ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In memory of Art Wood
Cabbage Patch, Twickenham April 2005
© Paulywaul
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Atlantic City was never meant to happen 10/27 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
30th October 2006 04:28 PM
Dan
quote:
pdog wrote:

Fuck no. Those Kiss fans made me sick to my stomach. i asked our waitress if they would stop playing that awful music while we ate!

Likewise. But I dug the 89 solo tour. And I hope you or anyone else isn't eating now!

30th October 2006 04:30 PM
LadyJane Has anyone heard a word from our beloved Joshy??

Did he ever make it out of Philly???

Bless that man....it was HIS phone call of HIS humiliation that snapped me out of my rant.

Hearing it directly from him....priceless.

LJ.

30th October 2006 04:32 PM
Saint Sway it was great having all the Kiss fans there. It made us look slightly less pathetic
30th October 2006 04:37 PM
pdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
it was great having all the Kiss fans there. It made us look slightly less pathetic

He showed up, far worse IMO!
30th October 2006 04:41 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
pdog wrote:
He showed up, far worse IMO!

ahh, yes, good point.

still.... theres something about seeing a die-hard Kiss fan long over the age of 14 that makes me chuckle on the inside
30th October 2006 05:24 PM
Steel Wheels The KISS fans made me sick.
30th October 2006 05:27 PM
Gazza Interesting post on IORR from kahoosier who occasionally posts here too re: the AC postponement and the upcoming changes to LA and Honolulu :

Well now that BV confirms, I guess it must be true about Honolulu. But the poor ticket sales quotes just brings up more TM mystery for me. Two hours after tickets went on sale, YOU COULD NOT GET A FOOR SEAT AT A TM OUTLET IN HAWAII BECAUSE THEY WERE LSITED AS SOLD OUT.

Now as a personal gripe, adding Honolulu now takes my total of cancelled/ missed shows up to 8 and the shows that I saw to 10 on this tour, so for me it seems a roughly 50/50 chance of seeing the Stones.

To top it off, while speaking to crew members before the show at the Beacon, I was told the decision to not do AC was made 4 days prior to the actual cancellation, but for insurance claims reasons, could not be made public until the stage was up and ready to go! At this point in time, fans and their costs are only incidental in the money making schemes it seems. When wil they tell us about Honolulu, in an annoucement from the stage at Dodger stadium?

[Edited by Gazza]
30th October 2006 06:13 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Gazza wrote:
To top it off, while speaking to crew members before the show at the Beacon, I was told the decision to not do AC was made 4 days prior to the actual cancellation, but for insurance claims reasons, could not be made public until the stage was up and ready to go! At this point in time, fans and their costs are only incidental in the money making schemes it seems. When wil they tell us about Honolulu, in an annoucement from the stage at Dodger stadium?

This is an all time low.
30th October 2006 06:22 PM
pdog The Stones left me, and my friends... Anyone desiring a refund for any shows, should be given one, just for this shit alone... There must be a precedent. I'm calling TM, I'm telling them I want all my ticket money for AC back, including their charges, and also requesting my Oakland money back for the shit they pulled. Serious, I might not get it, but i'm gonig to try. This is total bullshit. No way does this band deserve my money. It's insulting, and in my mind and moral beliefs, I would call it a criminal act.
30th October 2006 06:36 PM
Sir Stonesalot Well...I don't think it's actually criminal, but it might be civil. I'm no legal expert so you may want to ask the many lawjockeys that inhabit these here parts.

If you could prove that Stones Inc knew about the cancellation 4 days in advance, but witheld that info for their own enrichment, and in the menwhile caused you a financial loss...you may have a case.

Good luck in small claims court though. You may be in your 50's before your case gets heard.
30th October 2006 06:41 PM
pdog I don't jack shit about the law, just my anger, and that I want all my money back. After being treated this bad, I shouldn't pay for a future show I have no desire to attend now!
30th October 2006 06:51 PM
Saint Sway I've been telling y'all that these guys are crooks for a long time now....

ooooh but I was the "bad guy" back then...
30th October 2006 06:55 PM
Sir Stonesalot It wasn't me who said you were the bad guy.
30th October 2006 06:56 PM
pdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I've been telling y'all that these guys are crooks for a long time now....

ooooh but I was the "bad guy" back then...

You're still a very bad man...
30th October 2006 06:58 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
pdog wrote:
You're still a very bad man...

true.

31st October 2006 08:02 PM
Bitch I had a bad feeling about AC because there were no official event t-shirts being sold on RS.com! That gave me the thought early on that this gig was not a sure bet, but then again AC is never a sure bet, the odds are against you.
31st October 2006 11:07 PM
GotToRollMe Ya can't go by that though, Bitch. They didn't have event shirts for Giants up on RS.com either until well after the event.
31st October 2006 11:23 PM
tumbled I got my t shirt today Halloween 2006 Beacon Theatre October 31, 2006 Sold Out. yea tell me... the cotton isn't very thick either...... hang my head in shame...what a fool i have been..when I think of How It Once Was...and how far we have come..
[Edited by tumbled]
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)