ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In memory of Art Wood
Cabbage Patch, Twickenham April 2005
© Paulywaul
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Complete Refund For AC Return to archive Page: 1 2
31st October 2006 03:22 PM
Mel Belli Can someone explain to me why Mick rehearshing is evidence of bogus cancellation?

I understand about incoveniences and all, but I would think that, at $450 a pop, people would be glad that Mick chose not to perform at less than 100%.
31st October 2006 03:24 PM
glencar I have no problems with the cancellation at this point. It's evident that he's actually ill. Even moving the show at the Beacon back one day shows that he's still recovering. Putting shows outdoors in northern USA cities & Canuck ones was about as dumb a move as was possible.
31st October 2006 03:25 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
glencar wrote:
Putting shows outdoors in northern USA cities & Canuck ones was about as dumb a move as was possible.

Agreed.

31st October 2006 03:26 PM
pdog Mick was sick, and did The Beacon show, forced basically. We paid the price for them biting off more than they could chew.
31st October 2006 03:27 PM
glencar Dey old, mon!
31st October 2006 03:28 PM
pdog
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

I'll be there if you make it . . . all treats no trick!

If you get a call from me, it means I'm there, so look for me, even if we don't talk, the missed call will be the confirmation.
Hopefully Lux doesn't cancel... LOL!
If you have a line on a ticket, let me know too!
[Edited by pdog]
31st October 2006 03:32 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
pdog wrote:
Mick was sick, and did The Beacon show, forced basically. We paid the price for them biting off more than they could chew.

Fair enough, but you can't anticipate exactly when and where you're going to get sick. In other words, you don't know you're biting off more than you can chew until the food's in your mouth - that is, until it's too late.
31st October 2006 03:44 PM
pdog
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Fair enough, but you can't anticipate exactly when and where you're going to get sick. In other words, you don't know you're biting off more than you can chew until the food's in your mouth - that is, until it's too late.

At their age, they should know... It's not like Micks voice is a new issue. He was told never back to back shows, it was obvious by longer breaks he needs that at minimum... AC and The Beacon rehearsals.... They knew this 4 days out, and kept the lid on it, and it was b/c of money!
31st October 2006 03:45 PM
lotsajizz The esteemed San Francisco counsellor is correct on this score.
31st October 2006 04:03 PM
pdog
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

I'm not bothered by that. I'm more bothered by knowing this was planned to be cancelled by Tuesday, and the news was postponed until Friday afternoon...
To use the food metaphor, no one forced them to eat, just like no one forced me to buy a ticket!
Like I said before, they will never get me again...
31st October 2006 04:06 PM
monkey_man Just got my fanclub money refunded. Anyone else looking to do so because of the AC fiasco needs to call Ultrastar to get the refund: 212-265-2525.
31st October 2006 04:08 PM
pdog
quote:
monkey_man wrote:
Just got my fanclub money refunded. Anyone else looking to do so because of the AC fiasco needs to call Ultrastar to get the refund: 212-265-2525.

I got Ultrastar on speed dial...
Another refund... I'm closing in on $1k in refunds today!
[Edited by pdog]
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)