ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1988 Timothy White
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones Books Return to archive
10-29-03 09:35 AM
Stones Fan, Gar Any suggestions for books about the Stones or by a Stone for Christmas gifts. I am so hard to buy for, friends and family might need some help this year. Thanks, Gar.
10-29-03 09:41 AM
caro Suggest "Exile", by Dominique Tarlé. Make sure they promise to buy it for you, before you give further details.

If it didn't work, you could get "A life on the road".. .There's not much text, but plenty of quotes and great photos (mainly stage pics), from the 60's on until now. (I think it was published during BTB?)
10-29-03 12:25 PM
padre Bill Wyman's "Rolling with the Stones" , Bernson's & Karnbach's "IORR-The Ultimate Guide" (although it has quite a lot mistakes, I've heard...)and Stephen Barnard´s "Street Fighting Years" seem to be the ones that dwell into most often.
But someday owning that "Exile".....grrrlll...makes me drool like Homer Simpson.
10-29-03 04:07 PM
SHINE A LIGHT suggest martin elliot's new book about the sessions.
10-29-03 04:14 PM
Joey

" OLD GODS ALMOST DEAD " is an absolute Masterpiece and was No. # 1 on the NY Times Best Seller list throughout the summer of 2001 and has sold over five million copies to date in the United States Alone .

" Stone Alone " by Bill Wyman was released in 1990 and was No. # 1 on the NY Times Best Seller's list for an unprecedented two and 1/2 years and has sold over three hundred and fifty million copies world wide ( including one million copies alone in Ceylon ) . Many hotel chains across this orb ( including Marriott , Hilton and the Days Inn Chain ) have replaced the Bible in all of their rooms with Wyman's lucid and refreshing tome .

Most school children site the following passage from page 366 as their favorite : " And on this night , Mick Jagger slept with Linda Eastman . "

--- Thank You

The Joey , Established 1999 !

10-29-03 10:21 PM
c.k. Hey, this is my first time posting here. I got According to the Rolling Stones today and it is pretty good and I'd recommend it. Has some really great pictures that I'd never seen before. Another good Stones book is Keith Richards the biography by Victor Bockris.
10-30-03 02:21 AM
Kjell
quote:
Stones Fan, Gar wrote:
Any suggestions for books about the Stones or by a Stone for Christmas gifts. I am so hard to buy for, friends and family might need some help this year. Thanks, Gar.

A few books
PB=paperbackcover/softcover, HC=Hard cover/bound cover, Pics means got picture of front cover to send you.

David Dalton:The Rolling Stones/The first twenty years.PB,Alfred A. Knopf,ISBN 0-394-70812-1,LP size,US$10 (pics)
D.Fricke/R. Sandall: Rolling Stones/Images of the world tour 1989 – 1990.PB,Simon & Schuster,ISBN 0-671-74258-2,Excellent-,US$5, (pics)
P. Norman: The Stones,HC,Elm Tree Books,ISBN 0-241-11065-3,Very good,US$5

US$ + postal fee.

If more info needed feel free to ask,

Kjell

10-30-03 03:11 AM
marko If u want pictures,Crossfire Hurricayne.
10-30-03 09:29 AM
Stones Fan, Gar Thanks everyone, I will have to check them all out, I'll be making my list and checking twice. Thanks, Gar
10-30-03 01:51 PM
SHINE A LIGHT any of the stones' books from genesis publications are great: exile,crossfire hurricane,please allow me(this one has a written letter included by mick taylor),wood on canvas.....they really have everything!
10-30-03 01:57 PM
padre You're damn right about that! If you have the dough (and I mean LOTS of it) the Genesis Publications really are the ones to get. No doubt about that.
10-30-03 02:19 PM
jb 1)Up and Down With the RS
2)Stone Alone
3)Keith Richards(by Vicor Bockris)
4)According to the RS
5) Life on the Road
10-30-03 02:42 PM
Joey

Full Moon
Maximun R & B
Dear Boy ( The Keith Moon Story )
Before I Get Old
Meaty Beaty Big & Bouncy

What ?!?!?! Oh , OK :

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/results.asp?WRD=rolling+stones&userid=35BOYL9014&sourceid=00002179846867798986&bfdate=10%2D30%2D2003+14%3A39%3A40

10-30-03 05:16 PM
purrcafe Keith by Victor Bokris should be ignored. Actually, all of his books should be ignored. I found that his Patti Smith book had a pretty obvious agenda, and there are enough kiss and tell books out there already. I'm sure people on this board would rather read something factual than the usual gossipy shit that gets passed off as rock journalism. So, no matter what you end up with, don't choose Bokris!