ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ashlee Simpson pulls a Milli Vanilli Return to archive Page: 1 2
October 24th, 2004 02:22 PM
Bloozehound This is funny:

In the key of fake

Teen songbird Ashlee Simpson had a microphone malfunction on "Saturday Night Live" last night, scurrying off stage when a production glitch caught her lip-synching the wrong tune.

The pop star, younger sister of singer and TV star Jessica Simpson, sounded great belting out "Pieces of Me" in her first segment on the show. It was the same song that she butchered at August's MTV Music Video Awards, drawing withering reviews for a flat, out of key performance.

But the triumphant moment turned into a debacle when she came out to debut the song "Autobiography" for a second set. But whoever was responsible for piping in a studio-engineered rendition for Simpson to mouth screwed up, playing "Pieces" once again.

The raven-haired beauty hopped around briefly, then slinked off the stage as her hapless band half-heartedly faked away. It didn't take long for critics to vent their rage on Ashlee Simpson's official Web site.

"Finally, you're exposed for the fraud that you are," wrote an E-mail poster named drdrewby minutes after the embarrassing performance. "You have cheated your fans and people who actually thought that you had a lick of talent. You should quit the music business because you are now and always will be a complete and utter joke."

Said CowboyJeff99: "I knew she sounded like crap live, so I was 'wondering' what was going on when her voice sounded just like the radio edit."

When the cast of the live show came out to bid the audience good night, actor Jude Law tried to explain Simpson's slipup.

"What can I say folks, live TV," Law shrugged.

A still-humiliated Simpson apologized to her fans - and blamed her band for playing the wrong song.

Greg Wilson

from nydailynews.com

video here:

http://www.collegehumor.com/news/ashlee_snl.wmv
October 24th, 2004 03:33 PM
kath it's pretty damn funny. her band looks like it's all they can do to keep from rolling on the floor.....
October 24th, 2004 03:47 PM
sirmoonie LOL! And she's the one with all the talent and brains in that family!
October 24th, 2004 06:09 PM
Trey Krimsin Why does this not surprise me?
October 24th, 2004 06:29 PM
ResidentMule I could post my opinion, but I'd rather wait to hear Elton John's
October 24th, 2004 06:52 PM
mickjaggersgrl ashlee simpson sucks so who cares?!
October 24th, 2004 07:15 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Trey Krimsin wrote:
Why does this not surprise me?

Me too.
October 24th, 2004 07:33 PM
LadyJane Oh thanks sooooo much for the link!!!

ROTFLMFAO!!!

At least Jessica can sing.

LJ.
October 24th, 2004 07:35 PM
gypsy I recorded SNL last night...and just got done watching it a few minutes ago. I saw the Ashlee Simpson debacle. WTF? It really wasn't a big deal...she should have stayed out there and sung her song...sung anything...made something up. But then again, she's just a puppet, so you can't expect her to "wing it."
October 24th, 2004 08:10 PM
Trey Krimsin It makes me sick to hear on the radio some song by a talentless hack with an almost monotonous voice.
October 24th, 2004 08:34 PM
gypsy Stupid bitch. She should have just started singing anything. Hell, even do some stand-up comedy. I know I would. It was so HOWE at the end when she said "My band played the wrong song, so I just danced a hoedown." Yeah, that's cool, Ashlee. I guess next time I'm put on the spot, I'll just dance a stupid jig. I will say that I think her sister is really pretty and has a great figure. I thought that years ago, when she first hit the music scene, and was pitted against those two ugmos--Britney and Christina.
October 24th, 2004 08:58 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I will say that I think her sister is really pretty and has a great figure.

Yeah, but Gyps, her sister is one of those rare individuals whose attractiveness level plummets when they begin to speak. Its a ten foot pole type sitch. You and me would have a lot more fun romping on a king size with the lil' lip syncher.
October 24th, 2004 11:09 PM
gypsy True.
Do you think Nick Lachey is hatin' life?
October 24th, 2004 11:58 PM
kath what was the name of that girl pop singer who had a couple mega hits and never appeared again?? i can't think of it..anyway, she will have some company soon.....
October 24th, 2004 11:59 PM
Bloozehound The kicker is that when she apologizes later she blames her band for playing the wrong song LMAO!
October 25th, 2004 01:03 AM
gypsy I know. And did you notice that the guys in the band were laughing?
October 25th, 2004 01:34 AM
corgi37 And, her record will still sell more than "Live Licks". A cargo ship more. You can all quote me on that.

Music sucks!

Still, i'd do her.

And her sister.
October 25th, 2004 01:49 AM
beer
quote:
kath wrote:
what was the name of that girl pop singer who had a couple mega hits and never appeared again?? i can't think of it..anyway, she will have some company soon.....

Ricky Martin?

-
October 25th, 2004 03:21 AM
gypsy Well, she ain't got a Kevin Federline in her corner.
October 25th, 2004 06:04 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I thought that years ago, when she first hit the music scene, and was pitted against those two ugmos--Britney and Christina.

Speaking of whom.....

Christina to appear in The Simpsons

Christina Aguilera is to appear in an episode of The Simpsons.

The singer features as a pop star wannabe when Lisa enters a Pop Idol-type show, reports The Sun.

The new series of The Simpsons is being shown on Channel 4 at 9pm from November 5.

It is the first time the animated series has been shown on terrestrial TV at primetime, reports the Daily Mirror.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
October 25th, 2004 11:39 AM
telecaster That was almost as painful to watch as that Russian figure skater getting knocked out from doing a face plant
October 25th, 2004 12:50 PM
KeepRigid
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
And, her record will still sell more than "Live Licks". A cargo ship more.

Well, it's ingenious actually. Her manager can now slap a "LIVE!" on the same record and watch as her hapless fans line up for her first live offering. That's what my lawyer would do, anyway.

quote:
You can quote me on that.

I did!

October 25th, 2004 05:44 PM
mickjaggersgrl well she cant sing enyways so its no surprise to me
October 25th, 2004 05:47 PM
mickjaggersgrl
quote:
Trey Krimsin wrote:
Why does this not surprise me?

i agree
October 25th, 2004 07:21 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Simpson Dad Blames Acid Reflux for Gaffe

By DAVID BAUDER, AP Television Writer

NEW YORK - If Ashlee Simpson's stomach was upset Saturday night, imagine how she's feeling now. Busted for a "Saturday Night Live" lip-synch gone awry, her manager-father said Monday his 19-year-old daughter used the extra help because acid reflux disease had made her voice hoarse.

October 25th, 2004 08:31 PM
kath you guys are a big help.....

sheesh...

what WAS her name???

damn.......
October 25th, 2004 08:37 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
kath wrote:
you guys are a big help.....

sheesh...

what WAS her name???

damn.......

Debbie Gibson? There's hundreds of girls who fit the description.
October 25th, 2004 08:46 PM
Trey Krimsin Debbie Gibson had more than a couple of hits.

Maybe Kath is thinking of Tiffany.
[Edited by Trey Krimsin]
October 25th, 2004 08:49 PM
sirmoonie Tiffany only had one hit.

Maybe it really is Ricky Martin?
October 25th, 2004 08:50 PM
Bloozehound Samantha Fox
Page: 1 2