ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1988 Timothy White
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Al Franken's great book Return to archive
10-27-03 03:25 PM
jb I purchased "Lies" by Al Franken this weekend and it is a really an enlightening and funny read.
10-27-03 03:28 PM
glencar "Treason" by Ann Coulter is a great read. Someone gave me a copy of that fat guy's last book (Michael Moore) but I have never started it. He does give good title though. Franken is a putz though.
10-27-03 03:30 PM
sandrew Franken's a hack. He's not even funny, which is the most unforgivable thing of all. I'd look past his idiotic politics if he made me laugh.
10-27-03 03:31 PM
glencar That's why I didn't buy O'Reilly's latest (or his previous ones for that matter).
10-27-03 03:33 PM
jb Well, I am a liberal with a liberal bias but I do support Bush on his 'War on Terrorism"..What I like about the book is how it exposes Fox news, Ann Coulter, Sean hannity and the like for being hypercrites..
10-27-03 03:52 PM
glencar First off, what's a "hypercrite"? A really busy phony? Secondly, we all have our biases & lil hypocrisies. I saw Faggy Franken on CSPAN atatck O'Reilly for saying he won a Peabody Award when in reality Bill won a Polk award. That's not quite a lie, Al. It's known as a mistake. Al's a turd that gets flushed soon enough. Plus he bores me easily.
10-27-03 03:55 PM
jb I not saying the left aren't hypocrites either...but come on Glencar, Fox News is as "fair and balanced" as NPR.
10-27-03 04:09 PM
glencar I agree with you there. The fact is though the Right has FOX/WSJ/WashTimes & the Left has the 3 nets, the NY Times, WashPost & NPR et alia.
10-27-03 04:24 PM
Fiji Joe Hard to take anything Stuart Smalley says seriously...stick with SNL and stay out of politics
10-27-03 04:27 PM
Fiji Joe "...but come on Glencar, Fox News is as "fair and balanced" as NPR."

If I ever hear a dissenting opinion on NPR I'll agree with you, but as of yet, I have not heard one...

At least Fox offers viewers Alan Colmes (sic)...the ugliest man on the planet...if that guy is the face of the left, give me a dictatorship anyday

10-27-03 04:29 PM
jb Colmes is really a moderate who tends to get one word in for every ten Hannity gets in....he also seems to agree with Hannity more often than not...
10-27-03 04:29 PM
glencar I post at one board where the other posters are all to the left of me. I mostly lurk because it's hard "discussing" things with idiots who won't listen.
10-27-03 04:30 PM
glencar I agree with Hannity more often than not. I'd think you'd like him more, Josh. He loves Israel & always has this boring rabbi on his show.
10-27-03 04:36 PM
jb Like i said, I am liberal but support Bush on the war..i agree hannity is also pro Israel and i agree with him on that...What pisses me off is when he acts so hurt about what the "left" is saying about Bush, when they called Clinton every name in the book, including murderer.
10-27-03 04:41 PM
glencar Well, the murder cahrges were lunacy but much of teh otehr stuff about that POS is probably true.
10-27-03 04:43 PM
jb Your a smart guy..you know that most of it was partisan bullshit....It's all politics asusual whether from the left or right...nothing fucking gets done.
10-27-03 04:44 PM
glencar Mann, my typos are funny today. Where's Joey?
10-27-03 04:45 PM
glencar I think it goes beyond politics as usual. Politics as usual is what you see locally. Nationally, I think we've got a sharp partisan divide but I don't think people are playing partisan games. They believe what they say.
10-27-03 07:07 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Eh. I hate Franken and O'Reilly equally - both windbags on the far sides of the left and right, respectively. Michael Moore's the exact same way. Jerks, the lot of them. When they stop yelling "Your side is dumb!" and find a way to make life better, then I'd start listening.

-tSYX --- You're my witness...
10-28-03 09:12 AM
Joey

Three Words :

" Supply Side Jesus " !

Kins !
10-28-03 10:11 AM
jb I knew the boad would suffer when those people attacked us and made us stop our routinue...and now SDH is gone...
10-28-03 10:19 AM
Joey " I knew the boad would suffer when those people attacked us and made us stop our routinue...and now SDH is gone... "

It really IS a shame , isn't it Josh ?!?!?!

Some individuals absolutely HATE to see others having a lot of fun .

I just don't understand ..................so much hate in the world when all we do is LOVE .

Josh , I really do fear that our Baby Steelie is gone for good . He was extremely intelligent and graced everyone here on this most prodigious of message boards with his vital and coherent Stones Knowledge .....not to mention infectious sense of humor and illuminating and compelling jeremiads on copious topics .

Indeed , I feel a tremendous sense of loss that I have not experienced since September of 1978 when Keith Moon left us all .............................................

What ?!?!?! Oh , sure .............Here ya GO !!!:

www.KeithMoon.com

" Bite Me HARD Ronnie "

Jacky !

10-28-03 10:47 AM
jb Look- SDH is a great guy...if guys like you and I, 2 of the biggest goofs in the history of internet posting , don't support him it would be very hypercritical. SDH has an infectious personality, a great wit, and truth be told, knows more about the Stones then 99.9% of the posters here. I think he takes things a little too personal...As you know Joey, I have been the target of many belicose like posts even to the point where I have been threatened. Many others simply find my posts annoying, childish, repetitive, boring, off-topic hijacking. Nonetheless, I made a promise to Jaxx, Vodoo, and Gazza that I would continue to post and not let the board suffer, particularly at a slow time like the present, when the Stone's tour has concluded. I have found support through people like you,SDH, parmeda, Dutch Rik, Factory Girl, Telecaster, Boomy , Moonie, nanker, Egon, SIA, Throbby, and a host of other creative, remarkable people. You , me, and SDH fought the "good" fight and although we have our detractors, we shall carry on for the sake of the Stones and our fellow board members.
10-28-03 11:02 AM
Joey " You , me, and SDH fought the "good" fight and although we have our detractors, we shall carry on for the sake of the Stones and our fellow board members. "

Josh ................Seriously , I would like to clutch you to my bosom and softly and gently stroke your young , moist , sweaty , glistening young Joshy Jewish forehead and just say , ...............well .................." Thanks ! " my Brother for being so damn smart and clever .

You are much loved by the Jacky !

" Hammer Me Hard Ronnie "

JOESKEE !

10-28-03 11:35 AM
Fiji Joe You guys use too many big words
10-28-03 11:39 AM
Joey " You guys use too many big words "

Word to Your GrandPappy !

" Where's My Baby Steelie Ronnie ? "

Skee !

10-28-03 03:28 PM
glencar Steelie will be back. But Al Franken will always be a twat.