ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: which album is better Return to archive Page: 1 2
October 26th, 2004 08:44 PM
mickjaggersgrl Out of thease two albums which one do you think is the best Between the buttons or aftermath?????? whats ur opinion?
October 26th, 2004 08:58 PM
Gazza Aftermath by a mile
October 26th, 2004 09:58 PM
Lazy Bones Aftermath.
October 26th, 2004 10:15 PM
Soldatti Aftermath (UK version)
October 27th, 2004 04:36 AM
F505 aftermath although BTB is underrated
October 27th, 2004 04:42 AM
Jumacfly Aftermath..
October 27th, 2004 04:43 AM
F505
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
Aftermath..

You're kidding!
October 27th, 2004 05:31 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
F505 wrote:

You're kidding!

Hi F505
of course i m kidding!!
alfie is far better!!!
October 27th, 2004 06:11 AM
F505 hi jumacfly! How does Alfie sound? I haven't heard it yet!
October 27th, 2004 06:20 AM
beer Live at Budokan
October 27th, 2004 07:17 AM
Mr Hess Aftermath
October 27th, 2004 06:28 PM
mickjaggersgrl yeh i agree with yall i love aftermath the best too
October 27th, 2004 06:31 PM
Mel Belli Aftermath ranks right up there with the Big Four.
October 27th, 2004 06:58 PM
nankerphelge Aftermath!
October 27th, 2004 06:59 PM
Mr. D Aftermath is the better album, but Between the Buttons is a great one too. BTB is different than anything else the Stones had done. It's very britsh-sounding,and the songs have an odd pop allure. Aftermath though, is tremendous. It's also an accomplishment for the band, as this is the first record that was completly written by the boys, no covers. Some fine tracks on here, although Goin Home, IMO goes on a little long.
October 27th, 2004 08:20 PM
mickjaggersgrl
October 27th, 2004 08:30 PM
gypsy Bread's Greatest Hits
October 27th, 2004 08:44 PM
MarthaMyDear You've got a PM, gypsy...

*** Martha ***
October 28th, 2004 10:03 PM
iluvmickjagger07 i dont have aftermath but i do have between the buttons and i like a couple of songs on it. im going to have to buy aftermath since evreyone likes it so much
October 28th, 2004 10:11 PM
Madafaka Buy it right now online! Try in amazon.com
October 28th, 2004 11:13 PM
luridchief As an album I actually prefer BETWEEN THE BUTTONS . . . !
October 29th, 2004 04:50 AM
Honky Tonk Man
After reading this thread yesterday, I decided to give both a spin last night.

In my opinion, Between The Buttons (UK & US versions) is far superior too Aftermath. Between The Buttons has such a warm feel to it and there is a real sense of fun. All the songs have great hooks and COME ON; it has Something Happened To Me Yesterday on it! Pure genius! It puts and jokey Beatles song to shame.

I will however say that the UK Aftermath is fairly decent. It has a fantastic picture on the front and it has probably the coolest Mid Sixties Stones numbers, Under My Thumb. I jus find a lot of the album to be quite dull.

Alex
October 29th, 2004 07:11 AM
Gazza
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

I will however say that the UK Aftermath is fairly decent. It has a fantastic picture on the front and it has probably the coolest Mid Sixties Stones numbers, Under My Thumb. I jus find a lot of the album to be quite dull.

Alex

funny, but thats how I find Between the Buttons. The songs are decent enough, but for the most part unmemorable. Aftermath simply has greater songs - and has Brian Jones at his most versatile.
October 29th, 2004 09:42 AM
Gimme Shelter AFTERMATH
October 29th, 2004 10:13 AM
glencar Aftermath. And "Going Home" isn't nearly long enough. The US version of Aftermath isn't as good as the UK version.
October 29th, 2004 02:15 PM
stewed & Keefed Aftermath UK version.
October 29th, 2004 06:50 PM
mickjaggersgrl
quote:
stewed & Keefed wrote:
Aftermath UK version.

i got the aftermath UK version on cd
October 29th, 2004 07:01 PM
iluvmickjagger07
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

After reading this thread yesterday, I decided to give both a spin last night.

In my opinion, Between The Buttons (UK & US versions) is far superior too Aftermath. Between The Buttons has such a warm feel to it and there is a real sense of fun. All the songs have great hooks and COME ON; it has Something Happened To Me Yesterday on it! Pure genius! It puts and jokey Beatles song to shame.

Alex

what a great description of between the buttons.thats exactly how i feel about that album. i dont know about aftermath because i dont have that one, yet
October 29th, 2004 07:33 PM
Stonesthrow
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Aftermath simply has greater songs - and has Brian Jones at his most versatile.

Totally agree, Gazza. In fact, it is their single best album of all, barely beating out Sticky Fingers. In my opinion, Brian's versatility was one of the most important qualities in their music at that time. I also loved how they lyrically bashed the conventional mores of British society.

October 30th, 2004 06:51 PM
crb69 WOW! BTB - Between The Buttons; released 1967
BTB - Bridges To Babylon; released 1997
WOW!
Page: 1 2