ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1988 Timothy White
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: LIVE TRIVIA! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10-20-03 12:55 AM
parmeda I am so sorry I missed watching this unfold earlier today
It looked a little frantic there for a while, no?...but all of you did very well under the pressure

Congratulations Cardinal!
I hope you've made wall space for your beautiful prize...

Great job everyone!

10-20-03 01:30 PM
Cardinal Fang THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING !!!

I would like to THANK the following people from the top and bottom of my heart:

Erin, Gary, Gerardo, "Jac", Jonny & Marc, Brian G, Paul W, Shawn Mc. & Scot and Dot, Mike P., Mike A & Larry V, Lew M, Virginia A, Katie, Melody, Rick A, Rick P, Sirmoonie, "Lucy & Ethyl", "Simon", "Iggy", Angel, Gomper, ZSYX, Fernando Aceves, all the people who have already congratulated me, Tracy Lords, Ashlyn Gere, anybody who ever turned me on or bought me a drink or gave me a ride somewhere (or all three), Leo Fender, Fred Gretsch, Chris Martin, Orville Gibson, the people who go to my shows and buy stuff, and also Keith, Charlie, Mick T., "Mike", Ronnie, Perky, Ian, Brian, Nicky and anybody else that I'm probably forgetting. (I know I've got to be forgetting some people)

THANK YOU ALL !!! (Really !!!)

What's really COOL is that I now have my own Rocks Off email address !! It's GOT to be better than the "so-so" one I have now. When I receive the prizes I will take a picture of me with them and send it in so that you will have a NEW picture of me to get sick of looking at !!

Thank's again.

Later, Cardinal Fang

P.S. For Gerardo, you know what I REALLY would like if I may ask ? VHS copy of "The Dub Room Special" ?!?! My copy of "Token Of My Extreme" is about 4th or 5th generation and would like to upgrade. I'll email you privately.

10-20-03 01:36 PM
Tom Congratulations Cardinal you're the best here and this is THE place with the best people
10-20-03 01:56 PM
LadyJane Congrats to Cardy and to all. I am AMAZED at your knowledge and really see no losers in this at all.

TSYX...really enjoyed your summary of RO and what it means to you. I echo your sentiments!!

LadyJ.

10-20-03 05:30 PM
Gazza >I would like to THANK the following people from the top and bottom of my heart:

You forgot our mutual friend "The hedgehog"
10-20-03 05:46 PM
stewed & Keefed Well done man
10-20-03 05:46 PM
Moonisup Congratulations Jimmy!!

I have lurked the first half of the trivia, but it became to late for me! Same country as angie! pfffff haha

Rik
10-20-03 08:04 PM
stonedinaustralia congratulations cardinal - well done - 'tho i must say the writing was on the wall after round one

actually i say congrats to all the finalists - it was no mean feat getting that far

and thanks to the unholy three for organizing the whole thing - and to fernando for the main prize (i think that's right)
10-20-03 10:39 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Cardinal Fang wrote:
P.S. For Gerardo, you know what I REALLY would like if I may ask ? VHS copy of "The Dub Room Special" ?!?! My copy of "Token Of My Extreme" is about 4th or 5th generation and would like to upgrade. I'll email you privately.

No problem, your package will have

1.- First prize, the original Keith photo of Keith signed by Fernando, semiframed... I mean with the "marialuisa"
    2.- A CD of Mick Taylor live in Mexico City edited by me with full art (booklet, back cover and CD sticker)
    3.- Your Rocks Off e-mail address, currently is just a forwarder to your e-mail but we can give you a real account with 5 MB space
    4.- A VHS tape NTSC of the "Dub Room Special"
    5.- A CD of the Grandmothers Live "Eating the Astoria" great!

But there's one problem, I NEED YOUR ADDRESS to send it insured via FedEx, please e-mail me or send me a PM with it
10-21-03 04:08 AM
Cardinal Fang I emailed you a few minutes ago.

Here's my address:

Cardinal Fang
c/o The Richards Family
Redlands Lane
West Wittering, United Kingdom
PO20 8BP

Make sure you waterproof the package because there's a moat outside of the house. :-)

No, wait a minute..................never mind.

Later, Cardinal Fang
10-22-03 03:01 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I added one more: the film by Li'l red rooooooostah on VCD with full art

I recorded the Dub Room Special for you today so the package will be sent tomorrow via FedEx, I did it from my original Beta tape, the sound is great

You'll love "Las Grandmothers Live"

No, we're not going to play 'Cheepnis' - that's right -
10-22-03 04:23 PM
Cardinal Fang Gerardo !!

Mi amigo !!

You are TOO fucking cool !! I'm going to blow your mind and send you some stuff too on your birthday. So when's your birthday ?

I SWEAR to you, (I SWEAR !!) I WAS going to ask you for Rooster's stuff too but I didn't want to be GREEDY. (I SWEAR !!) I thought about it and I decided that I'd rather have The Dub Room Special but now I'm getting BOTH. (Thank's) You are READING my mind. (Are you a "magic mama" ? Do you throw a "mean tarot" ? :-) THANK YOU.

I'm listening to our patron St. Francis right now. (Sydney 6-24-73) GREAT SOUNDBOARD. (You need it ?) You know in about 5 weeks it will be the 10th Anniversary of his death. (Dec. 4th, 1993) It doesn't seem like it's been that long ago. I remember exactly "where I was" when I heard the news. I remember I accidently broke a lamp when I heard the news on MTV. All I had to hear was Kurt Loder saying the words, "Musician Frank Zappa" and I starting saying, "No...No....NO!!!!....NOOOO!!!!...(getting louder-I do that a lot)" I KNEW "what" Kurt was going to say. I threw a couch pillow across the room, nailed a lamp and had it hit the floor. I still miss him. Will you please put up his photo on that day ?

I hope you sent that package to my REAL address in Sacramento ? (check your email) Despite what some people might think, I don't REALLY live at "Redlands". :-)

Thank's again EVERYONE for EVERYTHING. It's been pretty trippy having my friends call my house saying, "Dude, dude, I saw you won that contest. Does that mean you get to meet The Stones now ?" (Some of my friend's reading skills and comprehension are at the "Otis" level)

Love, Father Vivian O'blivion, St. Alphonso and Nanook.

P.S. If Gypsy's reading this ? "Mistress Keith" say's "Hey !!"

10-22-03 08:27 PM
Martha I sorta knew you had it in the bag from the get-go on this one Cardinal. Congrats on the win. I wish I could hug ya' proper right now! ;-)

<-----------------Yeah man, you kow more than I can remember.....way to go!

Love ya Jimmy,
Martha
10-28-03 07:05 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Today at 10:08 AM PT Cardinal Fang received the first prize.

Congratulations!!

It was sent yesterday at 3:26 PM CT, so it arrived in less than 20 hours!

Apparently there’s a one-week delay, but we agreed to add some cool stuff to the package including a video I made from Beta to VHS, that I finished on Wednesday. Since Thursday was nolte time and friday hangover time I sent it yesterday

Final list of prizes, for the first place only

• 1.- First prize, the original Keith photo of Keith signed by Fernando, semiframed... I mean with the "marialuisa"
  • 2.- A CD "GOIN' SOUTH - A HOT NIGHT IN MEXICO CITY" by Mick Taylor live in Mexico City edited by me with full art (booklet, back cover and CD sticker)
  • 3.- Your Rocks Off REAL e-mail address, not the forwarder you currently have, but a real account with 5 MB space
  • 4.- A VHS tape NTSC of the "Dub Room Special"
  • 5.- A CD of the Grandmothers Live "Eating the Astoria" great!
  • 6.- A VCD of The Rolling Stones at the MSG 1972 filmed by Roostah and edited by me 30 years later, with full art and CD sticker
  • 7.- An original photo of Frank Zappa taken by a friend
  • 8.- A Cool biz card! LOL
  • 9.- Good vibes from the south of the border

! Felicidades grandìsmo recabròn !
10-28-03 07:08 PM
glencar Interesting contest. One small question though: What's the B-side to Anybody Seen My Baby? Is there one?
10-28-03 10:14 PM
Cardinal Fang Gerardo !!!

Guess what I found behind a bush in my front yard ? THE PRIZES lol !!!!!!!

I saw your post that said they were delivered at 10 am, I didn't find them until about 3 pm !!! They were behind this bush by my front door (next to the dental floss bush)

Thank You

Thank You

Thank You

Thank You !!!

I am just amazed at how beautiful ALL OF THIS is !!! As far as the cover art and packaging goes Gerardo, it's even better than my own !!! (No mean feat)

Again I would like to thank Gerardo, G-Man, Jaxx, Fernando, Ed Kruszewski, Zappa and your friend who took the Zappa photo (I knew it HAD to be original)

Thank's for the business card too and phone number. Don't be too surprised if I call you drunk some night with my bad spanish !! Mi espaniol mui mallo. Thank's for personalizing everything too. Mui impressioso. (Yes, mi espaniol spelling is bad-no spell check !!)

I'm watching Dub Room right now. Man what a MAJOR upgrade in quality from my version of "Token Of My Extreme". It's so good that I'm noticing things that were just simply unnoticable on my version. Like for example there is a camera man standing behind George Duke. (my version is just "fuzz") For your birthday I will send you a copy of "Token". Think of it as a token of my.........appreciation. The claymation at the beginning is WAY DIFFERENT. I also have noticed different sound effects added on Chester's Gorilla, etc. You will see for yourself.

THANK YOU ALL AGAIN.

Later, Cardinal Fang

10-28-03 10:35 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Cardinal Fang wrote:
I saw your post that said they were delivered at 10 am, I didn't find them until about 3 pm !!! They were behind this bush by my front door (next to the dental floss bush)

LOL

Can't believe they left the package there as I sent it INSURED for $1,000 USD (I paid only $5.00 USD for it) but now I'm glad you finally get it and enjoyed it
10-28-03 10:45 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl One more thing I forgot, sorry...

For the Mick Taylor booklet, with some great photos of Mick, Max and the band, you need to stick them...

ObFzappa: Nobody's perfect, I guess so

The photo of Mick and me was taken by Max Middleton
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9