ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In memory of Art Wood
Cabbage Patch, Twickenham April 2005
© Paulywaul
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Churches adopt U2 music (nsc) Return to archive
30th October 2006 01:37 PM
Ten Thousand Motels CHURCHES ADOPT U2 MUSIC

Irish rockers U2 have taken a step closer to sainthood - a host of US Episcopal churches are incorporating their music into services. The U2Charist service is the brainchild of Reverend PAIGE BLAIR and debuted at a church in York Harbor, Maine on 31 July (06) - it has now been held in 150 churches across 15 states. Blair says, "Bach and Handel were the popular music of their day, and they had trouble getting played in church. "The Methodist hymn writers once wrote contemporary music. Are we worshipping BONO? Absolutely not."

30/10/2006 17:35\
contactmusic.com
30th October 2006 01:41 PM
steel driving hammer I thought Churches were supposed to always have Sympathy...?
30th October 2006 03:18 PM
BONOISLOVE "Are we worshipping BONO? Absolutely not."

This is a clear case of hasty generalization.
30th October 2006 06:05 PM
Soldatti
30th October 2006 06:07 PM
Drewby I'm not going to any church that has been tainted with the music of U2.
30th October 2006 06:19 PM
M.O.W.A.T. I believe that the church has already made it's musical tastes perfectly clear:

31st October 2006 07:12 AM
Ten Thousand Motels WINEHOUSE HECKLES BONO

English jazz singer AMY WINEHOUSE heckled U2 frontman BONO when the Irish superstar accepted a trophy at the Q Music Awards yesterday (30OCT06). The STRONGER THAN ME hitmaker, 23, was unimpressed when the supergroup were chosen for the Band Of The Bands award at the London ceremony. As Bono thanked his peers on stage, Winehouse yelled, "Shut up! I don't give a f**k."

31/10/2006 08:08
contactmusic

31st October 2006 01:30 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
31st October 2006 03:34 PM
WJ Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
31st October 2006 03:36 PM
glencar U2 will make those churches even more boring if that was even possible!
31st October 2006 06:29 PM
Soldatti
quote:
glencar wrote:
U2 will make those churches even more boring if that was even possible!

31st October 2006 09:13 PM
Drewby There is definitely something wrong with a church that plays any music other than sacred music. Bach and Handel were deeply religious and wrote sacred music, not pop hits.
31st October 2006 10:53 PM
pdog Doesn't the Constitution guarentee a seperation of church and crap!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)