ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1988 Timothy White
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Who is today's header supposed to be? Return to archive Page: 1 2
10-27-03 08:29 AM
Sir Stonesalot No offense...but I can't tell who it is.
10-27-03 08:30 AM
Sir Stonesalot Janis Ian?
10-27-03 08:46 AM
LadyJane Looks like Mick Taylor to me!

LadyJ.
10-27-03 08:50 AM
Factory Girl Mick Taylor by the ghost of Van Gogh.

You're still distraught about Ford trucks.
10-27-03 08:53 AM
Sir Stonesalot Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

That makes sense.

I thought it was supposed to be Jagger.

Or Janis Ian.

Or a bull dyke lesbian.
10-27-03 09:08 AM
Factory Girl It could be an abstract painting.

The Strokes new cd is out tomorrow!! I can't wait!!!

Best Buy at lunch, Ronnie!!!
10-27-03 09:31 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl It's Mick Taylor by Miss U

10-27-03 09:35 AM
Sir Stonesalot So FG, they both come out on the same day....

Iggy & The Stooges-Skull Ring
Strokes-Whateverthehellthenameofthenewstrokesrecordis

You buying both?

I think the new Strummer is out tomorrow too.
10-27-03 09:49 AM
Factory Girl WOW, I did not know about Skull ring by the Stooges!! Any New songs??

If Best Buy has both, I'll get both!!
10-27-03 09:53 AM
Factory Girl Skull Ring released 11/4/2003

1. Little Electric Chair - (with The Stooges)

2. Perverts In The Sun

3. Skull Rings - (with The Stooges)

4. Superbabe

5. Loser - (with The Stooges)

6. Private Hell - (with Green Day)

7. Little Know It All - (with Sum 41)

8. Whatever

9. Dead Rock Star - (with The Stooges)

10. Rock Show - (with Peaches)

11. Here Comes The Summer

12. Motor Inn - (with Peaches)

13. Inferiority Complex

14. Supermarket - (with Green Day)

15. Till Wrong Feels Right

16. Blood On My Cool/Nervous Exhaustion - (hidden song)
10-27-03 09:55 AM
Sir Stonesalot I was wrong on the release date...Stooges on Nov 4th.

Yes, all new songs, 4 by the Stooges line up Iggy/Ron A/Scott A/Mike Watt.

They have song snippets up at CDnow.

And the title is indeed a tip of the hat to Keith.
10-27-03 11:02 AM
Martha Isn't the Strokes latest called "Room On Fire"? They made the cover of the last Rolling Stones magazine (Issue 935)....(oh....please don't lambast me again for subcribing to it SS) along with an interview.

Commenting on the header;...Mick looks almost exactly like my cousin Bali did when she was around 14 years old during his Circus daze. I can't watch that footage without seeing her in his face...strange...but true.

Are you woman?

Are you man?

10-27-03 11:08 AM
Factory Girl Yes, Martha it is "Room On Fire". The Strokes are on the cover of RS??? You know, Jules is prettier than Britney & Xtina. And the Strokes have talent...my favorite combo.
10-27-03 11:44 AM
Martha
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Yes, Martha it is "Room On Fire". The Strokes are on the cover of RS??? You know, Jules is prettier than Britney & Xtina. And the Strokes have talent...my favorite combo.

These guys are young enough to be my kids..so I haven't really checked out their "looks' but I'll take your word on it! I'm more interested in their talent...which I need to check out further.
10-27-03 01:32 PM
Miss U. Yes it's Mick Taylor as he looks now; it's pretty obvious.
The catty comments mean nothing... must be jealous or something.

10-27-03 01:39 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Arrg! Too many new albums to buy! Curse the internet for widening my horizons!

Naw, just kidding. Bless the internet for widening my horizons.

Too much to listen to, not enough time to listen to it in...

-tSYX --- Choose life.
10-27-03 03:19 PM
glencar People still get Rolling Stone? I couldn't take the BS covers & the wretched politics.
10-27-03 03:23 PM
Factory Girl New cds I just bought-The Libertines &the Datsuns & Mad At Gravity.

New cds I'm getting-The Strokes & Iggy/Stooges.
10-28-03 06:22 AM
bez85 I recomend the two new ones by Paul Westerberg, Feel Me Tremble,and Dead Man Shake..lots of stonesian guitars and sloppiness..great stuff
10-28-03 08:59 AM
Sir Stonesalot I'm not being catty...I seriously didn't know who it was supposed to be.

And it does sort of look like Janis Ian.

But now that I know who it is, it's pretty obvious. Certainly better than I could do. I never really advanced much past stick figures.

It is impossible to draw a stick figure of Mick Taylor. Unless, of course, you use a very W I D E pen.

(Attention all Rocks Offers: The above comment is just a joke, and a bad one at that. I couldn't even tell you if little Mick is still fat. It is very possible that he started on Slimfast or the Aitkens Diet and dropped about 60 pounds. The comment is not to be taken seriously. This in no way reflects the opininons of the Board Admin, or it's denizens. The author apologizes if any offense was taken by anyone past, present, or future, who may be offended by a fat joke.)

(Attention all Rocks Offers: The above parethetical was entirely too long. The author wishes to apologize for his lack of editing skill, and long windedness. It was certainly not my intention to keep you reading this post for so long. I wanted to make just a short, quick, post on the subject. And now look at it, more than 200 words and climbing. The word count keeps going higher and higher, but nothing of substance is being added, yet still it goes...on and on and on. It's quite ridiculous. Or as I have been know to say "Ricockulous". There is a wrestler now who also says "ricockulous". I immediately called my old pal from High School. I says "Mike, man, that Y2J guy is using our word! He keeps saying ricockulous. No man, I'm not kidding. I know, I know we've been saying ricockulous for at least 20 years now. He still on the TV, turn it on.....channel 37 here, I don't know what schannel it is on your cable. THERE THERE! Did ya hear it? He said it again! Can we sue him for that?". True story.)

(Attention all Rocks Offers: Sorry for telling you the "ricockulous" story. It doesn't have anything to do with the original topic of this post. Which, of course, I have now forgetten, and am way too lazy to scroll all the way back up to the top to see what it is. I'm sure there was a point, I just forget what it was. I'll bet it was a good one though. I usually make good points. It's important you know.)
10-28-03 10:29 AM
SHINE A LIGHT Miss U..ignore the ignorant! i knew it was taylor the minute i saw it. i've recently seen him....you've got him down very well!
10-28-03 11:27 AM
tumbling_dice Yes, I knew it was Mick Taylor right away too. Great Job! It is beautiful!
10-28-03 11:46 AM
Joey " Janis Ian? "

She recently got married .......................Yes , to another woman .

" Oh , the pains of Seventeen Ronnie "

Fool if you think it's over ................................I'll buy your first good wine .

Jacky Rea !
10-28-03 11:52 AM
Sir Stonesalot Well excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse ME!

Look, it's not like it's a masterwork by a storied artist or anything. It's fine. I already said it's better than anything I could draw. And once someone told me who it was I saw the resemblence right away. So what the fuck?

I don't understand why this makes me "catty" or "jealous" or "ignorant".

What the fuck is the matter with you people? Wasn't I allowed to find out who it was? Was I just to pretend to know, even though I didn't?

Ah, fuck it.
10-28-03 12:08 PM
andHowe!
quote:
SHINE A LIGHT wrote:
i've recently seen him....you've got him down very well!

My god! I had no idea he was in such dire straits! What on earth could have happened to the boy? I shall set up a charitable fund in due haste.
10-28-03 02:16 PM
Miss U. Thanks, people.
Nice to know I 'did' MT well...ok I couldn't resist. LoL.
10-28-03 02:26 PM
gypsy SS, I didn't know who it was at first either...'til I right-clicked on it yesterday, and it read "mt"-something. Then I knew it was MT.
10-28-03 02:29 PM
Sir Stonesalot I keep forgetting about that right click thing.

Doh!
10-29-03 03:59 PM
catwoman I always thought of Janis Ian as a nebbish.
10-30-03 11:40 PM
Sir Stonesalot Hmmmm....what is a nebbish?

A bull dyke lesbian?
Page: 1 2