ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In memory of Art Wood
Cabbage Patch, Twickenham April 2005
© Paulywaul
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Even The Dems Aren't Buying Return to archive Page: 1 2
31st October 2006 12:11 PM
glencar They hate us for our freedom.
31st October 2006 12:13 PM
rasputin56 Which is amazing that more Democrats aren't joining the Republicans because they're the ones making sure those hated freedoms are removed, one at a time.
31st October 2006 12:16 PM
glencar Many of them who are ahead this year are trying their damnedest to sound like GOPers. The NY Times had a nice article about it yesterday. The Dems will probably take the House but it'll be like herding cats.
31st October 2006 12:21 PM
rasputin56 Or maybe it's the GOPers who sound like the Dems? See, we have a big tent. Except for Lieberman. He's duplicitous pond scum.
31st October 2006 12:22 PM
glencar He'll be returned easily. Lamont is trying to talk up the GOP candidate who actually is pond scum.
31st October 2006 12:34 PM
rasputin56 In other words, a true Republican.
31st October 2006 12:37 PM
glencar Yes, all Republicans are pond scum. And all Dems are angels with gleaming halos.
31st October 2006 12:38 PM
rasputin56 I wouldn't say "gleaming".
31st October 2006 12:38 PM
glencar One week to go. I can't stand the tension!
31st October 2006 12:43 PM
rasputin56 Worry not. The evil-doers will still control at least one of the Houses, more likely both. There will be more talk of Man-dating, and it'll be back to business as usual. Our children and our children's children weep.
31st October 2006 12:45 PM
glencar I think you're correct that the Senate will hold but I am not so sure about the House. I fear much self-flagellation if the Dems lose.
31st October 2006 12:55 PM
rasputin56 Regardless of the outcome, flagellation will be required.
31st October 2006 01:40 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:
Or maybe it's the GOPers who sound like the Dems? See, we have a big tent. Except for Lieberman. He's duplicitous pond scum.

Lieberman is a politician who actually is standing on his personal ideals. He has been completely betrayed by his own party, that he has served faithfully for years...

While he lacks charisma - (looks like a Muppet) he, like MOST of the Dems, voted for the war, and has not run from that decision, nor has he hung all the blame for the current Iraq difficulties around the neck of Bush - though he has given restrained criticism at regular intervals.

Lieberman represents what the Dems once were - a proud political party that appealed to the majority of Americans. He is now seen as a fringe member of the Dem. leadership - though his polling in his own state is showing him heading toward a very comfortable victory.

He is among the most admirable national politicians in the game right now. The Dems are hanging all their hopes on dissatisfaction with Iraq, banking on the old Vietnan playbook - a very dangerous gamble that could decimate the party for years to come if they have miscalculated.

Then again, if they pull it off, the Repubs are not gonna go quietly, and will come out swinging.

Gonna be intersting...
31st October 2006 02:57 PM
nanatod
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:
The sooner the right-wing naysayers admit that Clinton was by far the best president of the last half of the 20th century, the better off they'll all feel.

Lyndon Baines Johnson was by far the best president of the last half of the 20th century.
31st October 2006 03:02 PM
glencar Um, no. Even he would say that was way wrong. Wrongarooney!
31st October 2006 03:18 PM
Ten Thousand Motels >Lieberman is a politician who actually is standing on his personal ideals.<

I didn't know politicians had ideals. Ideally I suppose he'd like to be re-elected.
31st October 2006 03:20 PM
Ten Thousand Motels http://www.maxlugar.com/forum/detail.asp?Id=66911
31st October 2006 03:32 PM
rasputin56
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
>Lieberman is a politician who actually is standing on his personal ideals.<

I didn't know politicians had ideals. Ideally I suppose he'd like to be re-elected.

And that is what Joementum is all about. There's a reason why his major backers are Republicans. They can use him like the bitch he is and as long as he can get re elected he's more than willing to towel himself off after getting the ol' McCain like swabbing.
31st October 2006 03:33 PM
glencar SOUTH PORTLAND — Thomas J. Connolly, of Scarborough, a prominent
defense attorney and 1998 Democratic candidate for governor was
charged with criminal threatening this morning following an incident
beside Interstate-295.

South Portland police were notified around 9 a.m. that a man wearing a
rubber Osama bin Laden mask was standing on top of a berm along the
highway carrying a sign that said "I Love Tabor," and waving what
appeared to be an assault rifle.

Four South Portland officers and two state troopers converged on the
man. They drew their guns when he did not respond to their demand that
he drop his weapon.

Police said instead he walked toward them dropping plastic hand
grenades. His costume included fake dynamite and bandoliers, police
said.

He eventually did drop the rifle, which turned out to be a toy and was
arrested, at which time the man was identified as Connolly. He was
taken to the Cumberland County Jail.
31st October 2006 03:34 PM
glencar The above article is from Maine. The nutjob in question was last in the media spotlight when he reveaked W's DUI arrest from 25 years earlier on the last weekend of the 2000 election season.
31st October 2006 03:37 PM
Mahatma Kane Jeeves What a world!
We're doomed..........
31st October 2006 03:47 PM
rasputin56
quote:
glencar wrote:
The above article is from Maine. The nutjob in question was last in the media spotlight when he reveaked W's DUI arrest from 25 years earlier on the last weekend of the 2000 election season.

So, he knows a little something about being a drunken idiot?
31st October 2006 03:52 PM
glencar More than your average bear.
31st October 2006 04:13 PM
rasputin56 Meanwhile, a person who IS on the ballot next week shows how to properly deal with dissenters asking tough questions.

http://www.nbc29.com/Global/story.asp?S=5613839
31st October 2006 10:26 PM
Taptrick
meanwhile.....

i was still thinking......

31st October 2006 10:32 PM
mojoman
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:
Worry not. The evil-doers will still control at least one of the Houses, more likely both. There will be more talk of Man-dating, and it'll be back to business as usual. Our children and our children's children weep.

teach your children
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)