ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In memory of Art Wood
Cabbage Patch, Twickenham April 2005
© Paulywaul
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Vancouver Nov 3 Return to archive
31st October 2006 01:54 AM
tobis I hope Mick doesn't blow out his tonsils on the 1st in NYC. If he does, I hope they don't wait until 2 PM on the 3rd to tell us. Otherwise us 50,000+ (sold out in 1 day) BC place fans will be mighty pissed.

Anyway if it goes ahead and the security guard doesn't nab my cell phone. I could text message the songs and maybe even a blurry picture - if someone out there gives me their e-mail and wants to wait around... any takers?

Sloan should start at about 7:30 PM Pacific Standard time
Van Morisson at 8:30 ?
Stones at 10:00 ?

Anyone in Vancouver see the trucks rolling in yet?
31st October 2006 07:34 AM
Gazza as has been indicated with AC, trucks rolling in and stages being set up is no guarantee you'll get a show.

Hope it goes ahead. They seem to have bypassed Vancouver quite a lot on recent tours for a place of that size. Did it really sell that fast? Thats amazing.

Thanks for the offer of texting in the setlist - a bit late for me as I'm 8 hours ahead, - maybe someone else can contact Tobis with their details in order to receive updates??
[Edited by Gazza]
31st October 2006 08:58 AM
gimmekeef Yes..this sold fast..my son was trying for his first show and got shut out...will try the day of..if its on.I lived in Vancouver in late 80's the Dome sold out in minutes for 2 shows on Steel Wheels and they have been neglected since.....
31st October 2006 09:07 AM
Jeep
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Yes..this sold fast..my son was trying for his first show and got shut out...will try the day of..if its on.I lived in Vancouver in late 80's the Dome sold out in minutes for 2 shows on Steel Wheels and they have been neglected since.....

They played twice in BC Stadium in december 1994.
12 years ago, a long time anyway.

[Edited by Jeep]
31st October 2006 09:26 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Jeep wrote:

They played twice in BC Stadium in december 1994.
12 years ago, a long time anyway.

[Edited by Jeep]

Thanks Jeep for the correction....I was here in Atlanta for Voodoo......
1st November 2006 12:58 AM
tobis Last time they were in Vancouver at BC place was Jan 28 1998. It was a pretty good show - but they seemed a bit tired (no wonder in two weeks they played 3 NYC and 3 Hawaii shows), also saw them in November 97 in Seattle and they really rocked!

Regarding ticket sales - Tickets sold out very fast for this show. At the end of the 1st day there were only singles left - a couple of days later none.

I would be nice if they end the tour here in BC. If they promote it as the last stadium Stones show that might make it really special. Mind you I paid big bucks to a scalper ($60) to see the final concert of the WHO farewell tour in Toronto in 1982! How many 'farewell' tours did they have since then?

Still haven't got any takers on having me text message the live set list who can post it here. Guess there's lots of time to respond now.

Take care, great forum goodnight!

1st November 2006 01:02 AM
pdog
quote:
tobis wrote:
Last time they were in Vancouver at BC place was Jan 28 1998. It was a pretty good show - but they seemed a bit tired (no wonder in two weeks they played 3 NYC and 3 Hawaii shows), also saw them in November 97 in Seattle and they really rocked!

Regarding ticket sales - Tickets sold out very fast for this show. At the end of the 1st day there were only singles left - a couple of days later none.

I would be nice if they end the tour here in BC. If they promote it as the last stadium Stones show that might make it really special. Mind you I paid big bucks to a scalper ($60) to see the final concert of the WHO farewell tour in Toronto in 1982! How many 'farewell' tours did they have since then?

Still haven't got any takers on having me text message the live set list who can post it here. Guess there's lots of time to respond now.

Take care, great forum goodnight!

Nothing is sold out, they hold and release tickets all the time. boise may be the one true sell out of the tour!
Fucking Boise! Who'd have thunk!
1st November 2006 01:28 AM
Rizollin Live in Vancouver, good pairs of tickets sold fast, but still available. Oh yeah, this concert has been delayed until November 25th. Pissed, was going to break live cherry. Apparently Mick has laryngitis. Burn.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)