ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1988 Timothy White
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Nolte Time Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
10-23-03 07:29 AM
Some Guy Ha-Ha. But it should be International Nolte Night, this is the world wide web. INN!! world wide
10-23-03 07:44 AM
Jumacfly you mean world wine??
well, my great pleasure is arriving at home, putting MSG 2003 and enjoying that pure intro, makes my heart beat , many souvenirs from this summer, well, and then lighting my big joint .....
a friend of mine made me a great surprise this week end by rolling an enormous one , the same as my avatar.....then i became black too, with big red eyes!!!
10-23-03 09:29 AM
luxury1 Gypsy--are you injured or something? What is up with Vicodin and valium--?
I agree-- Mickey Rourke is one weird dude--have you seen him lately? He is utterly unrecognizable. Either a bad face lift or too many punches to the head or both, I guess. I do think he is an intense actor. I tend to watch anything he is in--his work amazes me.
10-23-03 10:44 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
.....then i became black too, with big red eyes!!!

Now THAT is a Nolt that even Nolte himself would be envious of!

Cheers!
10-23-03 06:30 PM
Some Guy Nolte time is upon us!
10-23-03 06:37 PM
gypsy Lux, I have had 6 jaw reconstructive surgeries from a car wreck in 1994. I wish I'd have had one of these RO guys as a lawyer. I was young and healthy...and didn't even think about suing the lady whose fault the accident was. Anyways, I have to take the valium for muscle spasm and the vicodin for pain. But, not all the time...I try to NOT take them when I can. And my docs actually get mad at me for not taking them before the pain starts. I have good days and bad days...but I'm able to work and exercise, and am still extremely active.
I've got a good one about Mickey Rourke for you. Y'know how my dad trained boxers? Well, there's a boxing promoter who I am not going to name...he has a cousin who was pro and very famous. Anyways, this promoter fights Mickey in the early 90's...and the fight is fixed, okay? Mickey gives the guy an extra $15,000 to lose, and keeps sending women up to this promoter's hotel room the night before the fight. Well, the promoter TRIES to lose to Mickey in the ring...I mean, he is boxing as awful as he possibly can without looking too fake. But, the fight ends up being a "draw." And I used to love Mickey...before the plastic surgery and the wife-beating...loved him in "Barfly." But I lost all respect for the man when I found out this story. I actually saw them fighting on some show like "Hard Copy" or "Current Affair." And I recognized the promoter...that's when I called my dad and got the scoop on what really went down during the 'fight.'
10-23-03 07:09 PM
Some Guy gypsy, that was news to me about the fight. You'll be ok a friend of mine was on the same meds for a time after an accident and he is all good now. On occassion he would toss me a vicatin and I would just melt. Good times, damn good times
10-23-03 08:17 PM
gypsy Yeah, the meds are tough. It's like, I know I can't take them for the rest of my life...or, I don't want to, y'know. But, I know that this is a pain that I will always have...if I'd have known that I'd have had to go through so many surgeries, and stay out of college for a couple of years, I would have sued that woman.
10-23-03 08:30 PM
Some Guy Man that sux, I'm gonna do a semi-Nolte tonight in preparation for Fri.
10-23-03 08:44 PM
gypsy I can't go Nolte yet...I have to work my three 12-hour shifts beginning tomorrow morning. yuck.
Anyways, my schedule is supposed to change in a couple of weeks...to weeknights...with weekends off. yay! Then I can have a life again...and I plan on going full-on Nolte.
10-23-03 09:20 PM
Some Guy Oh heck yeah! Beers at lunch with the boys=$20.00. Chiba bingers in the car and a piece to go $30.00. Making it home safely with a twelveski and partying to some Tattoo You in the garage to celebrate the one year anniversary of the Stones in Atlanta= Nolte!!!
10-24-03 10:05 AM
nankerphelge I'm with you SG.

Beers for lunch is a given.
There is just no escaping it!
And it is FRYday, so, you know, ya gotta do a bit more than usual!

And then there is happy hour!
Uncle Morty's may be in the cards.
You know there is a massive solar storm that will be impacting Earth today -- power grids, cell phones, vibrators -- all are at risk!
The only smart thing to do is drink!

Then tonite, I think a drunkenchibapostathon may be in order!

10-24-03 10:10 AM
Joey " And then there is happy hour!
Uncle Morty's may be in the cards. "

Uncle Mortys ?!?!

UNCLE MORTYS ?!?!

Man that sounds pretty good ......................Nanky , I will meet you there right at 5:00 EST sharp .

First " JaggerBomb " is on me .........Oh !!!! The first NewCastle too !

Has anybody seen ...................................my good friend Hammer ?

Can you tell me where he's gone ?

I thought I saw him ........................walking waaaaay over yonder ....................with Abraham , Martin and John .

" You mean the Grape Hath won Ronnie ? "

Jacky !
10-24-03 05:35 PM
Some Guy Nolte-ism is going according to plan today, screw the solar storm, it's the weekend, knock out my cell and blackberry on mon. is fine wit me. drunkenpostingchiba-bration will be cool, if I only had a Mars bar!!?!
10-24-03 07:50 PM
LadyJane Okay...I've just taken the triple N pledge.

A little early for me, but my day started off GREAT and ended with me in a dead car, waiting for AAA for over an hour, and the pleasure of being towed by a toothless mechanic!!

Weekend plans RUINED!!!

Bring on the Nolte!!

LadyJ.
10-24-03 09:16 PM
gypsy Perfect weekend to go Nolte...we get an 'extra' hour!
10-24-03 09:43 PM
beer the man is an inspiration to us all.

10-24-03 09:49 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl yes, the Patron Saint of Rocks Off
10-24-03 09:53 PM
Some Guy Gotta love that pose, wheres the profile. Feeling Nolteific.
10-24-03 10:54 PM
Some Guy Feeling Nolteific... I meant Feeling Nolte-riffic! Bee-yatch.
10-25-03 07:43 AM
nankerphelge That picture just does me in every time!
10-25-03 10:15 AM
sirmoonie Jesus man, pitched a high yaller chisel-Nolt last night. Hooked up with a pair of chippys from the old days. Drank a friggin crate of stilch. Woke up in the sauna with my underwear on my head and lipstick all over my toes. WTF? Checked my wallet and all my credit cards are still there, so I guess no harm no foul.

Not sure whats on tap for tonight. May have to ratchet it down a notch.

Party on, my brudders.
10-25-03 11:22 AM
nankerphelge Sounds serious.

Sometimes you just gotta detach your jaw like one of them egg-eatin' snakes and POUR the hootch down, bottle and all!

10-25-03 03:22 PM
Some Guy That picture, that damn picture. My wife put an end to the Nolte last night. A Nolte kill if you will. But I'm pleased to Nolte, won't you guess my stain.
10-25-03 04:38 PM
Zeeta Nolte - le Garcon!

Been at it hard today, Borough Market, London = dogs bollocks!

Here is the summary of events;

AM

Ostrich Burger!
Hot Spicy Cider!!!!!
few pints of Lindeboom (VVV nice larger..try it Netherlands)

PM

PUB
Winter Warmer Youngs Bitters.
Lamb and mint gravy pastie! LUSH!
White Wine
NOW - Clapham Common for some more ALE!

Keep at it - we can only dream that one day we will be worthy of St. Nolte!!!!!!
10-25-03 04:43 PM
Some Guy I'm in preparations to pull a Nolte tonight. Fire up the grill, the weather is great and yardwork is done. Look out Nolte here I come!
10-25-03 09:51 PM
Some Guy N
10-25-03 09:54 PM
gypsy O
10-25-03 10:30 PM
Some Guy L
10-25-03 10:49 PM
Some Guy T
Page: 1 2 3