ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1988 Timothy White
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Poor sales of the Stones on Honk Kong Return to archive
10-26-03 08:53 PM
Soldatti Hong Kong Lawmakers Upset Over SARS Show

HONG KONG - Opposition lawmakers said the government has embarrassed Hong Kong by not properly overseeing a post-SARS (news - web sites) concert series, which has had poor ticket sales.

Prince kicked off the monthlong "Harbor Fest" to a near-capacity crowd Friday as part of Hong Kong's effort to revitalize its image after the SARS outbreak earlier this year.

However, local media reported that many concertgoers had received free tickets and that some of the venue's 13,000 seats had been removed to make the concert appear well-attended.

Organizers said they took down 1,100 seats because they had a poor view of the stage.

British R&B singer Craig David (news)'s performance on Saturday was only 30 percent to 40 percent full, newspapers reported.

"It's very embarrassing," opposition lawmaker Emily Lau said Monday. "If you don't know how to organize the concerts well, then don't do it."

The government has pledged to cover losses of up to $10.2 million.

Financial Secretary Henry Tang said the American Chamber of Commerce (news - web sites), the festival's organizer, lacked experience in entertainment.

"I hope we can all work together to salvage this situation," he told reporters.

He said only half the tickets were sold for Monday's performance featuring Jose Carreras and Charlotte Church (news), adding: "I'm not very pleased."

The Rolling Stones will appear on Nov. 7 and 9. Other acts include Carlos Santana and Westlife.

Incredible: their are comming to these countries on where 95% of the people don't know about who are the Stones and here on Argentina this week we were crazy with the band on the radio, TV, newspapers and people fighting for carry them, and they will play here on February 2005!!!

And in China they will perform on 2 weeks and didn't sell 13,000 tickets?
10-27-03 12:20 AM
parmeda (...jb's going to have a field-day with this one!)
10-27-03 12:18 PM
cwatts0462 who cares man the stones licks tour was very healthy sales wise
so if these hong kong gooks dont wanna go screw them
just enjoy four flicks and wait for the next tour
10-27-03 03:36 PM
Kjell
quote:
cwatts0462 wrote:
who cares man the stones licks tour was very healthy sales wise

Hong Kong is full of people not gooks.
10-27-03 03:43 PM
Gazza >who cares man the stones licks tour was very healthy sales wise

take your racist comments elsewhere
10-27-03 08:34 PM
SHINE A LIGHT no room for racism ANYWHERE. who is the person who posted that bit? i say...get rid of him/her...NOW.
10-27-03 09:00 PM
cwatts0462 sorry for that comment
i was just joking around
i apologize for that
if you want me out i will leave
i do not want this to turn into a fight
gazza if you want me out just tell me
i apologize to the board
10-27-03 10:08 PM
Gazza dont worry about it,mate - youre welcome to post here anytime. just respect the fact that people from all races and nationalities use this place, thats all we ask. Thanks.
10-27-03 10:26 PM
cwatts0462 thanks it wont happen again
10-28-03 02:57 PM
Kjell
quote:
cwatts0462 wrote:
thanks it wont happen again

Sweat as.
Now your Italian Pizza has a better taste.
10-28-03 03:59 PM
sandrew I actually read the story in the first post, and it doesn't directly implicate the Stones, who won't play there for another week.