ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1988 Timothy White
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bill on UK TV tomorrow afternoon Return to archive
10-27-03 04:14 PM
Gazza For those of you in the UK, Bill Wyman is a guest on tomorrow's "Richard and Judy" show on Channel 4 at 5 pm.
10-27-03 04:17 PM
glencar Link: http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/R/richardandjudy/
10-27-03 04:23 PM
Gazza thanks, although I think this guest sounds more fun - hope hes not sitting within arms length of Bill...

THE MAN WHO COULD EAT HIMSELF TO DEATH
An undiagnosed childhood brain tumour has left Daniel O'Leary-Williams suffering from permanent ravenous hunger. Damage to his pituitary gland has left him unable to stop thinking about, or eating, food. He is now 24 years old and weighs 25 stone. Daniel will be with us, along with his mother Tracey and his doctor to tell his story of constant craving.

10-27-03 04:28 PM
glencar I had no idea links were so easy on this board. Pretty cool! Ya, that guy did sound interesting. I remember seeing shows over there where the guy had thinning white hair. There was also one with a skinny black woman. They were on the same plane as Oprah/Springer/Montel but with funny accents.
10-27-03 04:50 PM
Gazza >I remember seeing shows over there where the guy had thinning white hair.

KILROY!!

There was also one with a skinny black woman.

TRISHA!!!

You spent a lot of wasted hours in the mornings,mate with this trash!

> They were on the same plane as Oprah/Springer/Montel but with funny accents.

they actually tried the over the top ricki lake/Springer-style formula here a couple of years ago but were exposed because so many of the people who were taking part were 'plants' who were popping up on other shows too. They came to the conclusion (thankfully) that Brits are just too reserved and not so desperate for publicity at any cost as your average "Jerr-eee!" trailer trash. "Trisha" is by UK standards as bad as it gets.

10-27-03 04:54 PM
glencar Those were the people! LOL I didn't spend too much time with the shows. More while getting ready in the morning. Springer has had falsies at various times but his audience doesn't care. He was once Mayor of Cincinnatti(sp) but lost his job in a prostitution sting. He paid her off with a personal check. He's quite dumb if you haven't seen his show.
10-27-03 05:12 PM
Gazza >Those were the people! LOL I didn't spend too much time with the shows. More while getting ready in the morning.

Thats what everybody says. believe me,no one admits to watching this shite.

> Springer has had falsies at various times but his audience doesn't care.

theyre probably too dumb to know.

>He was once Mayor of Cincinnatti(sp) but lost his job in a prostitution sting. He paid her off with a personal check. He's quite dumb if you haven't seen his show.

oh hes huge here too, I can assure you. His show I actually find entertaining if I'm in the right mood because unlike the other ones its proud to be trashy and doesnt really pretend to be otherwise. The disturbing thing though is that the man whose name and whose show is a symbol for all thats trashy in the US.... is actually British by birth.
10-27-03 05:22 PM
glencar So's Kim Catrall. Brit, I mean.
10-27-03 05:22 PM
glencar I get that "Parky" guy & that gay guy. He had Jerry Hall once.
10-27-03 06:15 PM
Gazza Oh yeah, Parky is the maestro

gay guy? do you mean Graham Norton (bald,Irish,camp as fuck, incredibly vulgar, first came to prominence in a cameo on "Father Ted", the greatest sitcom of the last 20 years..)?
10-28-03 04:57 AM
Hannalee
quote:
glencar wrote:
So's Kim Catrall. Brit, I mean.

I was at school (briefly) with KC.

Gazza, I am profoundly disturbed by your familiarity with daytime TV; though not as disturbed as by the fact that I've forgotten to set the video recorder...

Bill's the man of the moment - it's this Thursday he's on Radio2, isn't it?
10-28-03 03:18 PM
Gazza >Gazza, I am profoundly disturbed by your familiarity with daytime TV; though not as disturbed as by the fact that I've forgotten to set the video recorder...

I've wasted many an hour in hotel rooms waiting for Mrs Gazza to get ready to go somewhere. Thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it. That plus the fact that I feel you have to be aware of these visual atrocities in order to make a point of avoiding them when necessary. Its a vicious circle.

Not a bad interview with Bill. He looked very well for his age. Unfortunately his wife Suzanne miscarried a while back when pregnant with their 4th child,which would have been a boy this time, but he was in good form.
10-28-03 03:29 PM
glencar Yeah, Graham Norton. He's funny for a few minutes but I don't appreciate most of his audience interaction. Stretches on for too long, for my taste.
10-29-03 10:36 PM
Steel Wheels This might be the first time in written history that Bill Wyman and the term "man of the hour" have been used in the same context.
10-30-03 03:37 AM
Hannalee BBC Radio2 8.00pm (20.00)GMT today on the Paul Jones show. Cometh the hour, cometh the man.
10-30-03 05:30 PM
Gazza Good interview too! Just found by chance when I was soakin' in the tub!

I liked the way he rubbished that Keith story ("Keith does like to rewrite history!") about how the first time they arrived at Chess Studios, Muddy Waters was supposedly painting the ceiling because he wasnt selling enough records (interesting that Bill mentioned how much marshall Chess was pissed off at Keith saying that because Muddy was at the time their biggest selling and most resepcted artist and he would never have been treated that disrespectfully). Muddy DID help them carry their guitars in to the studio, though!
10-30-03 05:37 PM
Scot Rocks Damn, missed them both, was there any specific reason for the interviews. If I remember correctly Bill was on Richard and Judy a while ago, and Radio 2 with Steve Wright, when promoting his book. Good to hear he is doin alright though.

10-30-03 05:45 PM
Gazza The Rhythm Kings are on tour next month in the UK, which seems to be the main reason behind the "R&J" interview.

The radio 2 show is a R&B programme,so most of the subject matter centred around that type of music. His "Blues Odyssey" book and DVD were mentiond prominently even though theyve been available for a while
10-31-03 05:59 AM
Hannalee Can anyone tell me if it's possible to record shows off the radio on the web? (in theory, that is, as in practice my CD drive's bust anyway). I'd have liked to get the Johnny Cash documentary, too.