ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The laziest band? Any suggestions? Return to archive
October 27th, 2004 04:47 AM
F505 Which is the laziest band of let's say the last 8 years? Any suggestions?
[Edited by F505]
October 27th, 2004 05:11 AM
FotiniD Hm... Now, let me think... Our boys maybe?! lol
October 27th, 2004 05:18 AM
Gazza actually..I'd say The Who.

The Stones may have done next to nothing creatively in 7 years but at least they've played about 250 concerts.

The Who's tours are much shorter and they havent done a new album since 1982 (granted they officially split for a few years mid 80's).

However, most of the Stones have kept reasonably busy with new solo work - Mick especially. Most of what Pete has done in the last few years has amounted to ways of rehashing Tommy and Quadrophenia.
[Edited by Gazza]
October 27th, 2004 05:28 AM
Moonisup yes we all love micks solo efforts!
October 27th, 2004 05:29 AM
Jumacfly Nirvana...
October 27th, 2004 05:30 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
yes we all love micks solo efforts!

yes I ve bought 200 copies of Alfie i love that song so much..
October 27th, 2004 05:36 AM
Gazza
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
yes we all love micks solo efforts!

regardless of that fact, at least he's still active
October 27th, 2004 05:39 AM
Moonisup
quote:
Gazza wrote:

regardless of that fact, at least he's still active

I got your point! I know
but I couldn't resist!
October 27th, 2004 05:59 AM
L&A Pink Floyd ?

PS: salut Karim (huge PF-fan)
October 27th, 2004 07:07 AM
marko well,Pink Floyd,maybe stones as well,but after about 400songs or so,,,lazy?After all,nope!
October 27th, 2004 07:17 AM
FotiniD
quote:
marko wrote:
well,Pink Floyd,maybe stones as well,but after about 400songs or so,,,lazy?After all,nope!

I was thinking lazy studio-wise. Sure, after all this time and all these records, they've earned their rights to even spend eight years recording nothing new (as Stones) but hey, new material is new material, so... Yes, they're lazy Spending their time in solo stuff and random live appearances as guests... (Ok there was a tour... I need more!).

We should just lock them in the studio. Lock them up.
October 27th, 2004 07:20 AM
Mr Hess Boston
October 27th, 2004 07:32 AM
F505 ofcourse this was a rhetorical question
October 27th, 2004 07:49 AM
M.O.W.A.T. The Doors.

October 27th, 2004 08:01 AM
Some Guy Bon Jovi
October 27th, 2004 09:09 AM
Monkeytonkman One of the laziest bands I've ever seen live is Oasis, absolute shite.

Had to leave before the end to go to the bar next door, just so I could try and rescue something from the evening.
October 27th, 2004 12:44 PM
marko Being shite,is even worse than lazy!
October 27th, 2004 12:45 PM
jb Beatles
October 27th, 2004 01:58 PM
Joey " actually..I'd say The Who. "
<----------- !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

" The Who's tours are much shorter and they havent done a new album since 1982 (granted they officially split for a few years mid 80's). "

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

" Most of what Pete has done in the last few years has amounted to ways of rehashing Tommy and Quadrophenia. "

YOU MAKE JOEY CRY LIKE BABY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why ?!?!

WHY ?!?!

Why must you make young Jo Jo cry so violently ?!?!?!

WHY ?!?!

WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?! WHY ?!? WHY ?!?!

Tiger !
October 27th, 2004 06:15 PM
mickjaggersgrl the beatles are sort of lazy, they only lasted to the 70s so thats kind of lazy, i dont know
October 27th, 2004 09:55 PM
Soldatti The Stones, as creative group.
Pink Floyd overall.
October 27th, 2004 10:03 PM
gypsy I cannot even imagine anyone saying our Stones are lazy. They're older than my Dad...yet they embarked on a rigorous World Tour where Mick's stamina (dancing and running around whilst singing, ladies) would put a 20-year-old to shame.
I, too, wish they would get into the studio and record an album. But, maybe they're just enjoying life and their children and grandchildren. Look at all the failed relationships and friendships they've lost over the years because they were ALWAYS on the road. They deserve a break...and I don't think we have a right to bitch about them not coming out with a new album. I don't expect anything from them. I am happy with everything they've "given" me over the years.
October 28th, 2004 04:39 PM
mickjaggersgrl
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I cannot even imagine anyone saying our Stones are lazy. They're older than my Dad...yet they embarked on a rigorous World Tour where Mick's stamina (dancing and running around whilst singing, ladies) would put a 20-year-old to shame.
I, too, wish they would get into the studio and record an album. But, maybe they're just enjoying life and their children and grandchildren. Look at all the failed relationships and friendships they've lost over the years because they were ALWAYS on the road. They deserve a break...and I don't think we have a right to bitch about them not coming out with a new album. I don't expect anything from them. I am happy with everything they've "given" me over the years.

you are so right.
October 28th, 2004 04:45 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I don't expect anything from them. I am happy with everything they've "given" me over the years.

They never "gave" me anything. They produce a product-I buy it. The only thing I "expect" from the Stones is another encore. And if they don't deliver ... burn the place fucking down.
October 28th, 2004 04:56 PM
mickjaggersgrl
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

They never "gave" me anything. They produce a product-I buy it. The only thing I "expect" from the Stones is another encore. And if they don't deliver ... burn the place fucking down.

really
October 28th, 2004 09:44 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

October 28th, 2004 10:11 PM
iluvmickjagger07 i dont know whos the laziest but i know the stones are definitely the most energetic. i think mick jagger is the one who incourages them to be active. how can some of yall say theyre lazy? they are known for their live energetic performances
October 29th, 2004 12:50 AM
Saint Sway Ryan Adams is by far the laziest

he only came out with like 9 albums this year

frickin slacker