ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1988 Timothy White
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Still Life Return to archive Page: 1 2
10-28-03 05:21 PM
glencar RIP Rerun.
10-28-03 05:41 PM
Some Guy jb, will a money tree grow in Georgia? And are ya ready for the Dawgs?!
10-29-03 04:33 AM
Zeeta Love Still Life artwork though the pic of Keith + Mick really laughing and that REALLY FUCKED UP face Keef is pulling inside the back cover. Scary but cool!

"All right sugar pop!!!!!!!!!"
10-29-03 10:25 AM
Gimme Shelter I remember winning "Still Life" off of the radio before it came out.
10-29-03 10:30 AM
Joey

I fear the Monkey in your souls .

NINEA ABS SHAE MONKEE !

Skee !

10-29-03 10:34 AM
jb Yes Zeeta..Mick looks like an idiot on the promo..like a shiny faced baby...
10-29-03 10:51 AM
Joey " like a shiny faced baby... "

Baby ?!?!?!

BABY STEELIE ?!?!?!

[ Unprecedented Editing Performance by the Jacky ! ]

Skee !
10-29-03 03:26 PM
Zeeta

The above pic is the one I am talkin' about in my previous post! He looks like "mother" from Psycho!!!!

Nolted!
10-29-03 05:37 PM
glencar "Still Life" has a bittersweet connection for me. It came out when I was in my first full flush of Stones ecstasy. However, I was driving down the street at a high clip & totaled a Honda while listening to "Satisfaction" from the then-new "SL." I mostly play Stones in the car so the odds are likely that I'd have some sort of association but still...
10-29-03 05:44 PM
Gazza >But I thought they mostly played large outdoor stadiums on that tour with a few exceptions ...

nope, there were several arena shows on that tour -
3 each in new jersey,Chicago, Largo
2 each in new York, hartford, Cleveland, hampton and Kansas city
and one each in Louisville (which also had a stadium show), ST Paul, St Louis, Cedar Falls

they also played theatre shows in Rockford,Illinois (as a result of a radio phone petition!) and Atlanta

so pretty much half of the shows were in arenas or theatres.

the vast majority of shows in Sept-October were in stadiums with most of the Nov-dec shows taking place either in arenas or large indoor domes such as those in Pontiac, Syracuse and New Orleans.

The European tour the following summer was exclusively stadiums apart from three arena shows in Frankfurt and an outdoor ampitheatre in Berlin, plus the three theatre shows in Scotland played as a warm up as they couldnt get permission to play a stadium there. they also played the 100 Club show in london just after that.

It wasnt until "Steel Wheels" tour in 1989 that they started playing almost exclusively in stadiums in the US.
10-30-03 01:36 AM
palacerevolution I hate Still life. Only one worse is Flashpoint. Why did they even bother releasing this so-called Live disc? So lame, even the studio sounds more alive. Best thing about the '81 tour was the fact that it was the last time it was the true Stones line up with Mac on keys. Although ernie watts makes up for the absence of the yet non present Leavell. It's odd that the two tunes that are mostly listed as faves from this album are the two covers 20 flight and Gogo. better to stick with the boots.
Page: 1 2