ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick Jagger, Keith Richards Investigate Flu Vaccine Shortage Return to archive
October 26th, 2004 12:10 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Mick Jagger, Keith Richards Investigate Flu Vaccine Shortage

Oct 25 2004 by Ross Bender
Sir Mick Jagger, recently knighted by the Queen of England for unspecified "services to the Crown," will head a commission investigating the mysterious shutdown of the Chiron laboratories in Liverpool, which led to the critical flu vaccine shortage in the US.

The vaccine has abruptly become in short supply in the United States. Under the current distribution system, vials of the drug are distributed in Wal-Marts and Costco stores, but only those over 65 are permitted to stand in line to obtain the drug. Lines at some of the Wal-Marts stretch for several miles, and seniors arrived as early as 1:00am on the day before yesterday to obtain a place in the distribution line.

Even with the emergency rationing plan, many seniors are dropping dead on the spot after having to wait two to three days to obtain the critical medicine. The Canadian border has been closed, as frantic seniors have mobbed border-crossings to obtain the drug from Canadian pharmacies. The vaccine retails for $17 (Canadian) as opposed to as much as $400 in some US supermarkets.

US Drug Czar Dalton Ramsbottom insists that "We planned it this way. See, it's a kind of triage system. When senior citizens drop dead in a 17-hour waiting line, we can tell that they shouldn't have been out there in the first place. Vaccine wouldn't have done 'em any good anyway."

Jagger was chosen by Parliament to lead the investigation because of his many years of experience with pharmaceuticals. Keith Richards, vice chairman of the commission, said that he had personally tried several hundred doses of the current vaccine, for research purposes only, and it didn't have any effect on him. "That's when I started to suspect foul play up in Liverpool."

Sir Mick pointed out that in his 1969 hit song You Can't Always Get What You Want he had uncannily predicted the vaccine shortage of 2004.
October 26th, 2004 01:37 AM
Poplar
lol
October 26th, 2004 01:24 PM
BILL PERKS NOT FUNNY
October 26th, 2004 03:41 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

NOT FUNNY

Yeah, I agree. It is kind of weak, isn't it? Oh well, my bad, I should have screened it properly.
October 26th, 2004 07:17 PM
kath i dunno. it was kind of funny when doug posted it on sdb.....
October 26th, 2004 08:25 PM
mickjaggersgrl lol?? ok
October 26th, 2004 09:58 PM
Soldatti
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
NOT FUNNY

Agree