ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In memory of Art Wood
Cabbage Patch, Twickenham April 2005
© Paulywaul
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Beacon 31st show postponed - 1st November film shoot cancelled! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
30th October 2006 09:22 PM
LadyJane Quoting Stonesdoug from Shidoobee:

"Mick is having a lot of throat problems---the show is tentatively set for Wednesday, but I wouldn't make any firm commitments"

LJ.
30th October 2006 09:32 PM
glencar Oh boy!
30th October 2006 09:34 PM
LadyJane This is 2 for 2 for Josh and TomL

Sucks.

LJ.
30th October 2006 09:56 PM
lonecrapshooter his voice was great last night and will be great again 11/1 on All Saint(s) Of Me day...listen to the rough gimme shelter from sweet home nyc bootleg from '98. tumbling dice and sftd were rough and awesome then. I like jaggers voice rough check out lets spend the night together for a refresher

Throbby thanks for the post. saw you on the floor and yelled your name, you stopped for a minute but were being moved along

I thought they were really tight last night. Ronnie was intense as I have seen in a while. Sheryl Crow is offically retired, Live With Me was truly great. Undercover was great. The guys were serious last night.

also Matt Lauer left by mid-show! He was right near me.

30th October 2006 10:06 PM
Bitch FVCK! There goes my Nov. 1st "extra" date, right into the crapper. FVCK!!!!
30th October 2006 10:16 PM
Sir Stonesalot Bitchypoo...

You are allowed to put the U in FUCK on this board.

Just so ya know...

PS. If anyone deserves to cuss about this...it's you.

I empathize.
30th October 2006 10:23 PM
Lavendar Ya Really Think This is for Real?
Canceling a Halloween Date! :o
30th October 2006 10:37 PM
Saint Sway I went up to the Beacon tonite at 8pm to see if they would re-release any unclaimed tix and they told me that word was they would be cancelling the show bc of Mick's throat.

I was in for Wed's shoot but looks like now thats off. Doubt they'll reschedule that for Thurs. So now I'm out. Unless a miracle comes my way for wed show

oh well

SSSDD
30th October 2006 10:43 PM
Bitch I'm from Jersey, we say it like fvuck you, or vuck you, with the v sound.
30th October 2006 10:51 PM
Sir Stonesalot Really? Hmph.

Learn something new every day. Thanks for the info. I'll remember that if I ever need to cuss in Joisey
30th October 2006 11:00 PM
Saint Sway so is the Nov 1 reshoot day officially"cancelled" or just "postponed" to another day later this week?

Fack
30th October 2006 11:04 PM
pdog Thvis svucks fvor all!

Any good news?

Anyone save any money on car insurance?
31st October 2006 12:11 AM
stonesgirl101 "Once again the people with plane flights are screwed. I met a girl in line today picking up her ticket. She has a flight back to London Wednesday morning."

I was just reading her posts in Shidoobee--she is crushed!

And JB and all of the "released" extras, my heart goes out to you all!! I won RS.com tix and was due to pick them up tomorrow--now me AND my guest (who also was a "released" extra) are left in limbo. I've emailed RS staff but don't expect much right now. I'm not going to NYC without confirmation as to when or even *if* I need to do so.

I'm exhausted & going to call it a night. Mick can rest his voice, and maybe my bronchitis will be better by then,too. *shrugs*

Sheila on NJ
Not the only one with mixed emotions
31st October 2006 12:27 AM
Sir Stonesalot Ok, so if Micks throat was giving him major problems...why the fuck would he do a full rehearsal the afternoon after cancelling a show? That is just plain stupid. Why not do the AC show, and use it as a dress rehearsal...and then get two full days of rest before the first Beacon show.

None of this shit makes any sense.

And whomever is runnin' the show has turned this into, borrowing an official US Army term, a Clusterfuck of massive proportions.

I don't know what the hell is going on...but it's pretty obvious that a bunch of people have their heads up their ass.
31st October 2006 12:37 AM
Fiji Joe Come on SS...just say it...the fishy thing that is going on is that Mick is sick...he should have never played the Beacon show...that's why they delayed the second Beacon show...he sucked it up so Slick Willie could rake in some more bucks and get his fat head in the news again...I know he's one of your peeps, but call the spade a spade...I have been quite amused by the ducking of this take on this board...

The AC and Beacon II folks got dissed so Slick and Cankles' birthday party could go off without a hitch...so the photo op could be maintained...so the bucks could come in...that makes more sense than any other theory I've seen on this board

Y'all missed your exit?...didn't you see the sign

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
31st October 2006 02:15 AM
FotiniD WTF?! These days it's one unbelievable thread after another. What on earth is going on with the Stones? As said, could his voice REALLY be the problem, when he rehearsed while they were supposed to be playing AC? Something's fishy, but I can't quite grasp the reason behind it all.
31st October 2006 04:58 AM
StickyFishFingers What a bummer - I truly feel for all you guys who've been stuffed around yet again. This makes the ticketing fiasco events surrounding the Australian shows of earlier this year pale into nothingness compared to what is happening at the moment. So much for a bigger bang, maybe they should retitle this tour the 'Going out with a feeble wimper' tour. I hope all you dudes who had tickets for tonight's show get your satisfaction tomorrow.
31st October 2006 06:18 AM
TomL It's LJ posting.
This was on my voicemail this a.m.
Mr TomL is in NYC with tickets for tonight's cancelled show.
Needless to say he is less than thrilled.

I just saw Les Paul who is 91 and crippled unlike fucking Mick Jagger.

Fuck Mick Jagger!!!!

31st October 2006 08:26 AM
Sir Stonesalot No Feej...I'm no Bubba fan. Never was. That is neither here nor there though.

OK, Mick is sick. For the sake of the debate, let's just assume that is a fact. I'm not sold on that yet though...

So how does that explain that crew members new 4 days in advance that the AC show wasn't gonna happen...but it couldn't be announced until late for "insurance purposes"? Or that Mick, while sick, did a full dress rehearsal, and then did a full show?

Did Mick's handlers not realize how something like that could snowball? I mean, how fuckin' stupid is that? I think it has less to do with Bubba and more to do with Marty. Marty's people where also probably responsible for bringing some fans into the Beacon, and then kicking them back out.

No Feej...the thing that bugs me, and has been bugging me for a long time now, is the complete bonehead manner in the way the band has been run. Dudes in the Stones is old. They get sick and fall out of trees sometimes...can't control that. But the aftermath of those things...THAT can be controlled. And Stones Inc is doing a really shitty job at that. Like shitty enough that heads oughta roll. If you or I pulled bonehead moves like that in our jobs, we'd be in the unemployment line mighty quick.

The powers that be in Stones Inc...which I am starting to think that the band members are having less and less say in...need to get their collective shit together.
31st October 2006 08:46 AM
Nellcote Very similar activity to any large corporation now.
Activities taking place, which have deceptive reasons and or information as to why, or answers come much later after the event.
They are insulated from the reality, or, are choosing not to become involved in the reality of the fan base which brought them to the point they are at now.
Usually, a change in behavior is unlikely.
Towards any activity to challenge their wisdom, while it might make the individuals who bring such activity happy, rarely is their any change in operating procedures.
Summary, go on with your life, they are not concerned they've interferred with it, to think they are or ever will be is living in a fantasy world.
That's a fact, Jack.
31st October 2006 08:50 AM
SweetVirginia
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

...the thing that bugs me, and has been bugging me for a long time now, is the complete bonehead manner in the way the band has been run. Dudes in the Stones is old. They get sick and fall out of trees sometimes...can't control that. But the aftermath of those things...THAT can be controlled. And Stones Inc is doing a really shitty job at that. Like shitty enough that heads oughta roll. If you or I pulled bonehead moves like that in our jobs, we'd be in the unemployment line mighty quick.

100% correct! The PR part of this thing has been
handled terribly.

Are they that sure the fans will keep coming back,
regardless of how they are treated?

Or do they know this is the end of touring so it
doesn't matter?

31st October 2006 09:07 AM
Maxlugar Nah, they're being "Punk" about the whole thing. They do what they want and don't care what YOU think. Ultimate Punks, them Stones. Don't look back baby!

Reader: But Maxy! Punks aren't in it for the money!

Maxy: Bwwwa ha ha ha!!!! Those are the failed Punks.
31st October 2006 09:19 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Very similar activity to any large corporation now.
Activities taking place, which have deceptive reasons and or information as to why, or answers come much later after the event.
They are insulated from the reality, or, are choosing not to become involved in the reality of the fan base which brought them to the point they are at now.
Usually, a change in behavior is unlikely.
Towards any activity to challenge their wisdom, while it might make the individuals who bring such activity happy, rarely is their any change in operating procedures.
Summary, go on with your life, they are not concerned they've interferred with it, to think they are or ever will be is living in a fantasy world.
That's a fact, Jack.

Yep..it sure is!!!
You speakie the truth, Nelly my friend.
Too biggie for their own britches..
All about the bottom line..Damn those corporate fuckers!!
31st October 2006 09:39 AM
nankerphelge The Stones are smart enuf to know that they better be on for the Marty DVD. Thems potentially big bucks. If that means pissing off the fans along the way -- well, just the cost of doing business.

PR?
Who needs PR at this stage of the game.
Send them a free fan DVD and a pin.
They'll be back.
If not, fuck 'em!

31st October 2006 09:41 AM
SweetVirginia

31st October 2006 09:41 AM
Sir Stonesalot Yeah Nelly, I think yer right.

Time to move on. I'll always love what the Stones once were...The World's Greatest Rock n Roll Band. They just aren't very Rock n Roll anymore. It's all just nostalgia for me now. I still love those tunes that got me hooked, but the band that created those tunes is gone and never coming back.

Oh well. I still have Bob and Neil.

Oh, and Maxy...your understanding of Punk is poor. Punk was always about DIY...Do It Yourself. The Stones don't even wipe their own asses, they do almost NOTHING themselves. Hell CHUCK is the music director...they don't even do the MUSIC themselves anymore! Can't get more Un-Punk than that. And I don't think that there is a Punk alive that will tell you that they didn't want paid. Most of 'em didn't get paid...not because they didn't want the money...mostly because they were stupid and hired crooks, or worse "friends", to be their manager. A boatload of people got wealthy from Punk, it just wasn't the Punks themselves.
31st October 2006 09:44 AM
FotiniD At this point, imo it'd be great if we had a real idea of how much control the Stones have over the tour arrangements, what gets cancelled, what gets postponed etc. Yes, I know it is naive to even CONSIDER this may be out of their hands, or that they don't have a say in it, but I was just wondering what's the extent of that say.

The truth should be somewhere in the middle. I don't buy the "doing it for the kids" pretentious attitude or Keith's "you can keep the money" (yeah right) but on the other hand, I don't see them as money making machines either. There's got to be something we're missing here. I mean, even if this means it's the end of their touring days or shows their arrogance even THEY are not so stupid as to risk losing paying customers like that, not even smart enough to cover their asses.

In other words: why build the stage and go with all the expenses and time needed to do that, if you knew beforehand you were going to postpone the AC gig for instance? And then why let it be seen you're rehearsing for Beacon while you're supposed to have a sore throat? Too many contradictions that just don't make sense.
31st October 2006 09:47 AM
Nellcote Meg, when I saw this last night, I shifted gears.
Take a look at my most recent post on the Random You Tube thread, for an artist, whom, at this time, is not suffering such maladies....
31st October 2006 09:53 AM
Maxlugar
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

Oh, and Maxy...your understanding of Punk is poor. Punk was always about DIY...Do It Yourself. The Stones don't even wipe their own asses, they do almost NOTHING themselves. Hell CHUCK is the music director...they don't even do the MUSIC themselves anymore! Can't get more Un-Punk than that.

They're so Punk they don't even care you said that.

"Here dicks! Take some Chuck Leavell and gimmee $450.00 ASAP!!! Were tired of DYI!"

31st October 2006 09:58 AM
nankerphelge Good news -- the miracle of science!

British scientists grow human liver in a laboratory
By FIONA MacRAE, Science Reporter

Dr Nico Forraz (left) and Prof Colin McGuckin, (below) the tissue created in the lab is actually the size of a 1p piece

British scientists have grown the world's first artificial liver from stem cells in a breakthrough that will one day provide entire organs for transplant.

The technique that created the 'mini-liver', currently the size of a one pence piece, will be developed to create a full-size functioning liver.

Described as a 'Eureka moment' by the Newcastle University researchers, the tissue was created from blood taken from babies' umbilical cords just a few minutes after birth.

As it stands, the mini organ can be used to test new drugs, preventing disasters such as the recent 'Elephant Man' drug trial. Using lab-grown liver tissue would also reduce the number of animal experiments.

Within five years, pieces of artificial tissue could be used to repair livers damaged by injury, disease, alcohol abuse and paracetamol overdose.

Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)