ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In memory of Art Wood
Cabbage Patch, Twickenham April 2005
© Paulywaul
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Complete Refund For AC Return to archive Page: 1 2
30th October 2006 07:01 PM
pdog Atlantic City 1-800-736-1420

Everything but $3.80 processing charge!
They can't do anything about the Oaklnd show I bought a ticket for...
I'm still sick to my stomach!
I strongly, in the most passionate way, ask everyone to get a refund for AC... If you plan on still going, then go, by all means. A refund won't prevent that from happening if they actually plan on doing this show still. Buy a ticket a few hours before, so you know it's not canceled!
It will send them the message I think they deserve.
Seeing it's in AC, what're the odds they will really make up this gig? I'd say 60-40... After all the refunds, which should be close to 5,000 tickets, in a place that holds about 12,000 and was only about 80% sold already...
We'll see if they even show up.
Thanks for the memories boys. I hope they let me bring a dead horse to Oakland, I'm going to beat it in your honor, I mean honour!
30th October 2006 07:08 PM
mrhipfl woah dude. Glad I'm not Cohl right now, that's for sure. I bet you'll go see them again sometime if you get the chance, though. You can't escape their power! From what I gather, Mick really did have a sore throat, and just didn't want to ruin his voice for the Beacon show. But yeah, everyone has the right to be pissed, especially for cancelling on such a short notice. Good on you for getting a refund and standing up to them.
30th October 2006 07:32 PM
pdog Fuck them!
30th October 2006 07:45 PM
Sir Stonesalot Abso-fuckin'-lutely...fuck 'em.

Mr. Hip...check this shit out. Yeah, Mick was real fuckin' sick....

>To top it off, while speaking to crew members before the show at the Beacon, I was told the decision to not do AC was made 4 days prior to the actual cancellation, but for insurance claims reasons, could not be made public until the stage was up and ready to go! At this point in time, fans and their costs are only incidental in the money making schemes it seems. When wil they tell us about Honolulu, in an annoucement from the stage at Dodger stadium?<

That made me sick to my stomach....
30th October 2006 07:52 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Abso-fuckin'-lutely...fuck 'em.

Mr. Hip...check this shit out. Yeah, Mick was real fuckin' sick....

>To top it off, while speaking to crew members before the show at the Beacon, I was told the decision to not do AC was made 4 days prior to the actual cancellation, but for insurance claims reasons, could not be made public until the stage was up and ready to go! At this point in time, fans and their costs are only incidental in the money making schemes it seems. When wil they tell us about Honolulu, in an annoucement from the stage at Dodger stadium?<

That made me sick to my stomach....

First of all, I like "Mr. hip." People should call me that from now on, because I am pretty damn hip. Second, anyone can write stuff on the internet. That doesn't make it the truth. Third, I'm not saying that I believe Mick really was sick, but I am not shutting out the possibility either. It sucks either way for the people who spent their cash for the show. I don't even realize how much it sucks because according to my dad, I don't know the value of a dollar yet. I just hope that the band at least felt a little bit bad when cancelling the gig. I doubt it, however. And that probably is what hurts the most to the fans that went.
30th October 2006 08:04 PM
Sir Stonesalot I can vouch for the guy who wrote that. He's been around for a looooong time, and he's always been straight up and down. I have no reason to NOT believe him.

But aside from that...Mick did a full rehearsal just hours after cancelling a gig because of his "sore throat"! That alone makes the cancellation bogus, IMO.

Then add on all the fans that are gonna get hurt in LA and Honolulu because of it...man this is the last straw.
30th October 2006 08:05 PM
lotsajizz can't wait to see 'em on 11-17...we'll show the band who the hard core is and who the poseurs are....

30th October 2006 08:20 PM
Sir Stonesalot You mean who the sheep are....

I now understand why everyone thinks you are an asshole.
30th October 2006 08:22 PM
lotsajizz like I could give a shit what the lobotomy lobby here thinks....you are no longer (if ever) a true Stones fan...you geezers mumble selfish shit about a conspiracy when Mick legitimately has a real bad cold and can't friggin' sing. He is 63 and does not heal up with an eightball and Hennessey any more, he is sick and all some selfish, me-first fucks can do is whine like Beatles fans....you're just a self-centered, ignorant asshole posting from afar, without tickets or any stake in this, who probably likes Macca...

this IS a Stones board, if you're not fan...move on old man

[Edited by lotsajizz]
30th October 2006 08:31 PM
Sir Stonesalot Whatever Cunt.

Shows how much you know about me. You can't be more wrong.
30th October 2006 08:33 PM
lotsajizz ooooo...witty comeback....no, you are....your turn....Beatlesfan

30th October 2006 08:35 PM
pdog I'm younger than both of you, and it's not a question of being a fan, I'll always be a fan. I'm of they breed, you only fuck me once, you don't get a second chance. I've never said people shouldn't go back to AC. I said they should get the refund, and then go back if the show is really happening and get tickets day off. Better tickets available now anyway! And if they cancel, no one will be surprised.
This is personal to me, and i don't look up or down on anyones choices regarding the AC show... SS doesn't either, so take the hostility and judgement and save it for people who are being hostile towards you. Unless you are a Stones or Stones Inc. I don't know why you give a shit. If I was you, I'd be more humble, no one in AC really gave a shit if you showed up... Maybe that's why you act like a prick to everyone, or b/c you act like a prick, I'm not sure which came first!
30th October 2006 08:52 PM
lotsajizz nice revisionism pdog--look again and see who called someone an epithet first (hint SS 'asshole' directed at me, three or four posts above)....I will never start such a pissing contest and never have...but I'll be damned if I'll take it either...not that I expect you to see things the way they actually are......'fer chrissakes Mick is sick, all you conspiracy theorists were wrong, and now some can't accept it.....

like those who doubted my reports on Keith's appearance at the tour's start....

truth sometimes hurts

[Edited by lotsajizz]
30th October 2006 09:01 PM
pdog
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
nice revisionism pdog--look again and see who called someone an epithet first (hint SS 'asshole' directed at me, three of four above)....I will never start such a pissing contest and never have...but I'll be damned if I'll take it either...'fer chrissakes Mick is sick, all you conspiracy theorists were wrong, and now some can't accept it.....

Do oyu ever post w/o being a complete dick? Get the hint, not many like you... I like The Stones Inc. more than you, and they're the lowest of low IMO...
I don't care if Mick was sick or not, it's not about conspiracies. I know the truth... I'm not an idiot, I can see... Mick had a cold, big deal. He still rehearsed non stop all week and Sat. too. I'm supposed to feel okay about his actions, and the possibilty they made the decision to bail days ahead okay? Fuck that! They bailed on this show, sent the crews to build a stage, knowing they would never play. If Mick is 63 and can't bounce back, he shouldn't be bouncing. They over extened, they set the expectation, they shit on me. And they never will get the chance again. You call it whining, what fucking ever! 1 out 100 of your posts are civil. Yuo've been an ashole since your first post on Keno's board. No one in Ac missed you, expected you or wants anything to do with you. I remeber when you called LJ names, I don't forget. You're a pig, and now an Stones apologist too.
30th October 2006 09:08 PM
Sir Stonesalot Horseshit Jizzeater.

You started your shit by inferring that anyone who thinks different from you is not a fan.

And I don't see how saying that you are an asshole or a cunt is that big of a deal. After all, it's the truth.

I'm done with you...you can say whatever you want about me to whomever you want. I don't fuckin' care, and I highly doubt anyone else does either.

30th October 2006 09:13 PM
glencar Of the 47,229 posts you've made, THAT'S THE FUCKING BEST ONE EVER!
30th October 2006 09:32 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
pdog wrote:

Get the hint, not many like you...

the truth rarely makes one popular....hence your perception of same....
30th October 2006 09:48 PM
pdog
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

the truth rarely makes one popular....hence your perception of same....

I know what makes me liked, so I just keep doing what I do, and getting what I get... hows your friend making skills working out?
30th October 2006 10:42 PM
Paranoid_Android I applaud your stance Pdog...sorry I missed you and GTRM...she called me at 3pm when the news broke...heck...that little darling even scored the tkt for me!!!

Anyway...I say...if there is no time limit that expires prior to the 17th...then all those looking to get a refund should apply for it about 48hrs before the show...

"Uhm, excuse me...Mr Jagger. They are dropping like flies. You will be playing to a 1/2 empty house"
31st October 2006 02:35 PM
monkey_man Thanks for the info. . .my tickets have now been refunded, no mailing them back!!
31st October 2006 02:37 PM
glencar Nice meeting ye Monkey! Too bad we didn't get that show.
31st October 2006 02:39 PM
monkey_man
quote:
glencar wrote:
Nice meeting ye Monkey! Too bad we didn't get that show.

I had a great time meeting you too!!! Maybe the bitterness will subside to go to another show. BTW I found what I was looking for on Pacific Ave!!
31st October 2006 02:41 PM
glencar I was gonna ask you about that!
31st October 2006 02:42 PM
scope Me too! I'm hearing things; hearing things, I tell ya.
31st October 2006 02:45 PM
monkey_man Scope great meeting you and your spouse as well! Didya guys hear what the storm did to my ocean front hotel room??? 1/3 of my room flooded and part of the ceiling fell down from the flooding above me!! It was aces all around that night!!!
31st October 2006 02:46 PM
glencar Holy crap!
31st October 2006 02:47 PM
pdog You in the car for Oakland?
31st October 2006 02:48 PM
monkey_man You mean on the 6th? I doubt it. . .still kinda bitter. I only got home 12 hours ago! You coming to the Cramps for real tonight?
31st October 2006 02:55 PM
pdog
quote:
monkey_man wrote:
You mean on the 6th? I doubt it. . .still kinda bitter. I only got home 12 hours ago! You coming to the Cramps for real tonight?

Good chance, a few of my friends are going, I got no ticky... After we hit Noe Valley for tricks and treats,
I'll make the decision... I'd say 75%, which is good for me...
31st October 2006 02:57 PM
monkey_man
quote:
pdog wrote:

Good chance, a few of my friends are going, I got no ticky... After we hit Noe Valley for tricks and treats,
I'll make the decision... I'd say 75%, which is good for me...

I'll be there if you make it . . . all treats no trick!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)