ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In memory of Art Wood
Cabbage Patch, Twickenham April 2005
© Paulywaul
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Beacon 31st show postponed - 1st November film shoot cancelled! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
30th October 2006 08:00 PM
throbby Show maybe Wed? No fan extras show on Wed.
30th October 2006 08:02 PM
LadyJane WHAT????????

WTF is going on now??????

LJ.
30th October 2006 08:04 PM
throbby No bullshit LJ. A real emotional rollercoaster ride for some I'm afraid.
[Edited by throbby]
30th October 2006 08:04 PM
Gazza at least they gave some notice this time. What a sickener for everyone who got tickets. I hope they can reschedule it wednesday for them
30th October 2006 08:05 PM
PartyDoll MEG Did they get all the footage they needed last night?
Is Mick's voice caput?
WTF?!!!!!
30th October 2006 08:06 PM
Gazza nothing on rs.com about it - just for a change
30th October 2006 08:07 PM
throbby There's no way they got decent crowd footage last night, unless they're just using the upper balcony. Too many stiffs on the floor.
[Edited by throbby]
30th October 2006 08:09 PM
lotsajizz see...Mick's voice is shot....
[Edited by lotsajizz]
30th October 2006 08:09 PM
LadyJane Throbby...howe was Mick's voice last night???

LJ.
30th October 2006 08:10 PM
throbby Only 700 tickets were sold for the 31st. The entire floor was never for sale. Only 700 unhappy fans. Small potatoes compared to AC.
30th October 2006 08:11 PM
Jumping Jack The bastard is reading the feedback on bailing out on AC and is trying to cover his ass and his rep, but is only digging a deeper hole for himself.
30th October 2006 08:12 PM
throbby I believe Mick has some sort of infection judging by how often he went for the tissues.
30th October 2006 08:16 PM
LadyJane
quote:
throbby wrote:
I believe Mick has some sort of infection judging by how often he went for the tissues.

Then I don't feel so bad about AC after all.
Glad I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt and booked a flight.

But man oh man....throbby, Lux, SV, scope, maxy, TomL. Fuck

LJ.
30th October 2006 08:18 PM
Gazza
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Then I don't feel so bad about AC after all.
Glad I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt and booked a flight.

having the cold/sore throat for AC is believable enough. The stuff about the cancellation being known some days beforehand and then him proceeding to rehearse most of the week is the disturbing thing, though.
[Edited by Gazza]
30th October 2006 08:19 PM
robpop JB gets it two shows in a row. Two flights and no show. This has to be heart-breaking.
[Edited by robpop]
30th October 2006 08:21 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

But man oh man....throbby, Lux, SV, scope, maxy, TomL. Fuck

LJ.

...and JB....traveling again to see his band.

Us locals can possibly go on a rescheduled night. Once again the people with plane flights are screwed. I met a girl in line today picking up her ticket. She has a flight back to London Wednesday morning.
30th October 2006 08:22 PM
LadyJane I just broke it to TomL.

That's two in a row for him.

He is in shock. I feel awful.

LJ.
30th October 2006 08:23 PM
SweetVirginia OldKR just posted this on Shidoobee:

"Hi all,

The Halloween Show has been POSTPONED until WEDNESDAY Nov 1st.

The ORIGINAL Wednesday shoot has been CANCELLED."
30th October 2006 08:23 PM
Your Cousin Lou According to the production company, the show is rescheduled to Wednesday, and the mini show/filming on Wednesday is cancelled, which sucks the most for people who were scheduled to be at the filming, and who didn't get in to either the 29th or 31st.
30th October 2006 08:24 PM
Gazza official from IORR

The Rolling Stones have been forced to move their Tuesday, October 31st performance at the Beacon Theatre to Wednesday, November 1st. Following doctor’s advice, Mick Jagger has been ordered to rest his voice. All tickets for the October 31 show will be honored on November 1. Show time will remains at 8pm. This is fresh from a press release received shortly before ticket pickup at the Beacon ended 8pm today.
30th October 2006 08:28 PM
pdog Another missed exit!
30th October 2006 08:35 PM
mrhipfl odd, maybe Mick's voice really is shot. Or maybe, that's just what they want us to think! Either way, it sucks. I hope it works out for all of the fans.
30th October 2006 08:35 PM
mojoman
quote:
robpop wrote:
JB gets it two shows in a row. Two flights and no show. This has to be heart-breaking.
[Edited by robpop]

hope he has some nice vintages to comfort him
30th October 2006 08:36 PM
Lazy Bones Now we know why they average one show per week.

Again, to allow the kiddies to trick-or-treat, this move follows - in good faith - the "doing it for the kids" theme.
30th October 2006 08:36 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
pdog wrote:
Another missed exit!

You must not know where the hell you are by now.

30th October 2006 08:38 PM
pdog Keith can take his daughter out trick or treating in their stripper outfits... There's a silver lining...
30th October 2006 08:53 PM
Soldatti Dudes are gettin' old.
30th October 2006 08:59 PM
SweetVirginia From Rueters:

Jagger illness derails another Stones concert
Tues. Oct. 31, 1:31amGST

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - For the second time in three days, the Rolling Stones have postponed a concert so that singer Mick Jagger can rest his voice, the band's spokeswoman said on Monday.

A rare club appearance scheduled for Tuesday at New York's Beacon Theatre has been delayed by a day on the advice of 63-year-old Jagger's doctor, according to a statement.

The Stones also played the Beacon on Sunday as part of former President Bill Clinton's 60th birthday celebration. Director Martin Scorsese is taping both shows for a DVD.

Friday's arena show in Atlantic City, New Jersey, was postponed just hours before show time when many fans had already descended on the resort city from around the country. Jagger also left Spanish fans in the lurch in August when the band cancelled two shows due to his case of laryngitis.

The Stones now will play Atlantic City's Boardwalk Hall on November 17, which is expected to result in the postponement of their November 18 date at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles. The band has not played shows on consecutive nights in some years.

The Stones are midway through the second North American leg of their "Bigger Bang" world tour, which began in Boston in August 2005. After Los Angeles, they are scheduled to end the trek in Hawaii on November 22, although there is unconfirmed speculation that that show will be cancelled. A Stones spokesman said he expected further announcements about the itinerary to be made in coming days.

Ticket sales in stops such as Chicago, Seattle and Los Angeles have been sluggish and sales of the band's current album "A Bigger Bang" also were disappointing.

[Edited by SweetVirginia]
30th October 2006 09:03 PM
glencar This shows that they won't be able to keep touring much longer. Howe many shows were cancelled like this in the 70's? Still some might not mind this as they'll get to go trick-or-treating with their kids.
30th October 2006 09:05 PM
Madafaka Over and over again...
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)