ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: way to go boston!!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2
October 27th, 2004 11:51 PM
kath 4 up and 4 down!!!!

awesome!!!!
October 27th, 2004 11:56 PM
Mr. D They earned it. I can't believe they actually pulled it off. Kudos to the whole team and organization, I'm happy for them.
October 27th, 2004 11:58 PM
Nellcote SPEECHLESS!!!!
What a feeling..........
ROCK ON!!!!!

http://boston.com/

http://hexachord.net/alcs/

OH, BOSTON YOU'RE MY HOME....
October 28th, 2004 12:03 AM
littleredrooster This crap should be marked as non Stones content!!

Byte Me!
October 28th, 2004 12:23 AM
parmeda Yay Boston!
Thank you, for handing St. Louis their asses in 4!!!

I would have thanked ANYONE to hand St. Louis their asses.
I detest St. Louis.
Wait, I should clarify...
I detest St. Louis FANS, more than I detest the team.

Joey will back me up on this, lol. We are Cub Fans, yes we are...and we hate St. Louis. And LaRussa can suck my ass through a paper straw...

...period!

October 28th, 2004 12:42 AM
Bob Tamp What a series!.. What a win! It feels good to be a Boston Red Sox fan again.

If the Sox can do it, the Stones can do it too. Time to hit the studio boys
October 28th, 2004 12:49 AM
jimmyjam THIS REALLY SUCKS!!!!!!!
October 28th, 2004 06:59 AM
nankerphelge A lunar eclipse and Boston wins the series.

Clearly it is a sign of the end...
October 28th, 2004 07:22 AM
F505 is this about basketball, american football, baseball, icehockey???
October 28th, 2004 07:36 AM
LadyJane I'm happy for the Red Sox and their fans. Long wait..enjoy the sweet taste of victory!!

LJ.
October 28th, 2004 07:48 AM
Gazza
quote:
F505 wrote:
is this about basketball, american football, baseball, icehockey???

Baseball. Boston Red Sox have just won the "World" Series (before you ask, its confined to the US and a couple of Canadian teams). Its a series of play offs between the winners of the two major leagues in American baseball to decide the championship. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I dont think Boston ever managed to win it before in their very long history, hence much hype about a "curse" (or 'conspiracy' for the more paranoid!)

Saw a little bit of it last night as we get some of the games live here as well.
October 28th, 2004 08:00 AM
LadyJane The Red Sox last won the World Series in 1918...86 years ago!!

www.boston.com

Great pics!!

LJ.
October 28th, 2004 08:14 AM
Nellcote THE BATTLE CRY IN NEW ENGLAND TODAY............

WICKED PISSA!!!!!
WICKED PISSA!!!!!
October 28th, 2004 08:19 AM
Gazza
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
The Red Sox last won the World Series in 1918...86 years ago!!

www.boston.com

Great pics!!

LJ.

Indeed they are, and thanks for the correction.

I'm convinced that allowing rock concerts to take place at Fenway Park last year lifted the curse. Thank Bruce.

"Pigs can fly, hell is frozen, the slipper finally fits,
and Impossible Dreams really can come true.
The Red Sox have won the World Series "

Great headline too!

Question is : will you all be conscious in time to vote next Tuesday....
[Edited by Gazza]
October 28th, 2004 08:41 AM
F505
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Baseball. Boston Red Sox have just won the "World" Series (before you ask, its confined to the US and a couple of Canadian teams). Its a series of play offs between the winners of the two major leagues in American baseball to decide the championship. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I dont think Boston ever managed to win it before in their very long history, hence much hype about a "curse" (or 'conspiracy' for the more paranoid!)

Saw a little bit of it last night as we get some of the games live here as well.

Thanks! O.J.Simpson was always one of my favorites!
October 28th, 2004 11:48 AM
M.O.W.A.T.
quote:
Gazza wrote:

The "World" in World Series is a reference to the Boston World newspaper. I think it was in 1905 that this newspaper decided to sponsor a championship series between the winners of the National League and the American League and as a result, it was called the World Series (nothing to do with global supremacy).

BTW, congrats to all Red Sox fans!
[Edited by M.O.W.A.T.]
October 28th, 2004 11:51 AM
Joey
quote:
parmeda wrote:

Joey will back me up on this, lol. We are Cub Fans, yes we are...and we hate St. Louis. And LaRussa can suck my ass through a paper straw...

...period!

Hello Pammy �

I agree with you one hundred percent .

All of those St. Louis Essessy's � cam kiss me keister .

First the Boston Red Sox win and next week John Kerry .

Ah , the Glory ...........................

The Glory ..............................

JACKY �
October 28th, 2004 11:57 AM
Gazza
quote:
M.O.W.A.T. wrote:

The "World" in World Series is a reference to the Boston World newspaper. I think it was in 1905 that this newspaper decided to sponsor a championship series between the winners of the National League and the American League and as a result, it was called the World Series (nothing to do with global supremacy).

BTW, congrats to all Red Sox fans!
[Edited by M.O.W.A.T.]

Thanks MOWAT. That I didnt know. But dont the team who win it call themselves "world champions" or is that just a pun on the name of the newspaper?
October 28th, 2004 03:15 PM
Joey It took superior pitching and a lunar eclipse but the Curse of the Bambino has been lifted. As I watch these games year after year, it seems apparent that the most talented team does not always prevail. The team that's feeling best about itself, believes, wants it more and has that intangible thing that's a cross between plain old luck and an oldtime baseball term I've always loved: moxie. Whatever that is.

" Victory and defeat, each in their own way, are both imposters, all glory is fleeting, it's all about the quest and the journey. And this one was epic, a story that existed long before it came to pass.

So roll over Nostradamus,
And bring back the Boston Rag,
The Sox are champions of baseball,
Tell ev'rybody that it ain't no drag.............."

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! " �

Jacky �
October 28th, 2004 03:32 PM
F505 hi joey I have no clue where you're talking about but:

"het is goed in Holland te zijn"
October 28th, 2004 03:37 PM
parmeda Hey Joey!
Read this, quick!!! http://www.suntimes.com/output/cubs/cst-spt-cub27.html

Do you think that if those guys come here with their balls and rub up against our guys' balls, the dreaded curse might finally be lifted for us too? They may have to stick a billy goat between them, but hey...we'll try anything, lol

And for those of you that might just have misunderstood me...the balls in question, are baseballs
October 28th, 2004 03:38 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Baseball. Boston Red Sox have just won the "World" Series (before you ask, its confined to the US and a couple of Canadian teams). Its a series of play offs between the winners of the two major leagues in American baseball to decide the championship.

With all due respect Gazza, don't be such a nitpicker.
October 28th, 2004 03:50 PM
Joey
quote:
F505 wrote:
hi joey I have no clue where you're talking about but:

"het is goed in Holland te zijn"

And Shalom to you my Essessy ...............�

JACKY ! �
October 28th, 2004 03:53 PM
Joey " Read this, quick!!! http://www.suntimes.com/output/cubs/cst-spt-cub27.html "

" The Red Sox, who played their 1918 Series games in Chicago at the more spacious Comiskey Park, will make their first visit ever to Wrigley Field on June 10-12, according to a tentative 2005 schedule released Tuesday by the Cubs. The 1918 meeting was the last time the Red Sox won a World Series "

Bless you my Stonesian Princess ....................

But I am a little " ticked off " at me Cubbies right now

Essessy �
October 28th, 2004 08:26 PM
kath it was a great "series" (heheheheh) and an incredibly beautiful lunar eclipse. damn fine evening, actually!!
October 28th, 2004 11:51 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Now that the subject comes up I'm not sure how many countries have baseball professional baseball leagues, not many, as far as I think Cuba and Japan.
October 29th, 2004 12:45 AM
Saint Sway hey if any one in Boston feels like celebrating the victory with some kick ass rock and roll - then get your ass out on Halloween night and check out Rich Robinson's (of the Black Crowes) show at The Parasise club

Rich always includes a Stones cover or two in his live sets. And I've said it before and I'll say it again: Rich Robinson is the premiere guitar apprentice of Keith Richards. Nobody can match Keith's tone and riffs like Rich.

so if your in Boston on Halloween this sunday and still have some gas in your tank after all the celebrating this weekend then catch the show. If your a Keef fan and a classic rock fan you'll be glad you did.

RIch Robinson
The Paradise (Boston, MA)
October 31st
www.richrobinson.net

I'll see you there. CHEERS!
October 29th, 2004 07:34 AM
Gazza
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

With all due respect Gazza, don't be such a nitpicker.

What - for explaining what a baseball championship play off is to a fellow foreigner?

Go fuck yourself, asshole
October 29th, 2004 07:36 AM
Gazza
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I'm convinced that allowing rock concerts to take place at Fenway Park last year lifted the curse. Thank Bruce.

"Are you ready for a Boston house party? Well, tonight we're here on a very special occasion... and it's gonna call for more than a rock and roll house party.... we got to have a rock and roll exorcism, baby! Because even though we are from New Jersey.... I can feel your pain!.... We know how you�ve struggled against your nemesis to the south... I wanna introduce your exorcisers..."
--Springsteen and the E Street Band take care of the Curse of the Bambino, Fenway Park, 9/7/03
October 29th, 2004 09:40 AM
Joey

..........I'm Chubbin'�

http://www.keno.org/gasland/get.asp?M=131917&P=131910&T=131910

J�
Page: 1 2