ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1988 Timothy White
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: LIVE TRIVIA! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10-19-03 07:44 PM
Angiegirl We were Jimmy:

> Ok, all of you have the 10 questions in your Private Messages, they were posted all at the very same time

Let's wait 20 minutes for your answers, remember it's better to send the questions on time that the whole thing later as we won't count the answers posted after the 20 minutes

By Gerardo
10-19-03 07:45 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Well, as Keith is fond of quoting, Jimmy, I think "you win again" this time. Let's see what happens.

-tSYX --- Slipping away...
10-19-03 07:47 PM
Angiegirl 1: Jimmy
2: Gomper
3: tSYX
4: Angie

Just a guess
10-19-03 07:48 PM
Cardinal Fang
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Ok, I'm going to send the 10 quations by e-mail (I already sent them to Gazza) but as he already approved I will send them right now

DON'T POST THE ANSWERS HERE, BUT POST A REPLY MESSAGE HERE TO LET US KNOW YOU SENT THEM

SEND THE ANNSWES TO

[email protected] and [email protected]

In the meantime as two questions had no right answers here's a bonus

The above posted by VooDoo is what I saw. I thus went to my email and the rest is history.

Nowhere does it mention "PM".

Jimmy :-)
10-19-03 07:51 PM
Angiegirl But ya know we love ya anyway, right, Jimmy?

God, almost 2am. Sleepy...yawn.
10-19-03 07:52 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Go team go! Answer before Angie passes out like that cat on the radio!
10-19-03 07:52 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:
Since technically third and fourth get the same prize, I think we can say we're tied.

So, wanna trade then?

No, I'm not drunk.

And I'm not sitting on my radio at the moment. Maybe I will in a few minutes

[Edited by Angiegirl]
10-19-03 07:56 PM
Angiegirl Gerardo and Gary, are u having discussions over the correct answers or something, lol!
10-19-03 07:57 PM
Cardinal Fang
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
But ya know we love ya anyway, right, Jimmy?

God, almost 2am. Sleepy...yawn.

We Love Youuuuuuu. Congrat's on your 1000 post !! One of these days I will visit Holland. Will you give us the tour ? I hope you get some.........sleep tonight, Honey, just warn your friends...........S L E E P ...... :-)
10-19-03 07:59 PM
Angiegirl Sure, I'll give you the tour. I'll show you every wind mill, cow, wooden shoe, tulip and cheese factory in Holland.
10-19-03 08:03 PM
gomper Ok. I've got to go.

It was a good time.

Good luck.
Angiegirl
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
We're counting, in some minutes you'll have the final score

Hmmm...
Cardinal Fang I'm interested in Dutch beer, Dutch girls, Dutch hash. Not necessarily in that order either. Windmill's would be cool too. Dutch Dykes would be cool too. :-)

About Dutch windmills, I think Billy Preston said it best, "Will It Go Round In Circles ?" Obviously Billy had never seen a windmill before in his life. Either that or he had been up for a few too many days ?

Later, Jimmy
VoodooChileInWOnderl Angiegirl,

Regardless that we are double checking (I sent Gazza the scores) you're 4th place so have a sweet stones dream (a wet one) and wait for your package (you'll love it it will have a special surprise for you) and it's the same that the third place as we explained before

good nite
10-19-03 08:04 PM
Cardinal Fang
quote:
gomper wrote:
Ok. I've got to go.

It was a good time.

Good luck.

You too !!!
Angiegirl Yeah, me too, I wanna go to bed actually. Gerardo, any idea ow long it will take? Is it worth my wait?
Angiegirl Sorry, didnt refresh
10-19-03 08:08 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy I'm not waitin' on a lady...
I'm just waitin' awwwn a friend...
10-19-03 08:08 PM
Angiegirl Cool I'm 4th. As long as I tell nobody there were only 4 people in the final, it will sound impressing!

Seriously guys, I'm glad I participated, it was an honour to do this with you impressive people. And Gary, Gerardo and Jaxx: thank you SOOOO much for doing this, all the effort and time you put into this, during a Stones Tour, that's really cool. You are the coolest people on the planet, so big kisses and THANK YOU!!!

I can't wait for that package!

Love y'all, thank you very much, thank you very kindly, good night, sleep tight, I know I will.

See ya!!
10-19-03 08:46 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Final Score

10-19-03 08:54 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Final score and podium!

1.- Cardinal Fang (USA) 16.50

2.- Gomper (México) 12.08

3.- TheSavageYoungXyzzy (USA) 8.09

4.- Angiegirl (Holland) 5.33

10-19-03 08:56 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Cardinal

Do you have the CD "Eating the Astoria" by the Grandmothers? I can add this to your package

10-19-03 08:57 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Gomper

You are saving me some P&H so just call me or e-mail me, your prizes are ready, unless I think you already have the mix I made of the Mick Taylor Live in Mexico City, am I right?
10-19-03 08:58 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Please Cardinal and TSYX e-mail me your addresses to send the packages tomorrow I only have Angie's
10-19-03 09:06 PM
Gazza Congratulations Jimmy and well done,all four of you.

Your knowledge is pretty scary!!!
10-19-03 09:12 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Now you all have an additional e-mail address

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

If you want to change it for another just let me know. They are already directed to the addresses you used for the trivia
10-19-03 09:16 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I'm so tired now to change header, so I think as an additional prize Cardinal Fang will be the header for tomorrow
10-19-03 09:48 PM
steel driving hammer This thread is just like before when the Stones come on stage! All warm, loose, ready, serious and most important, having a great fucking time!

Rock on man.

Great stuff!
10-19-03 10:30 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Just so y'all know...

This was incredibly fun. I had an absolute blast, from day one until now. I *never* thought I'd get this far, and I love the fact that everyone had a good time, regardless of what place they got in. I was happy just to play, and as we kept on keepin' it real, I think we had the craziest time, all of us, what with rule checks, spell checks, time checks, fact checks, and the infamous 56k Modem Check (bless the Dussenberg that I got Cable Modem for round 3, Ronnie!), and everything else. The reason why I love Rocks Off so much is because we're one big dysfunctional family, with the Unholy Trinitarians as our commune leaders or some hippie crap like that, and though we do crazy stuff like this and occasionally go off topic, it's never in a bad way. We're always the rowdiest group of Stones fans out there, never overboard about it (well, most of the time...) but always ready to get into it. And we don't rehash the same tired debates again and again, and that way I think we're always fresh and friendly, in our bizarre sort of way.

Plus, what other board has a Ladies Mick-Jumping Team? Riddle me that! As usual, there's no competition between the boards, which I think is fantastic, because we're so open to sharing the music, so it's all a matter of personal preference. Doug's place is all-around flat-out great, IORR is invaluable, Keno's got an eclectic crowd of his own, so it's all a matter of who you are - and because of who I am, I happen to think this is the best damn Stones site on the web.

Rock on, Unholy Trinitarians! Thank you again for putting this wonderful, wonderful trivial pursuit together!

Pie Waits For No One!

-tSYX.
10-19-03 10:36 PM
gomper Ni pedo, thanks for the trivia, for the next time don't allow the winners of previous trivias to participate (lol).

Congratulations Cardinal, it is amazing your knowledge but you are very quejumbroso, I have 56 kps dial-up connection too and I can't open more than one window browser, without mention that I was expecting to see the questions on the board until I realize I had to review my e-mail site.

Good night.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9