ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I am the Lizard Pimp! Return to archive
October 28th, 2004 09:50 PM
M.O.W.A.T. Snoop Dogg to Remix Doors for New EA Racing Game

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - In one of the more unlikely musical pairings of recent times, rapper Snoop Dogg will remix The Doors' "Riders on the Storm" for a new video game, publisher Electronic Arts Inc. said on Thursday.

The remix will appear exclusively on the soundtrack to "Need for Speed Underground 2," set for release next month. The game features a mix of rap and rock tracks.

Game publishers have aggressively pursued exclusive music over the last few years as an extra selling point for their titles, while record labels have happily previewed new artists and new releases on games as an alternative way of introducing new music to their target audiences.
October 28th, 2004 09:53 PM
Soldatti More dance crap...
October 28th, 2004 09:56 PM
Madafaka The Doors played yesterday here in Buenos Aires. I didn't listen to the best commentaries...
October 28th, 2004 09:58 PM
Soldatti They played good according to a friend, I didn't go.
October 28th, 2004 10:06 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl They played here in Sunday and it was ok, no one will take Jim's place but Robbie and Ray have a good rock show
October 28th, 2004 10:07 PM
Madafaka
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
They played good according to a friend, I didn't go.

I didn't go either, but friends told me that the singer of The Cult is a sad imitator of Jim... I would not like to see as anybody does covers of him, because of it I was not there.
October 28th, 2004 10:08 PM
Madafaka
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
They played here in Sunday and it was ok, no one will take Jim's place but Robbie and Ray have a good rock show

Yeah, but I'm waiting for the best band that will visit Argentina... G3!
October 28th, 2004 10:41 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Madafaka wrote:

I didn't go either, but friends told me that the singer of The Cult is a sad imitator of Jim... I would not like to see as anybody does covers of him, because of it I was not there.

Jim never can be replaced.
October 30th, 2004 03:46 AM
Madafaka You're right!