ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rod Stewart Album #1 (SSC) Return to archive
October 27th, 2004 08:37 AM
justinkurian You can read the full article here...

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=638&ncid=579&e=5&u=/nm/20041027/en_nm/leisure_stewart_dc

...but, here's the interesting part:

"(Stewart's manager Arnold) Stiefel said there would likely be a fourth "Songbook," but Stewart also wants to reunite with old band mates Jeff Beck and Ron Wood of the Rolling Stones to record an album."

-You know Ronnie would be down. I hope Jeff jumps on board. And I do hope both guitarists would be playing at the same time and not on individual tracks.
October 27th, 2004 10:18 AM
jb iT'S CALLED GOOD MARKETING....RELEASING IT WHEN NO OTHER MAJOR ALBUM COMES OUT(ALTHOUGH 250K IS QUITE RESPECTABLE CONSIDERING THE PURE SHIT THIS GUY IS PUTTING OUT)....40 LICKS WOULD HAVE BEEN #1 BUT FOR THOSE MORONS RELEASING IT THE SAME WEEK AS ELVIS' #1'S....HAVING A #1 ALBUM IN 4 DECADES WOULD HAVE BEEN GREAT, BUT OF COURSE WE CAN'T EVEN GET THAT..I'M SURE THE NEW ALBUM WILL COINCIDE WITH SOME OTHER MAJOR ARTISTS RELEASE ASSURING IT A LOW CHART POSITION...
October 27th, 2004 10:35 AM
Nellcote JB; Could you turn off the CAPS, as I'm not getting much sleep lately, it's rather "in your face" Thanks!
October 27th, 2004 10:41 AM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
iT'S CALLED GOOD MARKETING....RELEASING IT WHEN NO OTHER MAJOR ALBUM COMES OUT(ALTHOUGH 250K IS QUITE RESPECTABLE CONSIDERING THE PURE SHIT THIS GUY IS PUTTING OUT)....40 LICKS WOULD HAVE BEEN #1 BUT FOR THOSE MORONS RELEASING IT THE SAME WEEK AS ELVIS' #1'S....HAVING A #1 ALBUM IN 4 DECADES WOULD HAVE BEEN GREAT, BUT OF COURSE WE CAN'T EVEN GET THAT..I'M SURE THE NEW ALBUM WILL COINCIDE WITH SOME OTHER MAJOR ARTISTS RELEASE ASSURING IT A LOW CHART POSITION...

BILL PERKS HAS STOLEN JB'S COMPUTER.....
October 27th, 2004 02:31 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Gazza wrote:

BILL PERKS HAS STOLEN JB'S COMPUTER.....

And it's not even Halloween yet!
October 27th, 2004 02:33 PM
jb
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:

And it's not even Halloween yet!

I can honestly say that's one poster I genuinely dislike....see also Lucads4, Jumacfly, and a few others...
October 27th, 2004 02:34 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
I can honestly say that's one poster I genuinely dislike....see also Lucads4, Jumacfly, and a few others...

S.S. ?!?!
October 27th, 2004 04:55 PM
lucasd4
quote:
jb wrote:

At least you're no longer using that avatar with those monkey looking kids in it
October 27th, 2004 09:47 PM
Soldatti
quote:
jb wrote:
iT'S CALLED GOOD MARKETING....RELEASING IT WHEN NO OTHER MAJOR ALBUM COMES OUT(ALTHOUGH 250K IS QUITE RESPECTABLE CONSIDERING THE PURE SHIT THIS GUY IS PUTTING OUT)....40 LICKS WOULD HAVE BEEN #1 BUT FOR THOSE MORONS RELEASING IT THE SAME WEEK AS ELVIS' #1'S....HAVING A #1 ALBUM IN 4 DECADES WOULD HAVE BEEN GREAT, BUT OF COURSE WE CAN'T EVEN GET THAT..I'M SURE THE NEW ALBUM WILL COINCIDE WITH SOME OTHER MAJOR ARTISTS RELEASE ASSURING IT A LOW CHART POSITION...

100% true
Look the #1 sales for that weeks in 2002:
09-15 Sep: Dixie Chicks - Home (214,000)
16-22 Sep: Disturbed - Believe (284,000)
23-29 Sep: Elvis Presley - Elv1s: 30 #1 Hits (500,000)
30 Sep-06 Oct: Elvis Presley - Elv1s: 30 #1 Hits (337,000)
07-13 Oct: Week ending Oct. 26: Elvis Presley - Elv1s: 30 #1 Hits (205,000)

Forty Licks sold 310,000 copies in the week of Sep. 30 - Oct. 6.
Look the sales from that weeks, Forty Licks was released in a very bad time. Why not was released on Sept. 10 or Sept. 17? They were touring by the time and the album was just a Greatest Hits... and if they waited so long, why not wait another week as Oct. 8?
Very very bad marketing...
October 28th, 2004 12:33 AM
BILL PERKS
quote:
jb wrote:

I THOUGHT YOU HATED ME..I PREFER IT THAT WAY.
October 28th, 2004 02:52 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
jb wrote:

Im sorry but who are you ???
October 28th, 2004 03:03 AM
UGot2Rollme even though I would never listen to this horseshit, you can't blame old Rod the mod for milking it for all it's worth
October 29th, 2004 10:32 AM
glencar What A Wonderful World is horrible. It's like a BILL PERKS post. Dull & dreary & easily skippable.
October 29th, 2004 12:31 PM
Saint Sway Even thought they are my 2nd favorite band of all time - I didnt nominate The Faces for the band I'd most want to see reunite in the reunion thread because Rod Stewart IS FUCKING LAME!

Rod has become lame beyond what words can describe.

everything hes done over the last 30 years makes me cringe.
October 29th, 2004 12:33 PM
Saint Sway Ronnie Wood and Ian McLagan are still cool as shit though

and Ronnie Lane is eternally cool.

but Rod Stewart is an ass clown