ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In memory of Art Wood
Cabbage Patch, Twickenham April 2005
© Paulywaul
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Beacon 31st show postponed - 1st November film shoot cancelled! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
31st October 2006 10:04 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

They're so Punk they don't even care you said that.

"Here dicks! Take some Chuck Leavell and gimmee $450.00 ASAP!!! Were tired of DYI!"

\

For real...the Stones are the ultimate punks...they care less what others think...and this whole notion of defining punk as doing it yourself...that's a new one on me...whatever....I guess all these do it yourself punks were cutting records on their own labels...oh wait...that was the Stones...man...they really are the real punks
31st October 2006 10:13 AM
LadyJane
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Good news -- the miracle of science!

British scientists grow human liver in a laboratory
By FIONA MacRAE, Science Reporter

Dr Nico Forraz (left) and Prof Colin McGuckin, (below) the tissue created in the lab is actually the size of a 1p piece

British scientists have grown the world's first artificial liver from stem cells in a breakthrough that will one day provide entire organs for transplant.

The technique that created the 'mini-liver', currently the size of a one pence piece, will be developed to create a full-size functioning liver.

Described as a 'Eureka moment' by the Newcastle University researchers, the tissue was created from blood taken from babies' umbilical cords just a few minutes after birth.

As it stands, the mini organ can be used to test new drugs, preventing disasters such as the recent 'Elephant Man' drug trial. Using lab-grown liver tissue would also reduce the number of animal experiments.

Within five years, pieces of artificial tissue could be used to repair livers damaged by injury, disease, alcohol abuse and paracetamol overdose.

post of the month!!!!!!!!!!

LJ.
31st October 2006 10:31 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Meg, when I saw this last night, I shifted gears.
Take a look at my most recent post on the Random You Tube thread, for an artist, whom, at this time, is not suffering such maladies....

Nelly...ain't no comparing a true artist to the Stones Machine!!!

"Do you think I'm gonna come back here and do the same thing...hell no!"
31st October 2006 10:41 AM
Sir Stonesalot Actually, most Punk bands either put their stuff out themselves, or on friends indie labels. Once the movement was co-opted by the music industry, and the music press turned it into something that it wasn't, that is when stuff went downhill.

On the other hand, major labels allowed bands like The Clash to become widely known. I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing.
31st October 2006 10:43 AM
Saint Sway what does any of this punk talk have to do with them fucking over their fans again?
31st October 2006 10:53 AM
scope
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Good news -- the miracle of science!

British scientists grow human liver in a laboratory
By FIONA MacRAE, Science Reporter

Dr Nico Forraz (left) and Prof Colin McGuckin, (below) the tissue created in the lab is actually the size of a 1p piece

British scientists have grown the world's first artificial liver from stem cells in a breakthrough that will one day provide entire organs for transplant.

The technique that created the 'mini-liver', currently the size of a one pence piece, will be developed to create a full-size functioning liver.

Described as a 'Eureka moment' by the Newcastle University researchers, the tissue was created from blood taken from babies' umbilical cords just a few minutes after birth.

As it stands, the mini organ can be used to test new drugs, preventing disasters such as the recent 'Elephant Man' drug trial. Using lab-grown liver tissue would also reduce the number of animal experiments.

Within five years, pieces of artificial tissue could be used to repair livers damaged by injury, disease, alcohol abuse and paracetamol overdose.

NEWCASTLE University? It figures you would be on any mailing list associated with Newcastle.
31st October 2006 10:56 AM
pdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
what does any of this punk talk have to do with them fucking over their fans again?

Fuck if I know, but I'm going to go see The Cramps tonight!

31st October 2006 10:57 AM
glencar I think the fact that they postponed tonight's show by a day shows that Mick's throat is still hurting. He was hocking up loogies & some just went flying through the air. I'm back on the bus.
31st October 2006 10:59 AM
Nellcote DNA catch?
He'd better hope "some girls" he's known were not in the crowd, who now have evidence...
31st October 2006 11:01 AM
glencar Maybe he caught something from Christina?
31st October 2006 11:03 AM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
Maybe he caught something from Christina?

I know I would love to get a STD from her!
31st October 2006 11:04 AM
glencar I gotta say that even though I thought she added nada to the song, she was hot!
31st October 2006 11:08 AM
Maxlugar
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
what does any of this punk talk have to do with them fucking over their fans again?

You serious about that, Clark?
31st October 2006 11:13 AM
pdog
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

You serious about that, Clark?

Don't go all New Wave...
31st October 2006 11:54 AM
mojoman
quote:
pdog wrote:

at the fillmore?
31st October 2006 11:57 AM
pdog
quote:
mojoman wrote:

at the fillmore?

Yes!
Is it cancelled?
Oh Snap!
31st October 2006 02:11 PM
monkey_man
quote:
pdog wrote:

Yes!
Is it cancelled?
Oh Snap!

PDog, I just got word that Lux's voice is fucked for the show tonight. . . . .
31st October 2006 04:49 PM
scope You gotta love Ticketmaster. They just called me at 4:50 p.m. to tell me that tonight's show, which would have started in about 3 hours, was re-scheduled. On the ball, these people are. Yes indeedy.
31st October 2006 05:00 PM
tumbled
quote:
pdog wrote:

THE CRAMPS WITH LUX INTERIOR!!??? I can't believe he's still alive. Did you see their video live at Napa state mental hospital?

Tell him I enjoyed it immensely when he fell on top of me at the 930 club in 1985.

you lucky sob. maybe you will get HUMAN FLY!!!

i go buzz buzz buzz and its just becuzzzzz hAHAAHAHA
fucking trip...

[Edited by tumbled]
[Edited by tumbled]
1st November 2006 12:32 PM
polytoxic
quote:
glencar wrote:
This shows that they won't be able to keep touring much longer. Howe many shows were cancelled like this in the 70's? Still some might not mind this as they'll get to go trick-or-treating with their kids.

Seriously. Can you see another year of this as they try to wind their way through South America, India & South Asia (oh yeah, there won't be any cancellations there, nosiree) & Europe as is supposedly planned?
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)