ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1988 Timothy White
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The New OutKast Album... (nsc) Return to archive
10-26-03 11:36 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Oh dear. I heard "Hey Ya", the single from the Andre 3000 album The Love Below, on a rock radio station this morning, and really liked it. Something about it sounded like the guy was making an effort. Make this another on the very short list of rap songs that I enjoy.

My question is - should I spring for it and buy the album, even though I know I'll never listen to the more mainstream rap album by the other guy more than once, with the other album possibly suffering the same fate?

Anyone got any advice on if this album's any good?

-tSYX --- Lend me some sugar, I am your neighbor...
10-26-03 11:53 PM
Child of the Moon I like the song a lot - in fact, I really dig many of their songs. One of my roommates bough it, and it's a very strange sort of record, but I enjoyed it a lot. I recommend it, personally.
10-27-03 07:55 AM
egon
quote:
TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:

My question is - should I spring for it and buy the album,

my answer is NO.

just kazaalite the album.

oh yesssssss
10-27-03 10:18 AM
hmps "My question is - should I spring for it and buy the album,"

My answer is sort of yes.

Andre 3000s (as you know the record is devided into two parts: Andre 3000 & Big Boi) part is really good to me. A lot of innovation, and that's always good. He's really trying.
I heard somewhere that Andre was planned to be playing the part as Jimi Hendrix in some upcoming flick. That's why we can hear him playing the guitar (I think) on tunes such as: Hey Ya!.
According to the interview he has been playing the guitar for 2 years now.
If you like rap/hiphop and that sort of stuff this is a really important record. It takes the rap scene a whole step forward with andre 3000s part.

Tip: listen to the "Roses" on Andre 3000s part and if you like it. Buy it.

P.S. I'm not saying Big Bois part is bad. In fact, the rapping is probably better than andres.. I can't make up my mind.
To me, it's a really good record. Go buy it!

P.S II. Big Boi "War".
10-27-03 10:20 AM
hmps "Hey Ya!" is not really a rap song.
It's more a combination - rock/funk/rap.

for the rec^^
10-27-03 10:23 AM
hmps
quote:
hmps wrote:
"My question is - should I spring for it and buy the album,"

My answer is sort of yes.

Andre 3000s (as you know the record is devided into two parts: Andre 3000 & Big Boi) part is really good to me. A lot of innovation, and that's always good. He's really trying.
I heard somewhere that Andre was planned to be playing the part as Jimi Hendrix in some upcoming flick. That's why we can hear him playing the guitar (I think) on tunes such as: Hey Ya!.
According to the interview he has been playing the guitar for 2 years now.
If you like rap/hiphop and that sort of stuff this is a really important record. It takes the rap scene a whole step forward with andre 3000s part.

Tip: listen to "Roses" on Andre 3000s part and if you like it. Buy it.

P.S. I'm not saying Big Bois part is bad. In fact, the rapping is probably better than andres.. I can't make up my mind.
To me, it's a really good record. Go buy it!

P.S II. Big Boi "War".

10-27-03 10:32 AM
hmps hihhii.. pressed the wrong button :S

sry
10-27-03 10:57 AM
Trey Krimsin "The Love Below" is quite different from Speakerboxx, but both are unique from a typical rap record. Andre 3000's album is quite diverse, going from rap, funk, r&b, and even jazz. Big Boi's album is mostly rap, but it seems more innovative, compared to most rap today.
10-27-03 09:59 PM
Some Guy I got it. I like the Andre better, but fat boys is growing on me a little. It's definitely a cool party album, appeals to a wide range of folk. i think it will get better with time. But it's not the exile of rap that I heard it would be.