuck

I'm now on the "most wanted " list.

LJ.

...sounds good when you're being sued!
31st October 2006 11:31 AM
Saint Sway LJ,

dont forget to remind him about the Dance Little Sister Petition

thanks
31st October 2006 11:42 AM
jaggergurl
quote:
parmeda wrote:
LJ a gracious reply would be sufficient....thank him for taking the time to respond to your note and wish him well.

...do not burn any bridges.

I agree, LJ, I am glad that you did get a personal response from him, that was courteous.

31st October 2006 11:44 AM
glencar Chuck is nothing if not couteous. I've never emailed him or really spoken to him but I've seen him & I was struck by how nice he seemed. I know some don't like his piano playing but I thank God that he plays with the Stones.
31st October 2006 12:15 PM
gimmekeef Since when does Chuck speak for Mick/Keith?.....tree plantin ivory tinklin hangeron.....
31st October 2006 12:18 PM
glencar He's the one who works the setlists. If it wasn't for him we'd be subjected to the same 14 song setlist every night.
31st October 2006 12:23 PM
LadyJane
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Since when does Chuck speak for Mick/Keith?.....tree plantin ivory tinklin hangeron.....

At least I got a reply and within 24 hours.
I'm very impressed and will reply with a gracious note.

It makes ME feel good that I had somewhere to vent.
And my original note was very heartfelt but to the point.

LJ.
31st October 2006 12:24 PM
glencar You're a class act LJ no matter what certain scumbags post about you. And please put in a plug for Under The Boardwalk!
31st October 2006 12:27 PM
GotToRollMe Damn, LJ, that almost sounds like a form letter...or something a lawyer would send. They are being sued over this, so I think it's pretty cool that you got a response at all. I'm with Parmeda on this one...send a gracious "thank you for your reply" and leave it at that.
Hey, at least he changed the set lists up for us this leg of the tour...
31st October 2006 12:29 PM
glencar Actually, I think that's anything BUT a form letter.
31st October 2006 01:20 PM
Steel Wheels God damn all this frustration. I just wanna rock!
31st October 2006 01:21 PM
chevysales
quote:
glencar wrote:
Chuck is nothing if not couteous. I've never emailed him or really spoken to him but I've seen him & I was struck by how nice he seemed. I know some don't like his piano playing but I thank God that he plays with the Stones.

check out his earlier stuff with the allman brothers and his group formed from that rythym section by him (after gregg went cher and the band broke up) called "sea level" their first album was very good jazz fusion-rock.
[Edited by chevysales]
31st October 2006 01:39 PM
Jumping Jack I have written Chuck in the past and gotten replies from both Chuck and his wife Rose Lane. Both have always been extremely nice and are great people. Neither are responsible for this mess, but as the only ones who take e-mail catch the brunt of the abuse.

Please give them the respect they deserve. They don't have to take e-mail.
31st October 2006 02:45 PM
glencar
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
I have written Chuck in the past and gotten replies from both Chuck and his wife Rose Lane. Both have always been extremely nice and are great people. Neither are responsible for this mess, but as the only ones who take e-mail catch the brunt of the abuse.

Please give them the respect they deserve. They don't have to take e-mail.

I haven't emailed him & I don't think I need to but if I did I would follow your advice. I like & respect Chuck & Rose Lane.
31st October 2006 07:18 PM
Bitch LJ, you are lucky to get a response and a bit of respect. I like Chuck and I read his blogs, he's cool IMO. Just say thanks for your time, and if there is any way the RS could upgrade my ticket to a VIP or Backstage pass, it would be greatly appreciated. Hell, it cant hurt to ask, since you already have his ear. Chuck gives out passes to his friends, maybe theres some extras floating around. You never know! It's worth a shot, the worst that could happen is he says no. I have made email contact with Darryl a few times and I asked him for VIP or backstage, and he said he has to ask MICK, then he came back later and said no, he cant, but at least he tried!
1st November 2006 03:22 AM
FotiniD So very nice of Chuck to reply. God damn it, he may have this whole illusion he's running the band and he may remind me of Father Smurf but at least the man shows some RESPECT. Good for him.

I really, really wish he'll take all this to the boys. Don't know if it'll matter, but it'd be great for them to know.

Agree with all of the replies, just thank him for his e-mail. I love Bitch's idea too
1st November 2006 11:05 AM
Paranoid_Android Damn LJ...Have your man keep an eye out for a red spot on your forehead during the show...could come from ANYWHERE!!!!

Dye your ginger hair to black for the show and put on fake glasses...I'll keep an eye out from the cheap seats...in case it's an attack from the rear!!!

xx The Paranoid Android xx
1st November 2006 12:36 PM
Martha LJ I believe you need comped! Ask to get in to BOTH LA shows......POST HASTE!

:-)
1st November 2006 01:33 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jaggergurl wrote:

I agree, LJ, I am glad that you did get a personal response from him, that was courteous.

Please tell Chuck that Josh and I say hello, include pictures of my weight loss and thank him for greeting us this past year.
1st November 2006 01:38 PM
SheRat
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
If they care SO much about their fans they will do the theater shows promised in the press conference with first dibs given to legacy code holders.

May I suggest one more in the east outside NY, Chicago, LA, and Atlanta for geographic equality.

LA always gets the theatre shows. Fuck them.

SF or the Paramount in Oakland.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)